RIP Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys

Options

Comments

• monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options
    RIP Adam! May Your Spirit continue to serve the culture, We need more of You.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Adam Yauch...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ Plap...? stop it.

Condolences to Adam "MCA" Yauch's family. Much respect for him being a third of one of the greatest groups in Hip Hop.

• RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Options
    people are sleeping on this thread. RIP to him.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.i.p to that man ... Top 10 rap voice
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *listening to "Sabotage"*
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *90's baby post*

Someone put me on some Beastie Boy music, albums? Tracks?
  • art VANDELAY
    art VANDELAY Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    I love how racist ? hate on the Beasties without even knowing the history.

Yes, they started as a punk band. Obviously they love hip hop. Yes, some people who don't like rap still like the Beasties. Is that really bad? No. So ? .

At first they were pretty wack. They grew lyrically and became one of the important groups in hip hop history. They are one of the reasons samples are a staple of modern hip hop. They are one of the reasons hip hop is what it is today. PERIOD.

Saying they're a wack version of Run DMC is so blind. They are an ILL version of Run DMC. Run DMC wishes they could be as relevant or musically important as the Beasties have been since 1995. MCA dying is like Tribe breaking up if they made another decade worth of good music and then Q-Tip died.

This is a huge loss to hip hop and most of you don't even realize how big it is.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    CirocObama wrote: »
    LOL @ ? giving me 4 wacks it's impossible to express your opinion. It wasnt like i said "? him good that he's dead" or nothing. I kept saying to the homie above that now may not be the right time to express it and it's a shame that he died but this is still my opinion.

Damn ? crying and ? . What i'm saying was 100% true and you ? know it in your heart. I was not trying to disrespect a man who just passed away but since the topic was brought up i gave my opinion.

@(Nope)

I hate when people say "did you just compare ___ to ____?". Understand my comparison. I wasn't saying they were corny just like Vanilla Ice. I wasnt comparing their skills. I wasnt saying that Beastie Boys were the Vanilla Ice's of rap or anything duke.

Read again what it was i said.

take that crying ass ? somewhere else bruh ...nobody cares about your homotions.. just sit back and take them wack ratings like a man

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...why ? giving me a wack raaaaaaatings?!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

im crying...THE ? you gonna do about it you ? ? ? involving himself in a discussion that had nothing to do with you.

Beastie Boys are the most simplistic MC's ive ever heard and they was always wack. Now what? Are you gonna do something about it? Cuz i would knock your head off if you ever wanna met you loud talking ? . Give me "feelings" or whatever you want and it wont even matter just know anytime we can do this..? . Ha ha.

I gave you a feelings. You Corny.

Haha exactly what i thought you ? ? boy. Keepin it internet just like i thought should sweet potato pie ass lame.

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never really ? with their music, the only Beastie track I got on my ipod is "Sabotage"
    nonetheless, RIP
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, they started as a punk band. Obviously they love hip hop. Yes, some people who don't like rap still like the Beasties. Is that really bad? No. So ? .

At first they were pretty wack. They grew lyrically and became one of the important groups in hip hop history. They are one of the reasons samples are a staple of modern hip hop. They are one of the reasons hip hop is what it is today. PERIOD.

Saying they're a wack version of Run DMC is so blind. They are an ILL version of Run DMC. Run DMC wishes they could be as relevant or musically important as the Beasties have been since 1995. MCA dying is like Tribe breaking up if they made another decade worth of good music and then Q-Tip died.

This is a huge loss to hip hop and most of you don't even realize how big it is.

i cant name one ? i kno that knows a beastie boys song

but i kno plenty of ? that can sing at least a hook to run dmc's songs

the ghetto dont play these cracka, neva have and neva will

? that cracka

ill spit on his grave
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Sun is self hating ?
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *90's baby post*

Someone put me on some Beastie Boy music, albums? Tracks?

go through the thread man they're several tracks posted by myself and other people as far as albums they have a couple of dope albums my favs include this one and To the 5 Boroughs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNmLMs7ugw
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if i was a cracka id hang myself
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ ? giving me 4 wacks it's impossible to express your opinion. It wasnt like i said "? him good that he's dead" or nothing. I kept saying to the homie above that now may not be the right time to express it and it's a shame that he died but this is still my opinion.

Damn ? crying and ? . What i'm saying was 100% true and you ? know it in your heart. I was not trying to disrespect a man who just passed away but since the topic was brought up i gave my opinion.

@(Nope)

I hate when people say "did you just compare ___ to ____?". Understand my comparison. I wasn't saying they were corny just like Vanilla Ice. I wasnt comparing their skills. I wasnt saying that Beastie Boys were the Vanilla Ice's of rap or anything duke.

Read again what it was i said.

take that crying ass ? somewhere else bruh ...nobody cares about your homotions.. just sit back and take them wack ratings like a man

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...why ? giving me a wack raaaaaaatings?!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

im crying...THE ? you gonna do about it you ? ? ? involving himself in a discussion that had nothing to do with you.

Beastie Boys are the most simplistic MC's ive ever heard and they was always wack. Now what? Are you gonna do something about it? Cuz i would knock your head off if you ever wanna met you loud talking ? . Give me "feelings" or whatever you want and it wont even matter just know anytime we can do this..? . Ha ha.

I gave you a feelings. You Corny.

Haha exactly what i thought you ? ? boy. Keepin it internet just like i thought should sweet potato pie ass lame.

I additionally gave you wack ....
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Sun wrote: »

if i was a cracka id hang myself
    Do it! Do it!
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks Beastie Boys after 94>>>>>>>before 94? Their experimentation was off the chain... Hello Nasty and To The 5 Boroughs are personal classics. MCA was the one that guided them on some spiritual ? , hence a lot of their conscious tracks during this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqTfTsZVPMM&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Zawfrtj8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwiXdIbqlo
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap Sun wrote: »

i cant name one ? i kno that knows a beastie boys song

but i kno plenty of ? that can sing at least a hook to run dmc's songs

the ghetto dont play these cracka, neva have and neva will

? that cracka

ill spit on his grave

Word?

http://youtu.be/_ilGuS5-9gQ
    http://youtu.be/DC-gRQh_pFw