If Mike Vick has ANY involvement in this shooting, he should be kicked out of the NFL

Options

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I guess the issue I have with this is that there's NO evidence pointing at Vick. So how can he be punished for sumthin that happened when he wasn't around, and that he had nothing to do with? If that's the case Roddy White should be getting suspended too.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    The movie Fargo was loosely based on your life...GTFOH, You live in Bumfuk South Dakota...what do u know about a club???

This thread is the closest you'll get to being around the culture you love so much...You dont interact w/ black people in Fargo, yet you love our style LOL this is your Nirvana (not the band)

If i had ur life i'd hang onto this thread, too...your name keeps gittin dropped and you like that feeling, dont you? Loser...

lol nah, i don't know ? about gettin shot up at clubs. smh @ you reducing black culture to thuggery and criminal activity.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I guess the issue I have with this is that there's NO evidence pointing at Vick. So how can he be punished for sumthin that happened when he wasn't around, and that he had nothing to do with? If that's the case Roddy White should be getting suspended too.

Roddy White isn't fresh off of felony charges, a reinstatement by the league, and declaration that he is on a very 'short leash'.

on top of that, Vick is not supposed to be near Phillips. So IF IF IF a case can be made that he was around Phillips, he could be in violation of his parole.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Yea, but you gotta do better than a rough estimate when dealing with a shooting at your party. He might be completely innocent and I hope he is for his sake, but it just does not look good.

But if you can't remember you can't remember. And it's not like the party was at his house...it was at a club...just had his name attached to it. I'd say only being about 20 mins off isn't a bad guess as to when you left either.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Roddy White isn't fresh off of felony charges, a reinstatement by the league, and declaration that he is on a very 'short leash'.

on top of that, Vick is not supposed to be near Phillips. So IF IF IF a case can be made that he was around Phillips, he could be in violation of his parole.

I read an article on ESPN earlier. He can be around that dude. But the dude can't like come and move in with him or anything like that. If he sees him out there and says "Hey, how you doin?" and ? it's ok
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol nah, i don't know ? about gettin shot up at clubs. smh @ you reducing black culture to thuggery and criminal activity.

Please...postin on this site lets you live out a fantasy...Ol Shutter Island ass...

Fake ass C. Thomas Howell...

interracial_movies_11.jpg
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    But if you can't remember you can't remember. And it's not like the party was at his house...it was at a club...just had his name attached to it. I'd say only being about 20 mins off isn't a bad guess as to when you left either.

I guess we have different understandings of how police investigations work. With this record of lying and criminal activities he will be a prominent figure in ANYTHING illegal if his name is attached to it. Remember when he got caught with the dog/money ring? He said he wasnt involved and he had no knowledge of what was going on because he didnt stay at that house. I'm just saying it doesnt look good for him.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Please...postin on this site lets you live out a fantasy...Ol Shutter Island ass...

Fake ass C. Thomas Howell...

interracial_movies_11.jpg

at least i don't have to get on the internet to seek out advice on how to approach a chick, let alone a chick that is right there in front of me. Damn son, you too scared to make a move so you told yourself instead of manning up you had better make a thread about it first.

zu5is2.jpg
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    at least i don't have to get on the internet to seek out advice on how to approach a chick, let alone a chick that is right there in front of me. Damn son, you too scared to make a move so you told yourself instead of manning up you had better make a thread about it first.

zu5is2.jpg

lol @ your Rep power, whatever the ? that is
  • hood president
    hood president Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

thats what im saying.

What matt is saying about mike using better jufgement is correct.

HOWEVER my issue along with what Bow To Royalty is saying that everybody is assuming mike vick set up this shooting because he left 3 minutes BEFORE the shooting rather than 20 minutes. They are ASSUMING vick set up the shooting. I turned to espn for a quick second and the guy who was sitting in for Mike and Mike called mike vick the godfather. Basically saying vick set it up. How about he left cause he didnt want tensions to get high? How is he a suspect WHEN HE WASN'T ? THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED!!!!! Like Vicks lawyer said, it doesnt matter when he left HE WASN'T ? THERE!!!!! GONE IS GONE! His brohther marcus may get in trouble but thats about it. I know he has a history of lying to the police and that aint good but in that dog fighting case he lied about being involved period. in this case he was off on his time. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The only thing vick will possibyl get in trouble for is him violating his probation. Even thats iffy.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

zu5is2.jpg

??? Man that brings back good memories...I got some good feedback up there? bodybuilding.com right? ...i didnt knock on her door, she ended up being the aggressor and eventually, i won and we had relations hahahaha THICK...damn she moved out 3 mnths later...I need to hit her back up...Thanks Matty *gives the lil guy a noogie*

