raptors luking into bosh trade for byum and odom............

Options

Comments

• john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hahaha I thought the ? meant "lucking" and forgot the C. But if he meant "looking"....DAMN!

whats yur point...? ..i meant "luking" (looking)...u think i didnt notice?.....homie

dats how i spell on da internet..
    now fall back
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah, ? this Ru Paul ass ? for real. chrisBosh.jpg

No on all fronts my ? . Just no.

chris with his FA look...he finally cut dat hair..hopefully he wont become like iverson ...and regrow it..

ept_sports_nba_experts-341809373-1277392915.jpg?ymTwQWDDO0JCXPNJ
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hahaha I thought the ? meant "lucking" and forgot the C. But if he meant "looking"....DAMN!

did y'all eevn notice how i spelt "bynum" in my title......LOL
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited June 2010
    Options
    as a raptor fan, lets get this deal on the road.

bosh is leaving so might as well get a young center and build the team around him.( i still remember the vc for arron and eric williams trade smh )

bynum for MVP f he joins the raps.....
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I think he stays. Even at his age he has too much championship experience, knowledge of the triangle, and the chemistry w/ and trust of Phil & Kobe to be let go. From what I've seen so far the FA pool is a little shallow as far as PG's go. I think NBA.com has Felton as the best PG available but his offense is meh (especially his shooting) so maybe they can find somebody that can fit their needs. Either hope to find a diamond in the rough or bring Shannon Brown back and both the team & he SERIOUSLY work on converting him into a legit PG w/ a consistent jump shot this offseason
    EDIT: Just to throw some other PG names out there.

Steve Blake

Luke Ridnour

Will Bynum

Jannero Pargo

Acie Law

Not really impressed by too many of these names. Just some I found on NBA.com. Oh yeah they prolly wont bring Adam Morrison back so we need somebody to hold the bench down, and guess who's an unrestricted FA...Ollie Da ? !!!
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    desi wrote: »
    as a raptor fan, lets get this deal on the road.

bosh is leaving so might as well get a young center and build the team around him.( i still remember the vc for arron and eric williams trade smh )

bynum for MVP f he joins the raps.....

i know...why would they let him leave for nothing...toronto dat is struggling to fill seats..its gonna be a while b4 they get another quality player liek bosh...or bynum..if i were GM..i will make da deal..
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    All LA has to do this season is not do anything stupid. Getting rid of Bynum & Odom for one guy that aint gonna get you another championship is doing something stupid.

We are still the best in the West no matter what. No trade. Especially for the best 6th man on the team and a starter who is damn good when his knee isnt trying to peek our from under his skin to say hi to people.

my thoughts exactly. maybe just for bynum but not for both
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    Hustlers Ambition$ Members Posts: 245
    edited June 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I think he stays. Even at his age he has too much championship experience, knowledge of the triangle, and the chemistry w/ and trust of Phil & Kobe to be let go. From what I've seen so far the FA pool is a little shallow as far as PG's go. I think NBA.com has Felton as the best PG available but his offense is meh (especially his shooting) so maybe they can find somebody that can fit their needs. Either hope to find a diamond in the rough or bring Shannon Brown back and both the team & he SERIOUSLY work on converting him into a legit PG w/ a consistent jump shot this offseason

True but contract negotiations are going to be tough. The Lakers want him to take a paycut and reports say that Fisher believes he is worth every penny of the 5 mil he made last year and doesn't want a lower salary.
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited June 2010
    Options
    john2009 wrote: »
    i know...why would they let him leave for nothing...toronto dat is struggling to fill seats..its gonna be a while b4 they get another quality player liek bosh...or bynum..if i were GM..i will make da deal..

struggling to fill seats?

toronto in one of those markets that no matter what happens theres not going be too many empty seats.

look at the maple leafs, worst team in nhl but seats still get filled.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    True but contract negotiations are going to be tough. The Lakers want him to take a paycut and reports say that Fisher believes he is worth every penny of the 5 mil he made last year and doesn't want a lower salary.

word? ? is wrong w/ Buss & them ? ...why the ? are they being so cheap? u just won back to back titles and are poised for 3-peat if u keep the core of this team together. the money u pay in the luxury tax will prolly be chump change compared to what u get back in licensing & merchandise when u winning titles. Just ask George Steinbrenner. thats why he dont mind spending money. when u win u going to make money...especially a franchise like the Lakers.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Naw LA dont need to make that trade for that brontosaurus. he need to keep his ass in Toronto where he feel comfortable of being an dinosaur
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn Byum and Odom??? Wtf....Hell No.....i Know Odom is a No Show half the time but damn you Got 3 Total 7 Footers who play a lot.....? no ...they Wouldnt have another 7footer who can come off the bench and produce, how many teams have that?

