So thanos is the guy at the end of the avengers movie?

Options

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk could knock Thanos the ? out though.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    Hulk could knock Thanos the ? out though.

In physical altercations yes. But Thanos wouldn't do it
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No, Hulk can't touch Thanos physically. Hulk hits don't affect Surfer, Thanos killed him in like 3 hits. Hulk needs a lot of powerups to planet bust, Thanos was tanking planet busting punches like nothing. Surfer's blasts take Hulk down easily in one blast.

Thanos took his strongest and didn't have a scratch. Zeus destroyed Hulk easily even physically. Odin said he could lose to Thanos if they fought for a long time.

So no Hulk nor the rest of the avengers can mess with Thanos.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Hulks hits do affect surfer bruh. They have fought many times hulk broke out if surfers gircefield before. Thanos will be affected...surfer and hull hurt each other. Surfer just recovers quick.

Bannerless hulk had silver copping pleas. He couldn't revert him to banner.

Hulk would beat Thanos ass in hand hand combat. But Thanos beats hulk 10/10 in real fights
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    thanos will lose because his weakness is him wanting to lose i know it sounds wack but in the comics they say his only weakness is deep in his sub-conscience he wants to be defeated so im sure in the end he'll do something stupid to let the avengers win because suppously he cant be beat

Thanos is trill. Very trill but he doesn't lose because he wants.
    Without prep the Avengers would beat his ass...

Thor in the Ultimate universe is powered down considerably. Otherwise he could do a decent job against Thanos solo though he would lose 8/10.

Odin simply dominated Thanos with little effort (though more than he assumed) it wasn't because he wanted to lose.

Anyways...Thanos is a beast if he fights the avengers with the gauntlet they will need the guardians and/or Warlock (the cosmic ? ).

Thanos doesn't usually have the gauntlet but I can't wait to see how he gets it.

While not exactly the same as saying Thanos wants to lose, Adam Warlock canonically stated that Thanos loses because he subconsciously wishes to do so.

91352.jpg?v=1

Besides, he has fought and beaten entire teams of Avengers in straight up combat, so even without prep it's a stretch to say they would beat his ass.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you already responded this point. Though I think your response is pretty weak. The character that knows him better than anyone else says that's why he loses. You say it's untrue. That's not much of an argument. Anyway, Thanos rarely ever loses because he comes up against someone stronger because he rarely ever takes on people more powerful than himself in straight up fights. The only time I can think of him just losing like that was against Odin, and in that case his sole desire was to test his mettle in battle. He's gone up against much stronger people plenty of times e.g. Tyrant, Galactus, Inbetweener, etc... and still managed to accomplish his goals, so those are wins not losses even if he did get overpowered such as the time he had his forcefield crushed by Galactus.
    Thanos got beaten by warlock Mavis. Thor could give Thanos a run the rest could then take him down. Logically its ridiculous to say Thanos just bodies the abengers

Thanos bodies Thor
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulks hits do affect surfer bruh. They have fought many times hulk broke out if surfers gircefield before. Thanos will be affected...surfer and hull hurt each other. Surfer just recovers quick.

Bannerless hulk had silver copping pleas. He couldn't revert him to banner.

Hulk would beat Thanos ass in hand hand combat. But Thanos beats hulk 10/10 in real fights

iirc, the only time the Hulk's punches affected the Surfer was during Planet Hulk when they were both depowered. After Surfer beat up the Hulk and his Warbound, during the fight, the Surfer's control disk was damaged, freeing him..as the Surfer was thanking the Hulk, the Hulk began to pound on him temporarily knocking him out..When Surfer awakened, he freed everyone from their disks. Other than that, most encounters between Surfer and Hulk has gone in Surfer's favor. I'm not aware of this Bannerless Hulk instance unless you're referring to the time when the Hulk was stomping on his head and it didn't even bother the Surfer. iirc, during that same run, Surfer was killing the Hulk while draining him since there was no Banner for the Hulk to convert to
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thanos will lose because his weakness is him wanting to lose i know it sounds wack but in the comics they say his only weakness is deep in his sub-conscience he wants to be defeated so im sure in the end he'll do something stupid to let the avengers win because suppously he cant be beat

Thor in the Ultimate universe is powered down considerably. Otherwise he could do a decent job against Thanos solo though he would lose 8/10.