But i digress...I live in a big city, i have fun ...Your city still has a milkman...attempts at exposure will not work.
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited July 2010
    Options
    once he started playing again my hate wore off. And I actually would defend him when people would still rehash his past. But this story here reminds me why i hated him in the first place. And i don't give a ? about dogs. I think he is one of the worst humans on the planet

shouldn't hate on someone you don't know anyway.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damon03 wrote: »
    shouldn't hate on someone you don't know anyway.

nocathlico @ you loving dudes who touch boys
  • hood president
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2010/07/vick-says-he-had-nothing-to-do-with-incident.html

Vick says he had 'nothing to do' with incident

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick said he had "nothing to do" with a shooting that occurred early Friday at a birthday party for Vick in Virginia Beach.

Vick said he did not witness the incident

"After I left the event, I learned that a man was shot outside the restaurant," Vick said in a written statement, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"I want to assure everyone that I had nothing to do with that incident. I left the restaurant prior to it occurring and did not witness what happened."

Vick said in the statement that he has cooperated with the investigation of the shooting.

"Following the incident, I reported it to the Philadelphia Eagles and to representatives of Commissioner Roger Goodell of the NFL," Vick said, according to the Inquirer. "In addition, I cooperated with and answered any and all questions from Law Enforcement officials investigating this matter. My statements, from the beginning, explained that I was not there at the time of the shooting and had no knowledge of the events surrounding it. I have been completely truthful and fully cooperative from the very beginning and will continue to cooperate with Law Enforcement and the NFL as this investigation continues."
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol.

"Micheal Vick denies any involvment in a dogfighting operation" -court of law
  • hood president
    edited July 2010
    Options
    he will be fine. im done with this until some real news about this story pops off but i think it will die down.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Who the hell cares if his timeline was off. I f he left before it happened, how the hell could he accurately say when it happened. 20 minutes laters is probably when he got the news or maybe somebody told him it happened 20 minutes after he left.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I guess we have different understandings of how police investigations work. With this record of lying and criminal activities he will be a prominent figure in ANYTHING illegal if his name is attached to it. Remember when he got caught with the dog/money ring? He said he wasnt involved and he had no knowledge of what was going on because he didnt stay at that house. I'm just saying it doesnt look good for him.

He's only that guy to the media though. The police already said he's of no interest. They said that since day 1. All the people blamin Vick are basing it on him being involved in the shooting when there is no evidence (not even circumstantial) saying he's involved. So no one said he's involved, the police said he's NOT involved, but STILL people think they have reason to believe he's involved...it's just bein a hater.
  • Darius
    edited July 2010
    Options
    in the event that he wasn't technically 'involved' he sill may have violated his probation, which is why the FEDS are looking into it and why the NFL is looking into it.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2010
    Options
    in the event that he wasn't technically 'involved' he sill may have violated his probation, which is why the FEDS are looking into it and why the NFL is looking into it.

But being at the same social event as someone, and associating with them enuff to be violating parole aren't the same thing
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He's only that guy to the media though. The police already said he's of no interest. They said that since day 1. All the people blamin Vick are basing it on him being involved in the shooting when there is no evidence (not even circumstantial) saying he's involved. So no one said he's involved, the police said he's NOT involved, but STILL people think they have reason to believe he's involved...it's just bein a hater.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nightclub-vick

RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterback Michael Vick(notes) says he was not involved with a shooting following his birthday celebration in Virginia Beach last week.

“I want to assure everyone that I had nothing to do with that incident,” he said in the statement provided to The Associated Press by his representatives Thursday night. “I left the restaurant prior to it occurring and did not witness what happened.”

Vick said he reported the incident to the Eagles and “to representatives of Commissioner Roger Goodell.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The former Atlanta Falcons star also said he has been “completely truthful and fully cooperative” with law enforcement and the NFL, and will continue to cooperate as the investigation continues.

