Chernobyl Diaries: What are your thoughts

Options
Darkcrusader3.0
Darkcrusader3.0 Members Posts: 153
edited May 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
My girl wants to see it Friday night....I doubt it will be good...but im hoping its atleast ok

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks good no lie
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options

I will be seeing this on Friday...

I think the Chernobyl disaster is an interesting angle for horror genre... I'm sure its offending somebody though.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it looks scary. good premise too, hopefully its not just a russian the hill have eyes
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    it looks scary. good premise too, hopefully its not just a russian the hill have eyes
    that's exactly what it looks like to me. i'm interested in it tho.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im scared its gonna be one of those, paranormal activity/the devil inside/the woman in black type movies.

Otherwise I would see it because the premise is good
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pripyat is such a cool creepy real life place. There needs to be more fiction set in Pripyat. That reminds me, I gotta play S.T.A.L.K.E.R one of these days...
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Its Oren Peli, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Although the premise is not really my cup of tea...but I can't pass up a horror movie..Wish I could have seen it today. I was stuck with What to Expect When You're Expecting, cuz CD wasn't playing the same time as Avengers which my husband is in the theater watching. So now I'm sitting in the lobby waiting for Avengers to finish so we can leave, and staring at the CD poster :(
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    movie was asscheeks. skip it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what I heard....damn I need another good scary movie to watch because the devil inside me was a letdown
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

hell yea me and my date caught zzzzz's in that ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

That's what I heard....damn I need another good scary movie to watch because the devil inside me was a letdown
    i had just seen cabin in the woods like 2 weeks earlier & that was good so my expectations of chernobyl diaries were high. not its fault but the movie still sucked.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks 4 telling me. Now I won't waste my damn time.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was going to go tonight good thing i saw this thread might just see MIB now
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could've told y'all it was hot garbage based off the trailer.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options
    What a waste of an amazing location for a horror movie. The scenery was seriously creepy as hell!
    Location is the only redeeming quality here. The characters were poorly written. They had no survival instinct.

The story is so weak. How do you mess up Chernobyl?... You get the same writers who came up with Titanic II.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    What a waste of an amazing location for a horror movie. The scenery was seriously creepy as hell!
    Location is the only redeeming quality here. The characters were poorly written. They had no survival instinct.

The story is so weak. How do you mess up Chernobyl?... You get the same writers who came up with Titanic II.

LMAO @ bolded

i really didn't think the story was bad it was just executed terribly. the animals in the begining was ? as ? & the ending with no explanation was just.....
    they really coulda flipped it & made it into some government experiment but they dropped the ball big time.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was ass..? a trapped bear would've mauled ALL them ? in that apt...especially a hungry one..soon as I seen that ? my "What the ? " meter went up and it never came back down