who do you think would be the best choice to play Wonder Woman?

Options
A.J. Trillzynski
A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Quite Comical
Actress?

bonus: Director?

to me, Jessica Alba would be amazing.. without a doubt.

as for a Director, if Man of Steel turns out great (which it probably will) i'd get Zack Snyder on it and make it rated R violence similar to the animated movie like a cross between 300 and Watchmen.

Jessica-Alba-Harpers-Bazaar-3.jpg
jessica-alba-total-film-01.jpg

Comments

• FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I dont know that Alba has the acting chops really. I think cobie smulders might be the perfect choice...she 'fits' the role, is obviously hot and is a good actress

cobie-smulders3.jpg

(looks like she may have already dressed for the part)
    cobie-smulders-model-60e09.jpg
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    nice.. the costume looks great
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know that Alba has the acting chops really. I think cobie smulders might be the perfect choice...she 'fits' the role, is obviously hot and is a good actress

cobie-smulders3.jpg

(looks like she may have already dressed for the part)
    cobie-smulders-model-60e09.jpg

Never heard of her but she looks like Wonder Woman... I was curious to see if the NBC ? woulda popped off the chick playing her was pretty and while it was cheesy as ? I found it interesting they had Wonder Woman killing guys like nothing.
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A young Monica Bellucci would've been perfect

3139509699_0b6686e033.jpg

1071803-monica_bellucci_2003_super.jpg
    art98497bh.jpg

• Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ Reaper ? , how is Jessica Alba, (who is only 5'3") going to play somebody that's at a minimum 5'10"? That's was my biggest grip about Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. The ? is 6'2" playing somebody that's between 5'3" to 5'6" or 5'7".
    Hopefully in the reboots they'll get an short actor to play him.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited May 2012
    Options
    damn didn't think about that.. i guess just camera trickery, should be no big deal nowadays. sorta what they're doing with Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man or what they been doing with Tom Cruise his whole career

and Alba has the acting chops to pull it off, she's a much better actress than people give her credit for.

the Monica Bellucci pic is dope though, that would have been perfect. even nowadays i wouldn't mind she still looks good to me.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lucy lawless ( chick who played xena ) always gave me a wonder woman vibe

xena_6.jpg
  • nujerz84
    Options
    starvin wrote: »

xena_6.jpg

Bout 10 years too late... maybe she could play Wonder Woman moms
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    starvin wrote: »

xena_6.jpg

first person to come to mind
  • nujerz84
    Options
    That pic is over 12 yrs old though...if Lucy Lawless was looking like that hell yeah but while she still smashable in older age I dont see her playing Wonder Woman unless they going with an old version which wouldnt make much sense.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    after seeing some pics of her in January (Lucy Lawless) I might retract that statment...
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always thought Anne Hathaway would of been a good choice. good actress, hot, and shes tall shes 5'8 i think
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it will never happen, but I'm going to throw out a fantasy pic and say Beyonce.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    megan-fox-wonder-woman.jpg

Maybe? Just a thought
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say Natalie Portman
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    megan-fox-wonder-woman.jpg

Maybe? Just a thought

Megan Fox publicly said Wonder Woman is a stupid movie to make bro. This movie got scrapped, so would this be for a JLA movie?
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olivia Wilde, I also thought she should have played Lois Lane in the new man of steel movie.

Action movies with females playing the leads typically don't do very well no matter how much publicity is put behind them, Aeon Flux, Catwoman, Elektra etc. In order for it to be successful the filmmakers would have to take some risks, the whole 300/Watchmen R rated style flick mentioned above is actually a really good way of approaching it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    emily deschanel

emily-deschanel-wonder-woman-costume-1.jpg
    emily-deschanel-wonder-woman-costume-3.jpg
    emily-deschanel-wonder-woman-costume-7.jpg
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Olivia Wilde, I also thought she should have played Lois Lane in the new man of steel movie.

Action movies with females playing the leads typically don't do very well no matter how much publicity is put behind them, Aeon Flux, Catwoman, Elektra etc. In order for it to be successful the filmmakers would have to take some risks, the whole 300/Watchmen R rated style flick mentioned above is actually a really good way of approaching it.

I think those movies had more problems than just a female lead.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »

I think those movies had more problems than just a female lead.

Yeah they sucked
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christina Hendrix...
    hendricks-opener100222_560.jpg

Kelly Brook
    kelly-brook15099.jpg

One of these two ladies...could pull it off I believe!
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gina Carano. Her acting needs some work but she has the frame and toughness to convincingly play an amazon warrior.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Just saw Haywire so I like the Gina Carano pick. At first I thought Christina Hendrix would be a good choice but I havent' seen her in any action roles and I think she is too pale to play someone who was born on an island. What about Angelina Jolie?