2Pac,Biggie,Lil Wayne..Who Influenced Hip Hop More?

Options
TheKillerTruth
TheKillerTruth Members Posts: 139
edited April 2012 in The Reason
I know im probably gonna catch ? for this but this is my order

1)2Pac
2)Wayne
3)Biggie

Now im not sayin wayne is better than biggie this is just purely off influence

1)2Pac influenced rap so much theres really no need to talk about it but i will say the reason i think his so universal now is cause he did so young but he influenced rap in a good way.

2)Wayne influenced rap in a good&bad way and is the way rap is now the good way he influenced it is by bringin the whole world into hip hop i mean people that dont even like 2pac or biggie love wayne and thats sayin something plus he made the "bling bling" phase of rap waynes style of rap is whats used today the most...the bad way he influenced it way makin rap more pop so now hip hop is kind of looked at as a joke and is not taken as serious as it was back in 2Pac&Biggies Era

3)Biggie influenced rap in a good way but he never had the fame 2pac had i think one of the reason he got to where he was is cause of the 2Pac vs Biggie Beef he had with the whole westcoast vs eastcoast if 2pac hadnt accused biggie of setttin him up and called out another artist name for settin him up then it would of been 2Pac Vs (insert any other artist name here) and biggie would of just kept makin music biggie could have been replaced and another reason i think his immortalized like 2Pac is also cause he died at a young age if wayne died right now he'd get immortalized to only difference is he already made it world wide where in biggies case he had to die 2get world wide

What Yall Think?

Comments

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Illmatic the bible of Hip Hop
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @Allergens i never saud wayne had more influence than 2Pac i said he had more influence than biggie but i do think people like 2pac,biggie,aaliyah,&left eye got immortalized because they died so young if you know somethings great and about to get bigger but gets taken it before it has the chance then whatever they left behind people are gonna want to have apart of it you cant tell me that after there deaths there record sells didnt sky rock way higher than they ever did when they where alive
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    biggie and op u get a wack for putting wayne in the same category as pac and big
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @BlackJerryMaguire i knew i was gonna catch ? for this but if people look at it from just a music influence point of view wayne influenced the game alot i know folks gone hate him and not look past what he represents but can you really take away the achievements he made just because you dont like him thats just being bias i listen to all 3 artist and i like 2pac way more than wayne but i rather listen to wayne over biggie cause his songs are more interesting
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wayne in the same sentence as big and 2pac with no mention of Rakim?.....this thread proves that this generation of Hip Hop fan is lost
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay

LL Cool J

One more...not sure who...
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guy said Lil Wayne's songs are more interesting than Biggie when outside of Jay-Z Lil Wayne has said so many Biggie rhymes.

It comes to influence there are three names in the discussion.

Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Rakim
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its hard to say who influenced more. Its hard to gauge that
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guy said Lil Wayne's songs are more interesting than Biggie when outside of Jay-Z Lil Wayne has said so many Biggie rhymes.

Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Rakim

how Jay Z on this list when the consensus is that Big Daddy Kan was jay before jay was jay?...
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @Allergens good point i should have put drake up there instead of wayne i apologize for that but wayne did bring drake&nicki into the fold where would they be now if wayne hadnt have signed them but the thing is people are judgin this off of the wayne of right now im lookin at this from wayne as uh whole from when he started with hot boyz&to where he is now the ? done came up big time......also not directed at you but i cant believe somebody spammed me over my honest OPINION i never said this where facts lol damn
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    Options
    LOL...clowns dont ever want anyone compared to their heroes. ? forbid anyone compare Wayne to Pac and BIG...oh no it cant be...I'm not saying Wayne is more or less infleuntial than Pac or BIG (I would add others to this topic). To act like Wayne hasnt had a MAJOR impact on hip hop over the past 5-7 years is ridiculous.

