Lupe Fiasco Confirms Label Support Food and Liquor Part 2, Double Disc Unknown, Potential Release

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in AllHipHop Daily News
Taken from HipHopDX.com:
HipHopDX wrote:
Lupe Fiasco previews the LP for his label Atlantic Records.

Lupe Fiasco has revealed that he has completed recording his new album Food & Liquor 2: Great American Rap Album Pt. 1 and is previewing the project for his label Atlantic Records in New York City, New York.

Announcing the news on Twitter, Lu revealed that the LP is "in NYC" and that he's having the "1st Label Listening Session" for the follow up to Lasers.

For the release of Lasers, the Chicago, Illinois rapper's LP was delayed on account of the imprint. With Food & Liquor 2, Lu said that the only thing that could keep it from releasing would be whether or not it's a double-disc project.

"Food & Liquor 2 is done. Release date? I dunno. Let's just say...July," he said during a recent performance. "The only thing that's holding Food & Liquor 2 up...is whether or not it's gonna be a double CD or not."
ScreenShot2012-04-09at180052.png

It'll be interesting to hear how his label responds this time, he has to do better than Lasers with this one… hopefully he'll bring it as we know he can and re-announce himself as a forerunner for one of the best in Hip Hop.

*EDIT* Lupe confirms F&L 2 is a go, props to @Neves27:
ScreenShot2012-04-09at233644.png

Do you think Lupe could hold it down for a whole double-disc LP?

How do you think it will compare against Food & Liquor?

Comments

• Neves 27
    Neves 27 Members Posts: 70
    edited April 2012
    Options
    "SO YEAH...FOR THE RECORD, LUPE FIASCOS FOOD AND LIQUOR 2...IS THE BEST AND REALEST AND MOST IMPORTANT POTENT NEEDED AT THIS TIME MUSIK I EVER HEARD! IM PROUD TO SAY THAT HE IS THE BEST! CANT WIT FOR THE WORLD...WELL...? THE WORLD REALLY...FOR YALL TO HEAR IT. ? ...FOR MY GRANDMA TO HEAR IT. ITS TRULY GLORIOUS! OK...LEMME HOP OFF HIS ? RIGHT ABOUT..................NOW."

Other comments when asked how it compares to F&L and The Cool

WHEN I SAY THEE BEST...AND HES THE BEST...I MEAN IT WITH NO EGO OR BIAS G. ITS LIKE A COMBINATION OF THEM ALL...WITH MORE SOUL ADDED ON. HE HAS CRACKED THE CODE.

vxMc8.jpg
    fg3Rc.jpg

Monday April 9th 2012
    Lupe Fiasco ‏ @LupeFiasco

Food&Liquor2:GreatAmericanRapAlbumPt.1 is in NYC...1st Label Listening Session....
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is Bishop G? and lmao @ it being a double album but both discs being released separately and months apart. thats not a double album, thats 2 albums that is just a continuation of the other.

still looking forward to F&L2 though
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^^Bishop G is on FNF and he was on some of Lupe's mixtapes & the Cool. Where the ? you been?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe is one of my favorite so I hope he can make up for the garbage that was Lasers, question if he goes gold on a double album does the RIAA count that as plat? Cuz I know SpeakerboxxxLove Below sold 5.5 physical copies but is certified 11 plat
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He better ditch all that electronic techno nonsense if he's previewing it for his label if not I'm writing the ? off
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hopefully It's the best combination of Food & Liquor and The Cool at the very least... I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt ? this up somehow. He seems to be the type to cave in in enough that it affects his work like the last time.
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2012
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    He better ditch all that electronic techno nonsense if he's previewing it for his label if not I'm writing the ? off

I think he'll have learnt from last time, surely? He did touch on some great moments with Lasers, but they were few and far between…

Nice sig Dilla :tu
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Hopefully It's the best combination of Food & Liquor and The Cool at the very least... I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt ? this up somehow. He seems to be the type to cave in in enough that it affects his work like the last time.

It'd be great to see a return to F&L completely, IMO. I really felt that disc and if you add the fact that it got damaged with the leak and still turned out solid despite people thinking the advance was better, then hopefully he has room there to improve given his time in the game now…

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly I wasn't mad at the singles off Lasers, but the rest of the album was trash (outside 1 or 2 songs), hopefully he can balance that on FL2
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly I wasn't mad at the singles off Lasers, but the rest of the album was trash (outside 1 or 2 songs), hopefully he can balance that on FL2

c/s. The singles were the best songs on Lasers.

He can't affors to ? up this time. It's called Food and Liquor II, he already has high expectations to deliver. If he messes up this go around, he mite as well say bye to his career.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

c/s. The singles were the best songs on Lasers.

He can't affors to ? up this time. It's called Food and Liquor II, he already has high expectations to deliver. If he messes up this go around, he mite as well say bye to his career.

I think he can ride it out regardless of the success (quality-wise) of F&L 2. If you look at quite a few artists in the past, they've been able to curve a career out of nice singles… he definitely did that on Lasers as we all agree, so if this is anything but sub-par to Lasers then I'm sure he'll have another shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmp6zIr5y4U

This was my favourite track on Lasers, particularly for the uplifting lyrics; but I'm hoping for some concepts on F & L 2 that really drive that album to another level.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im hearing that cher is executive producing this
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, I think Lupe retires after this comes out. His contract will be over I think and he will leave rap, at least for a short period of time.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully the record label left him alone to get on with the album this time around.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dunno the original f&L was magic IMO! he gonna have to really come correct this time.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely looking forward to it...
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Hopefully the record label left him alone to get on with the album this time around.

His protest didn't seem to have any affect on them at all… I can't see what they're going to do with this… but hopefully they listen to the feedback from the fans if they don't listen to the artist himself…
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye good looks
  • Neves 27
    Neves 27 Members Posts: 70
    Options

...Prepare Yourselves....F&L2 is a GO... Shout to @AtlanticRecords
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the first F&L still in heavy rotation cant wait for this one
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Neves 27 wrote: »

...Prepare Yourselves....F&L2 is a GO... Shout to @AtlanticRecords

Props on this, I'll update thread title... exciting times to hear that they're behind the project...

Does that confirm that it's a double album or not??? Strange how he didn't disclose that given his previous comments!!!
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see a Nas collabo
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    memphis10 wrote: »
    I know it won't be better than the food and liquor but I'm hopin he go back to the lupe we all was ? wit and drop a 4 outta 5 album

That would be nice, but I quite like when an artist sticks to the script and has as little features as possible... I don't tire of hearing Lupe at his best unlike other artists...
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    atlantic gonna ? this ? up also. i know they are
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only things to worry about are the beats and hooks. hopefully no techno and no skylar grey
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2012
    Options
    memphis10 wrote: »
    I know it won't be better than the food and liquor but I'm hopin he go back to the lupe we all was ? wit and drop a 4 outta 5 album

I think it would be difficult for him to top F & L but I don't think he's incapable of hitting there or thereabouts again... he still has it in him, IMO. In terms of today's era, I think he's capable of going a half more than that... but I agree, I'd be up for hearing him with a 4/5 album, a return to form is always a start...

He's put pressure on himself with that title though...

Who thinks this'll be a double-disc release???