2k12 tips

Options
Melanin_Enriched
Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in IllGaming
I believe we need a thread dedicated to overcoming the ? that transpire in 2k12. Below is a couple tips I know that can make the difference when playing the computer (on superstar or hall of fame difficulty simulation) or a player(hall of fame simulation)

Offense:
-Only turbo when you've pass the defender or on a fast break. If you turbo anytime else the computer will mirror your tempo and bump you out of driving lanes or the interior defense will collapse upon your player. Simply just pushing the analog following a single cross over will allow you to get an uncontested lay up.
-Play to your character's ability. Don't try to over compensate for a dry scoring spell by trying to back down with players like bosh thinking he'll hit the hook shot or force yourself into the paint with a player like wade and hoping for the best

Defense:
-Play as the center, i can't stress this enough. A lot of the games you actually lose to the computer to is due to second opportunity points. Playing as the center and either getting the rebound or boxing out a player can make a huge difference in how the game unravels. Also playing as the center also gives more leeway than other position. Most centers can't hit a jumper if their life depended on it and due to their big stature you have a better chance of recovering. (oh if a ? pop ? for not playing on ball just ask them if they mad they can't turbo dunk consecutively with lebron or durant)
-Read the screen from the center position. Since your the center a lot of screens the opposing offense try to run stems from getting you to ? up. Being the big man, you can instantly provide help defense by stepping up and plugging a driving lane or playing off to prevent the alley opp or pass to their center.