Mcnabb says RGIII is not a good fit with Shanahan

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Mcnabb was on ESPN and said RGIII is not a good fit with Shanahan. He was basically saying the scheme won't fit RGIII's skillset.

I actually agree with him about Shanahan.

Man, i don't want to see RGIII with the Skins....well mainly Shanahan.

<video>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPF0rEuJdPA&lt;/video&gt;

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shanahan is gonna bench his ass just watch
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree with mcnabb. shannahan aint been ? since he had elway and terrel davis
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shannahan has always tailored his offense to mobile QBs....thats why he was so ecstatic when McNabb was first signed.....
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    McNabb has sour grapes and is blaming his failures as a Skin on Shanahan..but Shanny wasn't the reason he was ass in Minny nor the reason Philly thought he was finished nor the reason the Bears didn't even attempt to give him a look while Caleb Hanie ? their season away.

Facts are Shanahan gets the best out of most his QB's: Elway,Cutler,Griese, Plummer

McNabb, Grossman, and Beck were the only failures. One is a TO machine, one is just not good and the other doesn't realize that HE fell off.
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK why but I jus burst out laffin when I read the thred title

maybe its cause i was imagining McNabb saying that ? all disgruntled. Like when something dont work out for someone so they try to speak bad fortune into existence for the next person up

im sure McNabb means no ill will but thats jus how I read it.

the other way be "im tellin you. the man is a bigot. it's not gonna work"
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Shannahan and Nick Saban were slave owners in their past life
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO at this ? BDB saying Shannahan got the best out of John Elway.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    That Shanahan benching ? argument is a moot point also. Because both of the players he benched ironically can't find a job at the current moment. This is why he was benched in 2010

McNabb- 58.3Comp.% 259.7yds/game 7.2peratt 14TD15Ints 13 starts
    Grossman- 55.6comp.% 294.6yds/game 6.6peratt 7TD 4Ints 3 starts

• BDBIID
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LMAO at this ? BDB saying Shannahan got the best out of John Elway.

Shanahan was the offensive coordinator in Denver during Elway's early years bruh.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Elway go to 3 superbowls without him

Shanahan is from the 49er family he was under Walsh
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Elway got embarrassed in 3 superbowls without him

fixed for accuracy
  • BDBIID
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Elway go to 1 superbowl without him

Wrong.... *fixed*

Shanahan was in SF during 92-94. 84-85,85-86,87-88 he was the O-coordinator in Denver. He was O coordinator during 2 of Elway's SB appearances and was HC during his 2 victories.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Damn they did. Especially against San Fran
  • d.green
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LOL @ skip bayless asking if Mcnabb has an axe to grind.

Bayless even says he's concerned about Shanahan though.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McNabb sounded so bitter ? was hilarious to watch live lol
  • d.green
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LOL @ mcnabb's expression when Bayless says Terrell Davis made Shanahan starting at the 8:02 mark
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Also the point about Jay Cutler.....Lets not act like the offense was the problem in Denver....it was the defense....the offense did their job
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Micheal smith is kinda boring.

Mcnabb didnt seem bitter but i think dissappointed that no one picked him up after washington.

Now Kordell Stewart was damn near in intervention mode when the tebow topic comes up.

although i understand where kordell comes from.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like McNabb he always seem to take the high road but this does sound like feelings caught getting benched for Rex Grossman can make a man rethink his career
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options
    And benched for Christian Ponder. Now out of the NFL.

Donovan has no one to blame but himself. Maybe he should throw the ball at his teammate's chest and not at his feet.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. This means so much because McNabb is completely objective when discussing the redskins and shanahan.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of it is hurt feelings. Some of it is pure ether.

McNuggets fell off, but Shanahan WRECKED that dude's mindframe in DC.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McNabb had played for years. In Philly!! Dude didnt care what people thought. Look at his wife!! And He thought he was still something and shannahan put him in his place. And McNabb acted like a ? . He was hungry towards the wrong things.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i Understand what McNabb was trying to say about that list of QB's , but what he failed to mention was none of those QB's were Highly invested in like RG3 will be the only one on that list was Cutler cuz he was the 11th Overall pick , Rex Grossman was a 1st Round pick but not by the Redskins , by time he was with Washington everyone knew he wasnt a Franchise type QB so they didnt put too much stock into him

no way will a organization draft a QB #2 overall and if he struggles one year just flat out bench him for the remainder that they have him

Plummer was a 2nd Round Pick , Griese was a 3rd i think and John Beck was a 2nd i believe

thats just not close to being a #2 Overall pick investment ..

So thats where i think McNabb is wrong when he brought up the other QB's , their investment isn't even the same ..when you're that high of a pick the team is gonna try everything to justify that pick and attempt to make you successful

hell thats the Only Reason Alex Smith was with the 49ers for so long , if he was a 3rd Rounder he would have been long gone , but being the #1 overall pick they have to try and justify on why they took u , especially in a draft that had Aaron Rodgers in it ..

Now what i will agree with is the Ego comment McNabb made , if u look at that List he did put up every QB on that List has had some type of Run in with Shanahan or talked out the side of their neck about him, so either Shanahan is VERY hard to talk to and ? people off or he just had a very average to below average batch of QB's who thought they were better than what they were

but everyone on that List including Mcnabb has had a issue eventually with Shanahan