The Official 2012 Elections Thread!!!

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Social Lounge
The Season is upon us and things are getting heated even in the threads. This will be the spot to voice your positions and advocate for your canidate or against the canidates...

Comments

• cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyzs61EGq4g

Sonnen killing McCain. I wonder how many other politicians are purely opportunists.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm voting 3rd party this year, specifically for the Green Party
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The constant critism and re-questioning of Obama's support and Presidency. Now I know everybody doesn't watch the News or knows what's going on but it's pretty clear to me and anybody who pays attention.
    so then who were they working for when Bush II was the president?

as always, this seems like overreaction, given that, oddly enough, sitting presidents tend to get criticized for SOMETHING
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    The constant critism and re-questioning of Obama's support and Presidency. Now I know everybody doesn't watch the News or knows what's going on but it's pretty clear to me and anybody who pays attention.
    so then who were they working for when Bush II was the president?

as always, this seems like overreaction, given that, oddly enough, sitting presidents tend to get criticized for SOMETHING

It sickens me to cosign you. :-&
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Anybody with a brain and two eyes and ears can see what's going on. Repetitive messages are potent.

Looks like Obama has to do a better job convincing Americans he's doing the right thing, huh? He's not a very convincing man in any aspect these days. He's lied so much, even his own supporters can't put up a decent fight for him anymore.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2012
    Options
    We know this. It's also the responsibility of the President to fight for just laws and just policies, whether Congress is on his side or not. At least that's what I expect from my president. Not getting that though, not to my satisfaction at least but hey, whatever.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So anyone who dislikes Obama is a troll. LOL damn you're dumb.....

Am I supposed to like the extension of the Bush tax cuts? Am I supposed to like neverending wars? Am I supposed to like the federal govt cracking down on medical marijuana?

I'm seriously supposed to like these things? And vote for the coward ? made ? who loves and supports these policies?
  • janklow
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    It sickens me to cosign you. :-&
    you need to relax, clearly
    Janklow is anti-Obama so I'm not worried about what he has to say. The truth doesn't have to be stressed. Matter of fact I'd be suprised if he co-signed me and stop acting like he's some Republican strategist on TV.
    let me translate this: "i can't actually respond to janklow's post with facts and/or a real argument, so i'll resort to personal attacks."

i'm sorry that my post on the internet made you sad

seriously, though, do you just not think ANY other president has gotten media criticism? people RIPPED Bush, they RIPPED Clinton, and on and on and on. this did not start with Obama simply because he's the only president you remember.
  • janklow
    Options
    wait, so is the new thing to post random threads related to stuff you mentioned in other threads? because why not just reply there?
  • janklow
    Options
    please. your argument was that the "constant critism and re-questioning of Obama's support and Presidency" from the news organizations you listed (CNN, Fox News, ABC, and CBS) means that they're in Romney's pocketbook. with the exception of Fox News, these agencies RIPPED Bush II. if it was as simple as buying them off... why didn't that happen in 2008?

you didn't start this thread with facts or a reasonable argument, and that's why your last two replies to me have been personal attacks and not topical. there's no reason to be so upset.
  • janklow
    Options
    How are u gonna run around here bashing Obama as President in every thread u can but nobody knows what the role of the President actually is? Do u wanna win the argument that bad Janklow? Is the ? Flavored Kool Aid that good?
    see, what this post does is prove that i'm right about you having made the thread because of hurt feelings.

...and it's been merged, so, hey, your gesture of impotent rage is now meaningless

People who actually visit this section need to know wassup, they need to be educated. you're going around here polluting their minds (along with Blaze) keeping the youth or whoever disenfranchised with abuncha propaganda and BS.
    ...which would be a good argument for defending your positions in an adult fashion IN THOSE THREADS.

also, @kingblaze84 and i are a propaganda team? HILARIOUS
    U cats r mad becuz of Weed u can still buy everywhere, Wars u honestly couldn't give a ? about that actually Obama pursued in the right way so the ? could end, and Tax Cuts for the Wealthy that are about to end and probably won't be re-issued.
    yes, you've got me down perfectly: i am enraged about marijuana, wars i don't care about and the tax cuts that will be allowed to expire.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Obama's former professor, a LIBERAL, is lashing out against Obama.......says no one should vote for him, even if it helps Romney win lol....shows what a failure as president Obama is if even a liberal, his own former professor, is saying this.....

http://news.yahoo.com/unger-strike-obama-former-professor-says-must-not-160604104.html

Harvard Law School professor Roberto Unger, who taught President Barack Obama classes such as Jurisprudence and Reinventing Democracy, said last month that his former student has betrayed liberals and should lose the presidency in November.

“President Obama must be defeated in the coming election,” Unger said in a sit-down video posted to his YouTube account in May, which also attacked the Republican party.

“If [The Republicans] had their way, inequality would be even greater than it is now,” Unger said, before acknowledging that a Romney win would lead to some undesirable “judicial and administrative appointments.”

But those costs, to Unger, pale in comparison to the risks of an Obama second term.

“The Democratic Party has no new direction. … [Obama] has failed to advance the progressive cause,” Unger said. “He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices.”

Then, gripping his chair tightly as if to strap in for an earthquake of truth-telling, Unger proceeded to unleash a series of one-liners against Obama.

