Think Like a Man-Thoughts?

Options
FroHawke
FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Opened this Friday, saw it yesterday. 8/10

Very entertaining movie, great cast....Michael Ealy and Romany Malco are slept on, both good actors and of course, Meagan Good was stunning as always (I really hope she catches some mainstream roles)

KHart was pretty funny. Story maybe was a tad unrealistic, but it was relatable in a sense, and the women were gorgeous, which helped the movie a lot.

Thoughts from those who saw it?

Comments

• Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Steve Harvey and ? that movie
  • FroHawke
    Options
    ^^^Really? I don't think his 'advice' is all that realistic enough to affect guys in a negative fashion.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I "think" I won't be seeing it
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regardless of what you think of the movie, it debuted at #1 with $33 million without "Madea" in the title and knocked The Hunger Games out of #1 which NO ONE thought would happen. This ? is a win for all of us!

With that being said, I think the cast is great, but i'm not dying to see it or nothing nor is it the end of the world. I'll catch it one day.
  • FroHawke
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Regardless of what you think of the movie, it debuted at #1 with $33 million without "Madea" in the title and knocked The Hunger Games out of #1 which NO ONE thought would happen. This ? is a win for all of us!

With that being said, I think the cast is great, but i'm not dying to see it or nothing nor is it the end of the world. I'll catch it one day.

It's really very well-written which surprised me. I don't think the trailers do it justice.

• focus
    Options
    It's really very well-written which surprised me. I don't think the trailers do it justice.

Oh yea? One of those Love & Basketball situations huh?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

hunger games been out for like a month...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Dont plan on seeing it
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Michael Ealy can get it. That is all. :-*
  • focus
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i was gonna say that Bballer, but there have been movies that have held the top spot for months consecutively

Exactly. If Hunger Games had been #1 one more week it wouldve tied Avatar's record.

Its not about how long Hunger Games was out, its about how low the expectations of this movie were. It doubled its box office projections and more than doubled its budget in one weekend....and to my knowledge, there are no men in dresses in it.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign, Hollywood loves to downplay the success of films with all Black Cast, we all saw what happen with "Red Tails" and an all white Romatic film also dropped this weekend and "Think like a Man" murdered it too. Yes "The Hunger Games" is a month old but nobody in hollywood including all the Box Office Experts thought "Think like a Man" was doing 30 mil. Most projections had it at 10-15 Million for the weekend, 20 tops. Also Tyler Perry is finally falling off, people are so sick of his repetitive films and I'm one of them. I don't hate on him though, I'm happy for his success but like Spike said, the coonery has to stop. "Think like a Man" is acutally a funny romatic comedy. Now all we need is for Black cast to not be so drama and comedy focused. Let's get some Sci Fi or Action going with a majority black cast and see what it does Hollywood.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to see an all Black cast in a horror movie.

It can be a slasher, zombie, aliens whatever. I want to see that joint from a Black perspective.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was actually pretty good. I thought it was going to be a chick flick, but it turned out pretty good. It was well written, kind of funny, and the women were gorgeous.

Y'all should definitely check it out and support. Maybe if this does well we can get more action movies and regular movies with a majority black cast, rather than every majority black movie being on some historical or comedy ? .
  • FroHawke
    Options
    It was actually pretty good. I thought it was going to be a chick flick, but it turned out pretty good. It was well written, kind of funny, and the women were gorgeous.

Y'all should definitely check it out and support. Maybe if this does well we can get more action movies and regular movies with a majority black cast, rather than every majority black movie being on some historical or comedy ? .

I completely agree. It'll be a dream come true if they could greenlight a Luke Cage/Black Panther/Icon type movie. It's really overdue for a black cast to get some shine in different genres. I think the black community will support it.

• lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to see an all black horror film but everytime I picture it I see snoop dog face in bones or that horrible movie with marques Houston. Someone needs to make this happen in my lifetime though.
  • FroHawke
    Options
    ^^^And I may be biased (or prejudiced) but I think black actors emote more on screen than their white counterparts. There are only a few white actors that watching them, make me feel their emotions through the screen....with most black actors I get the emotion.

Got a lot of talented actors out there that I certainly think an all black cast will work in a certain genre
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to see an all Black cast in a horror movie.

It can be a slasher, zombie, aliens whatever. I want to see that joint from a Black perspective.

it has been done.....straight to dvd though
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    bunch of bad ?
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the first 3 comments was wack....the movie is a good catch...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black power!!!
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it, Kevin Hart was essentially the comic relief and he was funny most of the time he was on screen. Solid movie, I'm not disappointed but if people are calling it amazing its not true.

Happy for the success its had.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even tho this movie look dumb as ? , It's good to see an all black cast film as the # 1 movie in America currently.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    All black cast? Isn't there a chico in the movie? Just saying...
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT thread title
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree. Im also tired off the same actors. That's one thing I do respect about Tyler Perry, he always has atleast one new actor/actress.in his movies. There was a time span where nia long, Morris chestnut, sannaa lathan, shemar moore and the bald black dude who I can't remember his name right now were in every black movie.