The Eagles and NFL have said they are looking into the matter. Goodell told Vick when reinstating him last season that his margin for error was “extremely limited.”

Police said earlier Thursday that they have not ruled out Vick as a suspect or person of interest in their investigation. Police spokesman Adam Bernstein said they will not discuss specifics of the investigation and that no one has been named as a suspect or arrested.

Vick met with police on Monday, accompanied by Woodward.

Bernstein declined to characterize Vick’s status in the investigation.

“I don’t want to say either way as to what his involvement is,” Bernstein told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. “Everyone wants me to give him a label because of who he is.”

Police have not identified the shooting victim, but Vick’s attorney, Larry Woodward, said it was Quanis Phillips.

In his statement, Vick did not name Phillips, a co-defendant in the dogfighting case that landed Vick in federal prison.

Vick, who filed for bankruptcy in 2008, is entering his second season with the Eagles and due to earn $5.2 million.

The NFL star’s statement comes almost a week after the shooting early last Friday.

Woodward told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Vick left the establishment at least 10 minutes, and perhaps as many as 20 minutes, before the shooting took place.

But Allen Fabijan, spokesman for Guadalajara Mexican restaurant and nightclub, said Wednesday that he had video that contradicted Woodward’s timeline.

The time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m.—about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away.

The waiting car with Vick inside pulled away at about 2:07 a.m. heading in the direction of the eventual shooting. Numerous people were visible lingering in front of the club for several minutes until, at 2:10:55, they appear to be startled, with some ducking for cover.

Bernstein, who said authorities have a copy of the video, said the first 911 call about the shooting was received at 2:11.

Fabijan said police have asked him not to release the video, but he allowed the AP to view the grainy footage.

Vick’s face is not discernible; a man wearing white that Fabijan said is Vick appears moving toward a parked car at 2:04 a.m. A crowd quickly gathered, and Fabijan said Vick accommodated fans trying to get an autograph, to pose for a photo or to shake hands—so much so that a club security guard eventually moved in in an effort to disperse the crowd.

Jus' sayin there are no definitive answers as to what or why that ? went down... He isnt absolved of this yet...and Gooddell is probably foaming rabidly waiting to hear Vick was in the LEAST bit involved.
  • bow to royalty
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nightclub-vick

RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterback Michael Vick(notes) says he was not involved with a shooting following his birthday celebration in Virginia Beach last week.

“I want to assure everyone that I had nothing to do with that incident,” he said in the statement provided to The Associated Press by his representatives Thursday night. “I left the restaurant prior to it occurring and did not witness what happened.”

Vick said he reported the incident to the Eagles and “to representatives of Commissioner Roger Goodell.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The former Atlanta Falcons star also said he has been “completely truthful and fully cooperative” with law enforcement and the NFL, and will continue to cooperate as the investigation continues.

The Eagles and NFL have said they are looking into the matter. Goodell told Vick when reinstating him last season that his margin for error was “extremely limited.”

Police said earlier Thursday that they have not ruled out Vick as a suspect or person of interest in their investigation. Police spokesman Adam Bernstein said they will not discuss specifics of the investigation and that no one has been named as a suspect or arrested.

Vick met with police on Monday, accompanied by Woodward.

Bernstein declined to characterize Vick’s status in the investigation.

“I don’t want to say either way as to what his involvement is,” Bernstein told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. “Everyone wants me to give him a label because of who he is.”

Police have not identified the shooting victim, but Vick’s attorney, Larry Woodward, said it was Quanis Phillips.

In his statement, Vick did not name Phillips, a co-defendant in the dogfighting case that landed Vick in federal prison.

Vick, who filed for bankruptcy in 2008, is entering his second season with the Eagles and due to earn $5.2 million.

The NFL star’s statement comes almost a week after the shooting early last Friday.

Woodward told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Vick left the establishment at least 10 minutes, and perhaps as many as 20 minutes, before the shooting took place.

But Allen Fabijan, spokesman for Guadalajara Mexican restaurant and nightclub, said Wednesday that he had video that contradicted Woodward’s timeline.

The time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m.—about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away.