“He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to healthcare. … He has evoked a politics of hand-holding. … His policy is financial confidence and food stamps.”

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Yes Ski Mask, anyone who dislikes endless wars and bailing out the rich while giving the middle class and working class crumbs is an uninformed voter

::rolls eyes::
  • janklow
    Options
    It's okay guy, I'm not mad at u. Vote for the other guy, clearly you're incapable of making an informed decision.
    eh, your last post revealed your emotions were quite otherwise. i mean, hey, walk it back now, but let me know when you've read enough threads to understand the political positions of people around here
  • janklow
    Options
    yes, surely calling for the assassination of people you disagree with politically is a good argument to make on the internet.

also, remember when you claimed you were a Republican? that was funny
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Mitch McConnell, John Boener, Eric Cantor, Rand Paul, that Issa guy, the Governors trying to put in place "Voter Suppression", and most of the other Senators and Representatives that fly under the radar playing hardball? They all admitted to "obstruction" and it's even now starting to be more put out there in the media. Does nobody have a gun ready?

Then you have the ultimate Puppet Justices John Roberts and Clarence Thomas who should be murdered too.

I know this is a youthful Hip Hop site but I can't be the only 1 keeping up with this ? ... am I

LOL......Obama is just as big a puppet as the Republicans you hate so much. I hate Republicans with a passion too, but Obama is a clown puppet as well for warmongering businesses and big banks as well homeboy. Why do you think there hasn't been much hope and change, even when Democrats ruled the House and Senate btw 2007 and 2010? Obama sold your ass out, word to Bush's tax cuts that exploded the deficit and made your money worth less, along with Obama's bloodthirsty habit of prolonging wars.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    IMO (maybe it was hypnosis)? makes some wonder about the Judge and his true feelings.

The 44th president was sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts in front of ? , TV and everybody on January 20, 2009. It was a historic occasion.

But in his one role on Inauguration Day -- administering the oath of office to Obama -- Roberts flubbed so badly he had to re-administer the oath again at the White House on January 22.

• CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Job report just came out and it ain't helping Obama at all
    Only 80,000 jobs added
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Romney doing a news conference right now taking advantage of it

• And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well people ask me if Obama is going to get a second term all the time. Well honestly history is on his side. The last Pres to only serve one term was George Bush Senior. Most Presidents since WW2 have gotten two terms. I also said in 2010 if the health care law stands in the courts, he brings troops home and the unemployment goes below 8% he wont have a hard time getting elected. I'm sure he'll win it's just by how big of a margin. People are anti-obama simply because he is the incumbent and it's cool to be anti-establishment right now. ask these people if they are Pro-Romney and see what they say lol.
    Ask them if they are cool with Romeny privatizing social security and Medicare
    lol Obama2012

• And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Janklow is one of these anti-establishment persons. THis usually comes from an unclear understanding of how the government works.
  • janklow
    Options
    Well honestly history is on his side. The last Pres to only serve one term was George Bush Senior. Most Presidents since WW2 have gotten two terms.
    although one notes that a BETTER way to use history would be to ask why Bush I (or Carter, or Ford) only got one term, as opposed to just saying, "eh, most recent presidents get two terms"
    I also said in 2010 if the health care law stands in the courts, he brings troops home and the unemployment goes below 8% he wont have a hard time getting elected.
    on the other hand, he'll still have a ton of troops in Afghanistan and unemployment isn't below 8%. so what does 1/3 get him?
    Janklow is one of these anti-establishment persons. THis usually comes from an unclear understanding of how the government works.
    ahahahahaha
    guys that don't know anything about janklow always have the most hilarious theories about janklow
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And I like to add to this thread...........The President Elections will have lots of States, Local elections at the same time. If your states are having elections and issues on the ballot the effects your state and community Share with the social lounge what's happening in your area and who are you voting for and what are you voting on to make law in your state or what are you voting against. Who are the people you voting on for Local and State Office

And what Party do you belongs to and your political views.

I am a registered Independent and i vote on issues not on the person and how the bill that i am voting on from state to local elections effects Me, My family and my community. If the person who running for office do he have the same views as I.

For state office of the state of ca I have voted for a Democrat, Republican, libertarian and a Green Party members that was running for state office that was holding elections from State Senator, Gov, Lt. Gov, State Attorney General, insurance commissioner, Congressman ect.....
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well Obama, sadly, is the lesser of two evils. Not because he is evil himself but because one man (even the President) can not change the game. The game runs America not Obama.

So voting for Obama wont change ? . Because corporations will once again be in charge in America. Senators will still be bought and sold to corporations. Elections will still be purchased. If not this one then the next.

The real problem in this country is people who think it's a GOP vs. Democrat thing. That's like choosing between a gunshot wound to the temple and a gunshot wound to the chest. Yeah one hurts less but dead is dead.

The only reason I want Obama to win is because Romney will be worse for the working poor and blacks especially. But democrats will be no better. ? need to get off the donkey's ? and wake the ? up. None of those ? are on our side.

And the only soul America ever had was in it's music. And crackers stole that ? too. And what they didnt steal was washed away in New Orleans. Cant SAVE what was never there bruh.