One of The Most Biggest Bitten Concepts of Hip Hop

Options
HottestMcs
HottestMcs Members Posts: 35
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Source: http://hottestmcs.com/2012/03/no-originality-once-again.html

So I just found out Bobby Ray's new album is Strange Clouds, I heard a song called Bobby Ray vs B.O.B. It's cool, but I am sick of artist like his mentor T.I. fighting their alter egos. I'm tired of T.I. vs T.I.P, Cassidy vs The Hustler! What's next Nicki Minaj vs That Crazy B*tch Roman. SMH! Why can't some people be original?

HottestMCs.com

Comments

• blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna say "good girl gone bad" concept, till duke pulled out the nas video, its ok to reuse a concept its the way u persuade the message.

Like Kendrick lamar with ADHD, thats been done before but i think he did it better then anybody, one of the deepest tracks ive ever heard, that ? stay goin over peoples heads
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just arent creative.... Why aint the dunk contest what it used to be? Because we seen the same ? before and your favorite rappers of today are just clones from rappers of the 80's and 90's...
  • blackdemo
    edited March 2012
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    ? just arent creative.... Why aint the dunk contest what it used to be? Because we seen the same ? before and your favorite rappers of today are just clones from rappers of the 80's and 90's...

I mean what can u really do different in the dunk contest man? u can only do so much.

like dude posted, no idea is original, thats just the way it works dawg. People ARE creative theres just different ways of spreading a message to touch people.

i mean from 1700-2012 (music in general)

how many love songs has there been?

from 1920-2012 (music in general)
    how many songs about partying has there been

I mean its not like people can help it breh, all they can do is try to make it better if anything
  • HottestMcs
    Options
  • blackdemo
    Options
    BUT with that being said...that album title is NOT original whatsoever. he shoulda had the concept throughout the album but not as the title
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    TheIraq wrote: »

I mean what can u really do different in the dunk contest man? u can only do so much.

like dude posted, no idea is original, thats just the way it works dawg. People ARE creative theres just different ways of spreading a message to touch people.

i mean from 1700-2012 (music in general)

how many love songs has there been?

from 1920-2012 (music in general)
    how many songs about partying has there been

I mean its not like people can help it breh, all they can do is try to make it better if anything

I agree with everything you just said...

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually I think the most bitten concept is the personification of a gun or drug as a woman
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
    lol man i hate that ? too. You right tho Nikki Minaj defintely gonna do it

http://youtu.be/Xk6U6zPY_UY
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would the most bitten is from commons I used to love her.now raps everyone's girl
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would the most bitten is from commons I used to love her.now raps everyone's girl

I think you mean using metaphors was bitten because I can't think of anyone else who bit the metaphor of hip-hop as a woman other than Common. At most there were references to Common's track, but that's obviously not a bite.

And metaphors were obviously around before I Used to Love H.E.R.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    B.O.B's new album isnt called "B.o.B. vs Bobby Ray" its "Strange Clouds"
  • HottestMcs
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    B.O.B's new album isnt called "B.o.B. vs Bobby Ray" its "Strange Clouds"

My fault I was talking about this song I saw
    http://rapradar.com/2012/03/19/new-music-b-o-b-where-are-you-b-o-b-vs-bobby-ray/