The waiting car with Vick inside pulled away at about 2:07 a.m. heading in the direction of the eventual shooting. Numerous people were visible lingering in front of the club for several minutes until, at 2:10:55, they appear to be startled, with some ducking for cover.

Bernstein, who said authorities have a copy of the video, said the first 911 call about the shooting was received at 2:11.

Fabijan said police have asked him not to release the video, but he allowed the AP to view the grainy footage.

Vick’s face is not discernible; a man wearing white that Fabijan said is Vick appears moving toward a parked car at 2:04 a.m. A crowd quickly gathered, and Fabijan said Vick accommodated fans trying to get an autograph, to pose for a photo or to shake hands—so much so that a club security guard eventually moved in in an effort to disperse the crowd.

Jus' sayin there are no definitive answers as to what or why that ? went down... He isnt absolved of this yet...and Gooddell is probably foaming rabidly waiting to hear Vick was in the LEAST bit involved.

Touche. But I still doubt he'll be linked to this.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Touche. But I still doubt he'll be linked to this.

Lets hope not. I'd hate to see him turn into Maurice Clarett...
  • Imaginary Playaz
    Imaginary Playaz Members Posts: 199
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Marcus Vick is an idiot...
    via www.gcobb.com

Marcus Vick Says Quanis Phillips Was At Party Most Of The Night

Just as Marcus Vick was on the radio in Virginia yesterday clearing himself of any involvement in the shooting he was endangering his brother in another way.

Marcus said he saw Quanis Phillips, his brother’s co-defendant in the dog-fighting trial, arrive at the birthday party early in the evening.

“I did see Phillips come through the door, but he didn’t really catch my attention,” Marcus said. “I don’t know where he went once he got into the club”.

We had heard previously that Marcus was agitated when he saw Phillips arrive at the party because he knew his brother was supposed to have no association with him. Marcus was on the radio yesterday basically saying that Phillips and his brother were both at the party all night.

“A couple of the people I was talking to said he (Phillips) was intoxicated and high and ? . So when people are in those kind of conditions, you never know what they are going to say to other folks in the area to cause a shooting,” Marcus said.

I don’t know if Marcus thought about what he was saying before he said it, but he’s created another problem for his brother while clearing himself of any involvement in the shooting.

Now one must ask the question of whether Michael knew his co-defendant was at the party. Did he talk to him? Is there any video of Michael and Phillips talking during the evening.?

Now that this issue has come to the surface, hopefully Michael will release another statement saying that he didn’t associate with Phillips at the party and didn’t know he was at there all evening.

He should also thank his brother for coming up with this idea to have this party, then not telling him that Phillips was at the party.

So basically Marcus is going to the media implying Mike and his co-defendent were at the party together for awhile
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Marcus Vick is an idiot...
    via www.gcobb.com

Marcus Vick Says Quanis Phillips Was At Party Most Of The Night

Just as Marcus Vick was on the radio in Virginia yesterday clearing himself of any involvement in the shooting he was endangering his brother in another way.

Marcus said he saw Quanis Phillips, his brother’s co-defendant in the dog-fighting trial, arrive at the birthday party early in the evening.

“I did see Phillips come through the door, but he didn’t really catch my attention,” Marcus said. “I don’t know where he went once he got into the club”.

We had heard previously that Marcus was agitated when he saw Phillips arrive at the party because he knew his brother was supposed to have no association with him. Marcus was on the radio yesterday basically saying that Phillips and his brother were both at the party all night.

“A couple of the people I was talking to said he (Phillips) was intoxicated and high and ? . So when people are in those kind of conditions, you never know what they are going to say to other folks in the area to cause a shooting,” Marcus said.

I don’t know if Marcus thought about what he was saying before he said it, but he’s created another problem for his brother while clearing himself of any involvement in the shooting.

Now one must ask the question of whether Michael knew his co-defendant was at the party. Did he talk to him? Is there any video of Michael and Phillips talking during the evening.?

Now that this issue has come to the surface, hopefully Michael will release another statement saying that he didn’t associate with Phillips at the party and didn’t know he was at there all evening.

He should also thank his brother for coming up with this idea to have this party, then not telling him that Phillips was at the party.

So basically Marcus is going to the media implying Mike and his co-defendent were at the party together for awhile

first his cousin jammed him up and now his brother .... SMH these ? making virginia look ignorant ....