Bar for bar rapping wise Drake or Kanye?

Options

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old Kanye(College dropout-Late registration) was better than Drake but New Kanye isn't really better than him anymore. Hes a better artist though
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The question is bar for bar who is better, not who is the better artist. No way in hell is Kanye a better lyricist than Drake
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy has said more important and relevant things than Drake but technically Drake is better.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lOjsprIMDUA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e88CdzKSa3Q

I got them both in my top 10, but Ill give da edge to Drake. Alot of yall voting for Ye is da same mfs saying Ye is an avg to below avg rapper which is ? crazy to say.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like kanye waaaaaaaay more then drake

but foh

lyrically and flow wise drake >>>> kanye

? ain't even close .

Ye is on Ross level when it comes to lyrics ,a few notches below drizzy
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye as a MC is 10 times more diverse than drake. Drake can only tell stories of being trying to be successful or songs about missing a girl or kissing up to a girl that probally got him in the friend zone.

Kanye can lyrically go oin on ? from a girl in college (all falls down) to the diamond crisis in africa (diamonds remix), to being loyal to surviving a crash (through the wire). And that is just taking his first 2 albums where drake is right now. Ye has quotables in songs for days while drake depends on lame hooks for days with limited quoteables that sound like recylced lil wayne lines.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Kanye as a MC is 10 times more diverse than drake. Drake can only tell stories of being trying to be successful or songs about missing a girl or kissing up to a girl that probally got him in the friend zone.

Kanye can lyrically go oin on ? from a girl in college (all falls down) to the diamond crisis in africa (diamonds remix), to being loyal to surviving a crash (through the wire). And that is just taking his first 2 albums where drake is right now. Ye has quotables in songs for days while drake depends on lame hooks for days with limited quoteables that sound like recylced lil wayne lines.

but Drake still raps better than Kanye you talking about artistic range the point of this is thread is who is bar for bar better. Also you acting like Kanye doesn't recycle lines
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

but Drake still raps better than Kanye you talking about artistic quality the point of this is thread is who is bar for bar better. Also you acting like Kanye doesn't recycle lines

If you take a random sample from yes first 2 albums and Drakes 2 albums kanye has more bars that hit harder. Also comparing bar for bar allot of drakes lines all sound the same which makes his lines hit light busch light where its watered down and easy to drink. But ye bar for bar comes outta nowhere with ? and has more diverse subject matter which yes is artistic but make the bar hit harder on some strong whistkey ? .

And drake steals and recycles lines as well
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but Drake still raps better than Kanye you talking about artistic quality the point of this is thread is who is bar for bar better. Also you acting like Kanye doesn't recycle lines

If you take a random sample from yes first 2 albums and Drakes 2 albums kanye has more bars that hit harder. Also comparing bar for bar allot of drakes lines all sound the same which makes his lines hit light busch light where its watered down and easy to drink. But ye bar for bar comes outta nowhere with ? and has more diverse subject matter which yes is artistic but make the bar hit harder on some strong whistkey ? .

but kanye don't be writing his ? tho somebody else writes his ? I wouldn't be surprised if some of them corny punchlines was big sean . but face it you can't be objective. I don't like Drake at all but I know he rap better than Kanye.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

but kanye don't be writing his ? tho somebody else writes his ? I wouldn't be surprised if some of them corny punchlines was big sean . but face it you can't be objective. I don't like Drake at all but I know he rap better than Kanye.

you could say the same thing about drake. ? sounds like a wayne clone and he has his fair share of corny lines too. Yes youre right ye comes with wack lines at times but drake stays out lameing kanye as far as punchlines. And thats when he decides to even rap at all cause hes obsessed with using computer effects to make people think he can actually sing.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can't believe ? is in here lying like this!
    ? !
    ok, we get it, drake's a simpin ass simp who can't sing but tries his damnedest to do so
    i understand
    but kanye is a better rapper than him?!
    a better lyricist?!
    seriously?
    he don't even write all the ? he say!
    and some of it still be subpar as ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i can't believe ? is in here lying like this!
    ? !
    ok, we get it, drake's a simpin ass simp who can't sing but tries his damnedest to do so
    i understand
    but kanye is a better rapper than him?!
    a better lyricist?!
    seriously?
    he don't even write all the ? he say!
    and some of it still be subpar as ?

Some powerful ? .... Nice AV.

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye uses ghostwriters? Never heard that, any proof? Not debating I just honestly never heard about that.....
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no diss to drake but i never heard a song of his lyrically as good as gorgeous, and thats not even kanye's best song
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye.
    easily. drake's a singer not a rapper.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    no diss to drake but i never heard a song of his lyrically as good as gorgeous, and thats not even kanye's best song

You just started listening to Drake this week or something?

I guarentee there ain't a Kanye verse as good as What I'm Thinking Right now.

I for one co-sign the notion that Kanye > Drake as an artist.

But you ? are either biased as ? or just out of your minds to say Kanye better lyrically. Drake's flows alone stomp mudholes in Kanye's and walks them dry. Kanye has Drake on punchlines cause he's witty but even then, there isn't a huge advantage. And let's be real. Kanye in the past 2 years and some change has had some LAZY as ? verses. A lot of him and Jay's verses on WTT were Dom Kennedy lazy.

Besides, in another thread a ? said I can't have Kanye as my favorite MC due to the fact that he had ghostwriters in Rhymefest and Consequence. Well allow me to invoke that clause again. Unless we're envoking we're invoking the age old IC golden rule "We're not allowed to use common sense, logic and objectivity when discussing Drake. Blind hate only."
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    kanye ain't really nothin to be honest. just good at making beats and has a flow thats not terrible to point of not being able to listen, but not good either.

but i guess he is a better "artist"(which i think a lot people on here think picking good beats automatically makes you a good artist).
  • Already Home_17
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I guarentee there ain't a Kanye verse as good as What I'm Thinking Right now.

just listened to it
    i rest my case
  • Meet The Sniper
    Options
    Keep telling yourself that then my ? .

As long as you lying and parading that Kanye track around, you might as well try and find out if he even wrote that ? . emot-smug.gif
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spitting wise, kanyes writers are better than drake, but drake is better than kanye.
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Keep telling yourself that then my ? .

As long as you lying and parading that Kanye track around, you might as well try and find out if he even wrote that ? . emot-smug.gif

n/h at you smirking at another ?

all jokes aside, that verse wasnt anything special.but i cant give you better verses since, according to you, i dont listen to drake . oh wait....

BF3hc2SU_original.jpg
  • Meet The Sniper
    Options
    oh cool.

An itunes
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at people acting like drake is some lyrical ?