Get Ya Weight Up - Illegals Ripping Off U.S. Taxpayers

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Social Lounge
When a local tax preparer in Indianapolis decided to blow the whistle on a scam being used to funnel billions of American taxpayer dollars to illegal immigrants through an IRS tax loophole, the resulting story was met with anger and outrage.

Channel 13 WHTR’s reporter, Bob Segall, wrote a two-part expose of the scam and ran it on television on April 26, explaining how it works. The Internal Revenue Code provides for an “additional child tax credit” of up to $1,000 to help working families who have children living at home. It requires that each child live at home for at least six months out of the year. But several years ago illegal immigrants discovered a loophole that allows them to claim as many children as they want — including nieces and nephews — even if they have never stepped foot on American soil.

Illegals must pay taxes but they can’t obtain a Social Security number. And so to remedy the situation, President Bill Clinton signed into law a solution: Illegals can receive a nine-digit individual taxpayer number — an ITIN — which allows their employers to withhold payroll taxes. When it was discovered that the IRS was lax in determining who actually had children living at home, or not, the scam took off. ITIN claims for the credit totaled $161 million in 2001 but have ballooned to $4.2 billion in 2011.

That’s when the tax accountant decided he’d had enough. He took several dozen tax returns down to Channel 13 to meet with Segal, and blew the whistle:

We’ve seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms. The more you put on there, the more you get back.

Here’s a return right here; we’ve got a $10,300 refund for nine nieces and nephews. We’re getting an $11,000 refund on [another] tax return. There are seven nieces and nephews. I can bring stacks and stacks. It’s just so easy it’s ridiculous.

There’s an office that is supposed to oversee this sort of behavior by the IRS: the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. Its website explains:

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) was established under the IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 to provide independent oversight of IRS activities. TIGTA promotes the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of the internal revenue laws. It is also committed to the prevention and detection of fraud, waste, and abuse within the IRS and related entities.

Russell George, the head of TIGTA, knows all about the scam and can’t do a thing about it. He has reported on his findings, to no avail. He told Segall: “The magnitude of the problem has grown exponentially. Millions of people are seeking this tax credit who, we believe, are not entitled to it. We have made recommendations to [the IRS] as to how they could address this, and that have not taken sufficient action in our view to solve the problem.”

When pressed by Channel 13, the IRS responded with a generic statement absolving itself from any blame:

The law has been clear for over a decade that eligibility for these credits does not depend on work authorization status or the type of taxpayer identification number used. Any suggestion that the IRS shouldn't be paying out these credits under current law to ITIN holders is simply incorrect. The IRS administers the law impartially and applies it as it is written. If the law were changed, the IRS would change its programs accordingly. The IRS disagrees with TIGTA's recommendation on requiring additional documentation to verify child credit claims. As TIGTA acknowledges in this report, the IRS does not currently have the legal authority to verify and disallow the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit during return processing simply because of the lack of documentation. The IRS has procedures in place specifically for the evaluation of questionable credit claims early in the processing stream and prior to issuance of a refund. The IRS continues to work to refine and improve our processes.

In short, “take your silly problem down the hall.” But Indiana Congressman Dan Burton (R-Ind.) lives down the hall and he is angry: “Why in the world are we doing this? Are you kidding me? The cost to the American taxpayer is huge! I’m a taxpayer, and the thought of me paying for 24 people who are living in one trailer boggles my mind, especially when you tell me [that] most of them are still living in Mexico. That’s unconscionable!”

Burton and dozens of other members of the House have cosponsored HR 1956, which would give these tax credits only to U.S. citizens by requiring tax filers claiming the credit to provide a Social Security Number instead of the ITIN.

Sadly, this being an election year and the immigration issue a “third rail” in today’s politically charged climate, there is no chance that this bill, even if it passes the House, will see the light of day in the Democrat-controlled Senate. So the scam will continue.
thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/11350-bob-adelmann
This country just goes down the ? day-by-day.

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I aint gonna knock the messicans hustle. All I wanna know is how to get put on.

? the System. RBG All day.

http://youtu.be/kGjSq4HqP9Y
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I could say is "damn".

33769_o.gif
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got a ole head who told me the real play is to

denounce your citizenship, then reenter america as an immigrant.
    that way u can take advantage of all the ? they get.
    health & dental
    immigrant business loans
    2,000 in foodstamps & cash assistance

among other things

and they get all this ? while slowly building up a taxi cab empire
    pretending to be broke then eventually styling on us
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »

health & dental
    immigrant business loans

among other things

that might work, or they'll just deport you to haiti and by deport i mean drag you into the water and tell you to swim back, avoid those sharks.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My cuzzin is a social worker its crazy she was tellin me all about this ? a few years ago.....they ? the system to the max, and its hard to blame or criticize them when the government practically let's them...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares? The wealthy have a number of loop holes they take advantage of.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »

health & dental
    immigrant business loans

among other things

that might work, or they'll just deport you to haiti and by deport i mean drag you into the water and tell you to swim back, avoid those sharks.