Odin simply dominated Thanos with little effort (though more than he assumed) it wasn't because he wanted to lose.

Anyways...Thanos is a beast if he fights the avengers with the gauntlet they will need the guardians and/or Warlock (the cosmic ? ).

Thanos doesn't usually have the gauntlet but I can't wait to see how he gets it.

While not exactly the same as saying Thanos wants to lose, Adam Warlock canonically stated that Thanos loses because he subconsciously wishes to do so.

91352.jpg?v=1

Besides, he has fought and beaten entire teams of Avengers in straight up combat, so even without prep it's a stretch to say they would beat his ass.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you already responded this point. Though I think your response is pretty weak. The character that knows him better than anyone else says that's why he loses. You say it's untrue. That's not much of an argument. Anyway, Thanos rarely ever loses because he comes up against someone stronger because he rarely ever takes on people more powerful than himself in straight up fights. The only time I can think of him just losing like that was against Odin, and in that case his sole desire was to test his mettle in battle. He's gone up against much stronger people plenty of times e.g. Tyrant, Galactus, Inbetweener, etc... and still managed to accomplish his goals, so those are wins not losses even if he did get overpowered such as the time he had his forcefield crushed by Galactus.
    Thanos got beaten by warlock Mavis. Thor could give Thanos a run the rest could then take him down. Logically its ridiculous to say Thanos just bodies the abengers

Warlock Mavis? Are you talking about Magus, Warlock's evil alter ego? If so, you're forgetting that Thanos triumphed over him in the end.

And Thor has never given Thanos a run in Avengers comics. He's always been treated like a red headed stepchild. Granted he has done much better in his own comics. It may be stupid, but whenever Thor is teamed up with the Avengers, he's simply not as powerful. Even taking that into account, no standard Avenger besides Thor and Hulk are even capable of hurting Thanos. you're talking about one of the most durable characters period. Base Hulk stands no chance against Thanos. He'd have to be highly enraged before being knocked out to give Thanos a hard time, and Thanos is smart enough not to let that happen. So Thor is basically the only hope, and there is nothing to suggest that Thor can beat Thanos one on one. Hell even when Thor had the power gem and had lost his mind with rage, Thanos pulled out one of his many random inventions and ended the fight instantly. Like it or not, Thanos could wreck any typical Avengers team without planning and with planning the Avengers would be hard pressed to beat him without his own subconscious help.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn I don't think hulk beats surfer...but he tanked a cosmic bolt like nothing...and he has hurt surfer (be it momentarily) on multiple occasions...

The bannerless hulk smashed the ground on surfer (in a surfer comic) surfer recovered quick but he was effected...

Bannerless hulk also had surfer shook when he tried to drain his gamma and he couldn't because banner wasn't there...I think surfer was trying to be friendly again...but my point is that in hand to hand hulk can hurt surfer...I would also say surfer is overrated as far as durability. Surfer is that guy. And he would stomp hulk...but hulk punches hurt him.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Warlock and Thanos are equals. They have fought a ton...

I agree that Thor is depowered in team battle. Thanos has massive tech that he uses to win he isn't going to bang hulk in hand to hand. Thanos would win 10-10. Warlock punches hurt Thanos and surfer is stronger than most incarnations of warlock and angry hulk is stronger than surfer so his punches would hurt. If Thanos has to deal with Thor at full power he would lose to the avengers. Iron man could hurt Thanos with tech also...he is standard avengers
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

91352.jpg?v=1

Warlock Mavis? Are you talking about Magus, Warlock's evil alter ego? If so, you're forgetting that Thanos triumphed over him in the end.