Getwitcha
  • TheKillerTruth
    Options
    @mr.getwitcha thats the samething i was tryin to say but the min you compare someone to the immortal 2pac&biggie who isnt old school like them ? wanna catch a heart attack like theres nobody in this new rap era that couldnt touch those to
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Rakim

how Jay Z on this list when the consensus is that Big Daddy Kan was jay before jay was jay?...

Jay is bigger than Kane ever was on any level and Jay was never in the same regard as a sex symbol rapper who could spit with the best of them like Kane was. Jay has done more with name recognition and business adventures than ANYBODY WHO STARTED OUT AS A RAPPER EVER. Jay-Z is THE legacy in rap. The Kane comparisons have always been laughable at best because Jay raps nothing like Kane. Jay-Z is not to be questioned based off influence, anyone who does I have to question their genuine sincerity in the matter. Jay comes out tomorrow and says jerseys are cool again you will see people wearing them like it is brand new. More people want to follow in Jay's steps than any other rapper EVER. Think about that one.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LLCoolJ
    Big Daddy Kane
    Rakim
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know im probably gonna catch ? for this but this is my order

1)2Pac
    2)Wayne
    3)Biggie

Now im not sayin wayne is better than biggie this is just purely off influence

1)2Pac influenced rap so much theres really no need to talk about it but i will say the reason i think his so universal now is cause he did so young but he influenced rap in a good way.

2)Wayne influenced rap in a good&bad way and is the way rap is now the good way he influenced it is by bringin the whole world into hip hop i mean people that dont even like 2pac or biggie love wayne and thats sayin something plus he made the "bling bling" phase of rap waynes style of rap is whats used today the most...the bad way he influenced it way makin rap more pop so now hip hop is kind of looked at as a joke and is not taken as serious as it was back in 2Pac&Biggies Era

3)Biggie influenced rap in a good way but he never had the fame 2pac had i think one of the reason he got to where he was is cause of the 2Pac vs Biggie Beef he had with the whole westcoast vs eastcoast if 2pac hadnt accused biggie of setttin him up and called out another artist name for settin him up then it would of been 2Pac Vs (insert any other artist name here) and biggie would of just kept makin music biggie could have been replaced and another reason i think his immortalized like 2Pac is also cause he died at a young age if wayne died right now he'd get immortalized to only difference is he already made it world wide where in biggies case he had to die 2get world wide

What Yall Think?

BIG was a star from his debut onward. 2pacs the one that got spotlight from the "beef" Dont let the revisionists fool. 94-95 BIG was the most successful artist out
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post 2005 Lil Wayne gets the nod, but the foundation was obviously laid by his predecessors
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something tells me Lil Wayne was added to give the thread numbers. Either way, itll work. Aside from "bling bling" I don't see Wayne's influence anywhere. A lot of what's going on now (Big Seans hashtag flow, Drakes genrebending), Wayne hopped on before they blew up. I will say this though, Wayne was the first one I remember rapping fully in autotune (the Dey Know remix).
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2Pac.. hands down..

Lil Wayne has sampled 2Pac a whole bunch of times... even Pre 2005 when this ? used to call himself the "Cash Money Makaveli"

2Pac has been sampled just as many times as Biggie.. and has more Tribute songs... than Biggie.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Rakim

How is Tupac on that list when Ice Cube and Chuck D was Pac before Pac was Pac?
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    As far as Big/Pac, Pac's influence wasn't as apparent as Big's until he died. Everyone wanted to be Big in 94-95. Between him and Nas, they changed the level of lyricism, even getting cats like Raekwon to switch up their style. And that's just one facet of Big's influence. Pac was Pac, but no one was out blatantly trying to bite his style. If anything, he was a mix of Chuck D, Scarface and Ice Cube... he didn't do anything super original.
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Rakim

How is Tupac on that list when Ice Cube and Chuck D was Pac before Pac was Pac?

Haha, just typed the same thing
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Kanye imo has had more influence than wayne.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

cosign, he made room for all these "guy next door " rappers like J Cole, Drake, Diggy Simmons, XV,Lupe, KRIT,etc