De La Soul is Coming to Anchorage!

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Essence
Anyone seen them live? gonna buy my tix this weekend. concert is first thursday of May. gonna be dope potatoes. Will try to take pics.

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Direct from Long Island
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have a few times the first time they were on tour with Talib,Common, & Phorahoe i think it was back in 2000 i think. ? was ill. and i think biz markie was the dj for the night between sets. and then the other times were at rock the bells. real dope live doesnt disappoint
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    i have a few times the first time they were on tour with Talib,Common, & Phorahoe i think it was back in 2000 i think. ? was ill. and i think biz markie was the dj for the night between sets. and then the other times were at rock the bells. real dope live doesnt disappoint

Agreed.

I saw them in a warehouse (converted into a club on select nights throughout the year). They came on set about 1:30am and left about 3am. Great show, they did some amazing live pauses were they would freeze for a length of time and then just jump back into their set… amazing though, can't go wrong with that discog.