EDIT : *Looks to see who Made thread .......Laughs and Leaves*

Nevermind ? . ....Hahaha ? said "One of my Close sources" ? who is you?!...Lol.....

ROFL at "Luking" ...SMH

i Swear John2009 is Nas.....Nas is that You?
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn Byum and Odom??? Wtf....Hell No.....i Know Odom is a No Show half the time but damn you Got 3 Total 7 Footers who play a lot.....? no ...they Wouldnt have another 7footer who can come off the bench and produce, how many teams have that?

EDIT : *Looks to see who Made thread .......Laughs and Leaves*

Nevermind ? . ....Hahaha ? said "One of my Close sources" ? who is you?!...Lol.....

ROFL at "Luking" ...SMH

i Swear John2009 is Nas.....Nas is that You?

roflmao I literally did the same ?

I was like who the ? made this ? !? oh john...that ? stupid
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What? Ha there'd be an L in there somewhere
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If the Lakers only have to trade either Bynum or Odom, this is a trade that has to be done. Bosh and Gasol are probably the two best PFs in the league... you can't not give up a bench player for the best PF in the league. Touches on the offensive end would take a hit with Bosh and Gasol on the offensive end but it's too good of an opportunity to pass up. With that said, I don't think Bosh is going to the Lakers. I'm thinking Chicago still.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? tradin for bigs we need to sign felton, we're in desperate need of a defensive pg
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? tradin for bigs we need to sign felton, we're in desperate need of a defensive pg

did you see what jameer nelson did to him in the playoffs? felton would be a nice pickup tho
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    did you see what jameer nelson did to him in the playoffs? felton would be a nice pickup tho

Nah but I seen jameer ? the lakers before so it still couldn't hurt. I figure farmar out, so we still got fish, we sign felton and they can split the minutes or whatever depending on the matchups. Shannon might leave too so we need a pg like that. Are there any other pgs who play D available?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Raymond Felton, No, he can stay where he is.......never beem a fan of homie.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah but I seen jameer ? the lakers before so it still couldn't hurt. I figure farmar out, so we still got fish, we sign felton and they can split the minutes or whatever depending on the matchups. Shannon might leave too so we need a pg like that. Are there any other pgs who play D available?

not really, unless you want to roll the dice with rafer alston. felton would be solid off the bench though as long as you dont overpay him
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    not really, unless you want to roll the dice with rafer alston. felton would be solid off the bench though as long as you dont overpay him

...................... C'mon son

Triangle offense u have to be able to shoot, that ? is a horrid jump shooter..

And Felton Would start but im just not a fan of him, all 3 pg's for the lakers are free agents...
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Na ? alston he seem like he bad for a team, unless he want minimum pay.

I hope the lakers take my advice and get felton because if farmar and shannon leave, idk who else would be worth it to fill that void at the pg position. Give his ass 5 or 6 mill a year and he'll be fine.

Oh and @this thread, I don't like the idea of having 2 pf's at the frontline, especially soft ass bosh, id rather keep the team we have and concentrate on a pg. Last I checked we had no problems with big men nh. Healthy bynum>>>bosh. Let's jus pray he gets healthy
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I Like Luke Ridnour as a Player, dude Didnt even Start and he averaged 10ppg and 4 ast , Him as a Starter on a Championship team would increase , i dont see how he couldnt do 13ppg 5-6 assist For LA which is Plenty for a PG on LA team with those players on the team

I just like him as a Solid PG , he's nothing special but he seems like he would be great for that system...
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Watson would like to play for Lakers

Add Earl Watson to the list of the point guards the Lakers are taking a strong look at, a league source said.

Watson lives in the Los Angeles area with his actress wife, and his first preference would be to sign with the Lakers, the source said. The Lakers are high on Steve Blake, but would prefer to not spend their entire midlevel exception, possibly making Watson an affordable option

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhOJ.yLbmzYjDE7EAl6PQaO8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz063010
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is the only way toronto can get anything out of him. Bosh with jack for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, but odom doesnt want to leave lakers so i dont think this will happen. Im a raptors fan and if this happend i would be happy