What's your beauty regimen?

Options
Bussy_Getta
Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Powder Room
I've become a bit obsessed with my skin as of late :- /

Morning: Wash my face with cetaphil, use a anti-acne toner then I put on Healthy Skin Moisturizer by Neutrogina followed by anti-wrinkle eye cream by Roc
I rub my body down in cocobutter after

Night:Wash face with Clear Pore Cleanser by Neutrogina, use toner then I dab lightening cream on any dark spots (cause I like to pick at my face smmfh) I let that sink in while I lotion up then I use Patrica Welxler skin regenerating serum and then seal it in with Hope in a Jar by Philosophy then Roc eye cream

What do you ladies (and some of yall menz that actually care) use and is it really working out?

Comments

• MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel you.

I don't use a special soap-Neutrogena. What I have found that is key for me is exfoliation. I use olive oil as a moisturizer now instead of creams which I was having bad luck with-tend to have very dry skin.

I also dry brush my skin now to get rid of dead cells before showering. This has really helped with 'fresher' looking skin for me but if skin is sensitive I don't recommend.

Minimal makeup-so hot here it just clogs pores.

Shea butter or Coconut oil for all over moisturizing. Oh and drinking plenty of water.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    I wanna try dry brushing.. Probably gonna buy a lil cheapie body brush and try it out

• MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have one on Amazon for eight bucks :)
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    *checks Amazon* :-D
  • backpackingrapper
    backpackingrapper Members Posts: 181
    Options
    n/h but I use Coconut Oil and Baking Soda

I rub my baking soad with my dove soap and rub my face with it and leave it on for some time
    After I wash it off I use Coconut Oil to keep my face from drying and from being too oily
    It works for me
    My mom does this but she also uses Apple cider vinegar with the coconut oil.

My mom put me on to that stuff cause she is a super nature head and health freak so she with the home remedy stuff.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    Oil make a young mixed ? break out :-(
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just cocoa buttas>>>>
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exfoliate 2x per week (at least) by mixing brown sugar, olive oil, & water. Scrub, rinse, then moisturize.
    Sometimes I'll use coconut oil or some Olay moisturizer.

For deeper moisture: Honey + Lemon juice masque

Castor oil on eyebrows.

Neutrogena Spray on Sun Block if I'm heading out
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    moistrizing, exfoliation and a face mask (at least twice a week)
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These are all i use. They are the GOAT

839977009040.jpg
  • mdcu16
    mdcu16 Members Posts: 297
    Options
    Aztec Secret Healing Clay mixed with Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (face mask 2x a week)

Raw black soap on my face

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Body Scrub (daily)

Moisturize with raw Shea butter

I exfoliate like crazy
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing, I have the body and the face of an adonis.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get up in the morning and wash my face with warm water. brush my teeth with crest, brush my hair and then slap on my favorite deodorant, right guard.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    LAWD my ? look complicated compared to everyone else's
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me spray your face with some of this ? , it'll clear whatever is wrong right up hahaha
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    Uhh I actually have very clear skin breh
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    I used aveeno products and felt it wasn't worth the price

I use the sunblock tho
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the morning I wash my face Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser, then tone with witch hazel and mosturize with boots vanishing day cream. I use johnson and johnson cocoa butter oil for my body.

At night I wash with neutrogena oil free acne wash, tone again with witch hazel, put ambi skin lighter on any dark spots and mosturize with oil of olay night cream and shea butter for body.

I do a mask once a week and a sugar scrub every other week.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I alternate clinique cleanser and toner with oil of olay ? cloths in the mornings. I do a lemon sugar scrub every couple of days and a honey lemon mask every week. I have a million face and body moisturiziers. Currently I switch from lancome bienfait multi, Kate somerville quench oil free and clinique. I'm using a lancome body creme and Shea butter for my body.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I wash my face twice a day with Lancome Foaming Creme Mousse and Rehydrating Toner. About once or twice a week I use St Ives Apricot Scrub ... used this forever.

I use Olay Regenerist Serum... keeps my skins SUPER smooth and clear. I also use their daily moisturizer and night cream.

I have various different body washes and lotions that I use daily. I also like Neutrgena Body oil

I get a ? about every 3 months... LOVE THESE.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    My friend uses the Walmart or maybe it's Target brand of the same products and LOVES it just as much as I do
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I personally wouldn't suggest for anyone who is so young to use anti aging products. The key is hydration, both inside and out. What you put in your body is what you get out.

I start my day with one whole lemon squeezed into water and a homemade smoothie. What we eat has everything to do with beauty and skin.

2604155464c679ec309c3aaa5c9fa21e.jpg

Raspberries/Strawberries
    Baby Spinach
    1 Orange
    Dates
    Almonds

Today I did Mango instead of Berry.
    da3e289d962e92b851c729230b1baaaf.jpg

Face:

Blueberries
    Orange Juice
    Honey
    Olive Oil
    Yogurt (Optional-gives it a bit of a more creamier consistency)

I mix these ingredients together and put it on like a mask.
    Blueberries have the most antioxidants amongst fruits which is what we need. Leaves your skin feeling so smooth, better than any face mask you could purchase.

**Kiwis are at their prime at the end of winter/beginning of Spring, opt for those during their peak season.

Lightly exfoliate daily, microdermabrasion kit every other day.

Eye cream-Application is important. Not only rub it in but activate the cells by gently dabbing then patting the area around the eyes in a circular motion so it really gets worked in.

Biotherm Aqua Face-A light layer left on overnight is the most important being that our bodies repair themselves from the day's pollution, stress, sun etc. during sleep.

Sunscreen for face-Prior to going outside this should be every woman's go to regardless of ethnicity/complexion.

Body:

100% Pure Cocoa Butter or 50% shea and 50% cocoa

Olive oil-great for body, not for face as it will clog pores.

Feet:

Lemons-The acidity gets rid of any dead skin.
    Vaseline-Put a generous amount on my feet, cover in saran wrap and leave on overnight. Just did this last night and my feet feel soft like baby's bottom.
    Foot Scrub-I have a warm vanilla one currently but I would use Peppermint.

I keep it as simple as possible and play around with a lot of natural, edible ingredients.
    Chef Ahki has amazing skin and she has a great point. "If you can't eat it, why would you put it on your body?" Everything gets absorbed into our system so the more natural, the safer and better.

I'll add on later...

• VoluptiousVirgo6
    VoluptiousVirgo6 Members Posts: 55
    Options
    Drinking Lots Of Water!!!! It Works Best To Treat The Body Well From The Inside Out!!!...Water And My Multi Vitamin Along With Biotin.....

I Wash My Face With Nubian Heritage Peppermint Soap With Baking Soda And Crushed Almonds...Really Good. I Lotion With St. Ives Oatmeal Lotion

At Night...Deep Cleansing Scrub And Lotion...
  • VoluptiousVirgo6
    VoluptiousVirgo6 Members Posts: 55
    Options
    Body...Dial Glycerin Soaps and St Ives Body Lotion For Healthy Skin Mixed With Baby Oil Gel...Socks On My Feet To Keep Them Soft:) Simple