The Official Prometheus Thread (Release date - June 8, 2012)

Options

Comments

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trailer looks dope.

Not to "ruin the thread:" this may not mean much to fans of the film franchise, but I thought it was worth thinking about/discussing.
    Scott decided on the man-in-suit approach for creating the creature onscreen. Initially circus performers were tried, then multiple actors together in the same costume, but neither proved scary. Deciding that the creature would be scarier the closer it appeared to a human, Scott decided that a single, very tall, very thin man be used. Scott was inspired by a photograph of Leni Riefenstahl standing next to a 6'4" (1.93 m) Nubian.[8] The casting director found 7'2" (2.18 m), rail-thin graphic designer Bolaji Badejo in a local pub. Badejo went to tai chi and mime classes to learn how to slow down his movements.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(creature_in_Alien_franchise)

16.jpg
    15. A Nuba is carrying Leni's camera bag at 45 degrees above zero in the Sudan

http://www.leni-riefenstahl.de/eng/bio.html

^^^This was the photograph that "inspired" Scott to cast a single human to play the alien.

I don't know how you could envision an intergalactic monster by looking at a picture of an African tribesman.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    I am also anticipating this prequel, but it will not touch Avatar as the current king of Sci-Fi.

As far as sci-fi

Moon >>>>>> Avatar

• stoneface
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So Fassbender's playing an android, huh. Androids didnt even cross my mind with this movie for some reason.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS: It's official "Prometheus" has been rated "R" for "Sci-Fi Violence and intense language" by the MPAA. No watered down PG13 for this.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    So Fassbender's playing and android, huh. Androids didnt even cross my mind with this movie for some reason.

The whole "Android" angle is why more and more people feel it's an Alien Prequel, the whole Alien series dealt with Android Humanoids like Bishop.
  • stoneface
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS: It's official "Prometheus" has been rated "R" for "Sci-Fi Violence and intense language" by the MPAA. No watered down PG13 for this.

lol was anyone actually expecting lesser than an R rating?

• rapmastermind
    Options

The studio was trying to force Scott to make it PG13 to make more money. He did a PG13 cut and it was still rated "R" so he said ? it and went back to the full blown "R" Cut. You have to understand, "R" films don't make a much money as PG 13 films cause everyone can't get in. If "The Matrix" sequels would of been PG 13 instead of R it would of done Star Wars numbers.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fassbender one of the best actors out right now.
  • stoneface
    Options
    So Fassbender's playing and android, huh. Androids didnt even cross my mind with this movie for some reason.

The whole "Android" angle is why more and more people feel it's an Alien Prequel, the whole Alien series dealt with Android Humanoids like Bishop.

And Ash in "Alien", I know. Besides the android thing theres a gang of clues in the trailers, especially the earlier ones, that show this may be a prequel to Alien. Even how the movie's title was presented in one of the first trailers was identical to how the original "Alien's" title was introduced. Im not gonna list em but theres a lot of allusions to the earlier films in them.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has an alien feel, but I don't know.It looked like Aliens in the pods.Seems like the aliens are smarter though
  • loch121
    Options
    Okay it is some kind of prequel.This article may be the plot.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt get an alien vibe when looking at the full trailer...you can see how ridley went back and forth on if it was a prequel or not...the enemy is just crazy to me..dont fit with the alien universe want to see how he links them
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R. Scott hasn't made a good film since Gladiator 12 years ago IMO

I lost interest in his films a while back

Hope this comes good
  • stoneface
    Options
    Im thinking this film will shed some light on how the Xenomorphs (aliens) from the earlier films came to be. I dont think those are supposed to be natural creatures.

• Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Whether it's a direct prequel or not can be up for debate but the fact that it's the same Alien universe is not. There are several clues, Weyland Industries being the most blatant and obvious one.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The studio was trying to force Scott to make it PG13 to make more money. He did a PG13 cut and it was still rated "R" so he said ? it and went back to the full blown "R" Cut. You have to understand, "R" films don't make a much money as PG 13 films cause everyone can't get in. If "The Matrix" sequels would of been PG 13 instead of R it would of done Star Wars numbers.

they rated them ? R...the ? ? for what?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK Product wrote: »

they rated them ? R...the ? ? for what?

violence i guess
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Only 2 more weeks away guys. Can't wait. Cause outside of "The Avengers" This summer has been weak at the theater.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn´t even notice the aliens in the movie.
  • rapmastermind
    Options

That's the big secret, nobody knows what the Aliens are going to look like. But it's not going to look like the ones in Aliens, the whole controversy is that Alien fans know that the space jockey from Alien was not the same Alien as the ones in the movie. Now in the "Prometheus" Trailer you see the same space Jockey so some are speculating that we will see the origins of the space jockey who was flying the original ship that had the Alien Eggs on them in the original Alien. Don't quote me on it that's just the rumors.
  • loch121
    Options

That's the big secret, nobody knows what the Aliens are going to look like. But it's not going to look like the ones in Aliens, the whole controversy is that Alien fans know that the space jockey from Alien was not the same Alien as the ones in the movie. Now in the "Prometheus" Trailer you see the same space Jockey so some are speculating that we will see the origins of the space jockey who was flying the original ship that had the Alien Eggs on them in the original Alien. Don't quote me on it that's just the rumors.

From what I can tell these Aliens are really big
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? will be GOAT
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it was one of the producers put out a tweet a lil after they officially made it rated R and joked around saying the pg 13 version was 11 min long or something like that
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do you mean for what?? Who the ? wants a PG-13 horseshit? Yo, I don't need my movies censored-show me that ? . Show that head being chopped off, I need a good laugh.

? PG-13...in the movie theater with some 13 yr old broad still looking at her android phone while the movie is on.

And if they did do PG-13, it would have been a disgrace to the franchise...

You can't have aliens busting out of a person chest on some PG-13 horseshit