And Thor has never given Thanos a run in Avengers comics. He's always been treated like a red headed stepchild. Granted he has done much better in his own comics. It may be stupid, but whenever Thor is teamed up with the Avengers, he's simply not as powerful. Even taking that into account, no standard Avenger besides Thor and Hulk are even capable of hurting Thanos. you're talking about one of the most durable characters period. Base Hulk stands no chance against Thanos. He'd have to be highly enraged before being knocked out to give Thanos a hard time, and Thanos is smart enough not to let that happen. So Thor is basically the only hope, and there is nothing to suggest that Thor can beat Thanos one on one. Hell even when Thor had the power gem and had lost his mind with rage, Thanos pulled out one of his many random inventions and ended the fight instantly. Like it or not, Thanos could wreck any typical Avengers team without planning and with planning the Avengers would be hard pressed to beat him without his own subconscious help.

When has Thanos Ibeaten because he wanted to be?
  • jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn I don't think hulk beats surfer...but he tanked a cosmic bolt like nothing...and he has hurt surfer (be it momentarily) on multiple occasions...
    multiple occasions? such as?
    The bannerless hulk smashed the ground on surfer (in a surfer comic) surfer recovered quick but he was effected...
    yes he did, he stomped on Surfer's head while the Surfer just...talked
    Bannerless hulk also had surfer shook when he tried to drain his gamma and he couldn't because banner wasn't there...
    this isn't correct at all..The Surfer WAS draining him, in essence killing him, because there was no Banner for him to convert to..The Hulk told him this..
    I think surfer was trying to be friendly again...but my point is that in hand to hand hulk can hurt surfer...I would also say surfer is overrated as far as durability. Surfer is that guy. And he would stomp hulk...but hulk punches hurt him.

Surfer and Hulk have always been friends, which is why the Hulk was upset with him during Planet Hulk for fighting him. Surfer's durability is not overrated at all..Surfer took a double ? slam from Tenebrous, that iirc destroyed half the planet that Surfer was laying on.
  • jaxn
    Options
    I wouldn't say they're equals
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

91352.jpg?v=1

When has Thanos Ibeaten because he wanted to be?

I would think the quote would refer to his loss of the Cosmic Cube and Infinity Gauntlet. In both cases, he had obtained the power that he wanted and was basically untouchable, and then coughed up that power in silly ways. No one stopped him. He basically stopped himself, and Warlock suggests that it's because he subconsciously knows he's not worthy of such power.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

How not...they have different skills but in combat I see clean break...
  • jaxn
    Options

you'd be wrong on that one
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options

Good luck proving that. Hell, compare how both characters did against Cancer-verse Mar-Vell and the difference between them couldn't appear clearer.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Thanos was on skates against Earth heroes Warlock was crushing them...how does Thanos get the edge over Warlock...warlock turned him to stone had him copping pleas multiple timed. Not a huge difference
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Thanos was on skates against Earth heroes Warlock was crushing them...how does Thanos get the edge over Warlock...warlock turned him to stone had him copping pleas multiple timed. Not a huge difference

Thanos has IIRC killed Warlock before and handed him his ass. Warlock has stated he was inferior to Thor and has stated he was in awe of Surfer's power before. These are guys Thanos roflstomps with ease.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Avengers 2 is going to be corny as ? they better at least give black panther life.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options

So you're going to pretend that there weren't special circumstances involved with Warlock turning Thanos to stone? One, Thanos killed Warlock shortly before Warlock returned the favor. Two, Warlock's link to the Soul Gem coupled with being in his spirit form allowed him to ? Thanos. Finally, the version of Thanos Warlock killed was far less powerful than the current Thanos.

Again, Lord Mar-Vell killed Warlock/Magus with a casual energy blast, while Thanos physically overpowers Mar-Vell later in the crossover. During the Infinity Watch years, Thanos was depicted as more powerful than the rest of the group combined (EG everyone falling back when Thanos confronted Odin).
  • jaxn
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »

So you're going to pretend that there weren't special circumstances involved with Warlock turning Thanos to stone? One, Thanos killed Warlock shortly before Warlock returned the favor. Two, Warlock's link to the Soul Gem coupled with being in his spirit form allowed him to ? Thanos. Finally, the version of Thanos Warlock killed was far less powerful than the current Thanos.