lol/smh
    true
    we joked about that

the fact that he has never seen any person of african origin pull this off

he from NYC and say that many a euro jew,eastern european and arab people do this

they send the women children over first to get the benefits started like housing assistance and food then the husband comes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • it's me bi***es
    it's me bi***es Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO! IM MEXICAN AND KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DO THIS! WE ? THE SYSTEM AND STILL GOT OUR SIDE HUSTLE! BLACK PEOPLE DEPEND AND LIVE OFF THE SYSTEM! THATS WHY I JUST LOL WHEN MOST PEOPLE ON HERE CONSIDER MY RACE "AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TOTEM POLE" WHEN WE DONT DEPEND ON NOBODY AND DO WHAT WE GOTS TO TO GET OURS! TRUTH.COM...
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO! IM MEXICAN AND KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DO THIS! WE ? THE SYSTEM AND STILL GOT OUR SIDE HUSTLE! BLACK PEOPLE DEPEND AND LIVE OFF THE SYSTEM! THATS WHY I JUST LOL WHEN MOST PEOPLE ON HERE CONSIDER MY RACE "AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TOTEM POLE" WHEN WE DONT DEPEND ON NOBODY AND DO WHAT WE GOTS TO TO GET OURS! TRUTH.COM...

lol ? yall be washin dishes at the chinese restaurant.. foh with that '? the system' ?
  • it's me bi***es
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

lol ? yall be washin dishes at the chinese restaurant.. foh with that '? the system' ?

WASHIND DISHES AND HAVIN MONEY IN THE BANK WHILE U PROBABLY LIVE OFF AN EBT CARD! SO FOH WITH YO LAZY FREELOADING ASS...

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this dude caught feelings
  • major pain
    Options

WASHIND DISHES AND HAVIN MONEY IN THE BANK WHILE U PROBABLY LIVE OFF AN EBT CARD! SO FOH WITH YO LAZY FREELOADING ASS...

lol not quite but i' already have the check ready when yall get done cutting the yard tomorrow
  • it's me bi***es
    Options

lol not quite but i' already have the check ready when yall get done cutting the yard tomorrow

SORRY DONT ACCEPT FOOD STAMPS! BUT WHEN U DO COME UP WITH THE MONEY, IF U EVER DO... DO WE GET PAID EXTRA FOR ? UR WIFE TO? CUZ U KNOW THATS WHAT WE KNOWN FOR ALSO...

• it's me bi***es
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »
    Lol this dude caught feelings

LOL! NEVERTHAT... I ALWAYS COME ON THE I.C WHEN I WANA B ENTERTAINED BY CLOWNS...

• major pain
    Options

SORRY DONT ACCEPT FOOD STAMPS! BUT WHEN U DO COME UP WITH THE MONEY, IF U EVER DO... DO WE GET PAID EXTRA FOR ? UR WIFE TO? CUZ U KNOW THATS WHAT WE KNOWN FOR ALSO...

no but you can return the water hose to its proper location after you and the other 3 take a sip ... and just a sip :P
  • it's me bi***es
    Options

no but you can return the water hose to its proper location after you and the other 3 take a sip ... and just a sip :P

HOW CAN WE DO THAT WHEN UR WATER AINT EVEN TURNED ON? BUT DONT TRIP UR WIFE JUST HOOKED ME UP WITH THAT LAST 40 IN YO FRIDGE! GRACIAS...
  • major pain
    Options
    talking about pimpin the system lol... ? those hedges ?
  • it's me bi***es
    Options
    THE ONLY HEDGES THAT SHOULD B TRIMMED IS THE ONES COMMIN OUT THE SIDE OF YO HEAD WITH YO NAPPY ASS HAIR! I WOULDNT EVEN WEAR THEM WACK ASS J'S IN UR AVI TO MOW THE LAWN...
  • it's me bi***es
    Options
  • it's me bi***es
    Options
    Amigos kewl mane. I know a few of em. I just don't understand how the Gov. talks so much ? about getting the illegal ones out of the country and then turn around and give them money.

wtf type of logic is that?

LOL! THIS COUNTRY FUKED UP PERIOD...

• dunny.
    dunny. Members Posts: 232
    Options
    Mexicans will be the downfall of the usa

These filthy miscreants flood this place illegally,? the system by having mad babies once they get on us soil and steal ss#'s and/or work under the table for cheap which keeps u.s. citizens from getting jobs

They love their countries yet they wont stay there fucc em

• it's me bi***es
    Options
    dunny. wrote: »
    Mexicans will be the downfall of the usa

These filthy miscreants flood this place illegally,? the system by having mad babies once they get on us soil and steal ss#'s and/or work under the table for cheap which keeps u.s. citizens from getting jobs

They love their countries yet they wont stay there fucc em

NOW I KNOW WHY THEY CALL U "? " I MEAN "DUNNY" U PROBABLY TRIED TO SPELL THAT BUT U TO ILLETARATE TO...
  • it's me bi***es
    Options
    LOL! IM TIRED OF ETHERING U ? GOTA GO ? THE SYSTEM! IM OUT...
  • major pain
    Options
    THE ONLY HEDGES THAT SHOULD B TRIMMED IS THE ONES COMMIN OUT THE SIDE OF YO HEAD WITH YO NAPPY ASS HAIR! I WOULDNT EVEN WEAR THEM WACK ASS J'S IN UR AVI TO MOW THE LAWN...

but you WILL cut that lawn doe.. dont make me call INS if yall mess up edging again..