Again, Lord Mar-Vell killed Warlock/Magus with a casual energy blast, while Thanos physically overpowers Mar-Vell later in the crossover. During the Infinity Watch years, Thanos was depicted as more powerful than the rest of the group combined (EG everyone falling back when Thanos confronted Odin).

agreed
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Warlock whooped surfer's ass and saved his life before...Warlock is above surfer...but Thanos is above Warlock in power I will agree with that and in battle I have seen Thanos one shot Warlock...but this is not a curbstomp scenario for Thanos...put Thanos above him. I will agree. Thanos is a lot more powerful than Warlock...but Warlock stood tall against Gal, Thanos copped pleas. You can't use just one example. In situations where they are in one on one confrontation that will be just hand to hand combat...Thanos is fearful of Warlock. He has also stated this fear...

Also lord marvell one shotted Magus...thanos called warlock to help him with that. Chill b. @doctopian.

Odin Murderman danced Thanos like a child...in the rainbow joint where Odin was forced to powerdown so he didn't destroy ? ...Thanos is a moth in comparison to Odin.

Thanos is remarkably overrated. Remarkable...writers of Warlock are inconsistent, but his power-set is wicked, his invulnerability is trill...you just have to take all things into consideration.

You can't just use one example. Warlock is still currently connected to the soul gem. Hey its apart of his power-set.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    You can't just say Warlock is above surfer cause he saved his life or beat him before because he's also stated that Surfer was above him and he was in awe of his power before. He is on Surfer's level and from what he's shown against everyone except Thanos, he seems to be below Surfer.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Warlock whooped surfer's ass and saved his life before...Warlock is above surfer...
    i disagree
    but Thanos is above Warlock in power I will agree with that and in battle I have seen Thanos one shot Warlock...but this is not a curbstomp scenario for Thanos...put Thanos above him.
    It actually would be a curbstomp
    I will agree. Thanos is a lot more powerful than Warlock...but Warlock stood tall against Gal, Thanos copped pleas. You can't use just one example. In situations where they are in one on one confrontation that will be just hand to hand combat...Thanos is fearful of Warlock. He has also stated this fear...
    when did Warlock stand up to Galactus and when has Thanos stated he's afraid of Warlock
    Also lord marvell one shotted Magus...thanos called warlock to help him with that. Chill b. @doctopian.
    Magus is Warlock though
    Odin Murderman danced Thanos like a child...in the rainbow joint where Odin was forced to powerdown so he didn't destroy ? ...Thanos is a moth in comparison to Odin.

Thanos is remarkably overrated. Remarkable...writers of Warlock are inconsistent, but his power-set is wicked, his invulnerability is trill...you just have to take all things into consideration.

You can't just use one example. Warlock is still currently connected to the soul gem. Hey its apart of his power-set.

I thought he was no longer in possesion of the gem. he doesn't keep the soul gem powers without it.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    You can't just say Warlock is above surfer cause he saved his life or beat him before because he's also stated that Surfer was above him and he was in awe of his power before. He is on Surfer's level and from what he's shown against everyone except Thanos, he seems to be below Surfer.

Who has Warlock lost to that Surfer beat?
    Warlock merked Mephisto in hell...Surfer wouldn't dream of that battle...

Surfer stalemates or loses to Thor except 100 years ago when he was amped and controlled by Loki (in the issue he mentions Thor still being stronger more powerful than him) Warlock had Sif in a forcefield while simultaneously beating the ? out of Thor until Warlock decided he would fight thor without using his powers and got warrior madness merked off.

Warrior madness Thor was beating Surfer so bad...lol Warlock had to come save that ass/
    I love Surfer and I have succumb to the idea that he is equal to thor, but he is not equal to Warlock and certainly not above. We can rank him higher in powers, but what warlock has trumps all that.