K.R.I.T> Eminem.............Soulful Music With feel Good Vibes>Rock Beats with Synthetic noise

Options
Supreme_Mind999
Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Face Off Forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-MhxHKsNk

Real life soulful music with meaning? or Music with violent cartoonish rhymes about killing your mother?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubEublECnMU

What You Think?

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    As a producer? Yes
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That K.R.I.T jawn came from the Soul, even the skripper-songs got that down-home mellow vibe that comes from the Soul.

To me I never could catch that "vibration" in Emenims music that made me wanna zone out and just nod my head while blowing some herb.

I hope Def Jam let's him drop another one, I think this one is at 32K first week which is okay in this climate and respectable considering his subject matter isnt on some silly ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Complete Cosign.
    Inb4icecoldstew

LOL, too late.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As a producer? Yes

Hmmmm...Icecoldstew?..Thats a contradiction..Eminem can only rhyme over off beat rock drum patterns..He wanna be in black culture but cant rock no african drum beat..Don't u think thats funny?

Listen to role model...Hear that drum pattern?..Its one simple rock drum loop..
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn right he's better than eminem
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    They appeal to two different audiences. One that you know likes rock sounding beats and others that like soulful beats. Then here is where things get tricky you have those that actually like both.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    They appeal to two different audiences. One that you know likes rock sounding beats and others that like soulful beats. Then here is where things get tricky you have those that actually like both.

Do you like both Jamacia?

• Stew
    Options
    As a producer? Yes

Hmmmm...Icecoldstew?..Thats a contradiction..Eminem can over rhyme over off beat rock drum patterns..He wanna be in black culture but cant rock no african drum beat..Don't u think thats funny?

Dre's drums arent African? lol ok

You're a ? ? if you think KRIT is a better rapper then Em.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Options
    That KRIT song is a beautiful work of art and soul...U felt what he was talking about..I know young dudes who are carrying around babies with no means to take care of them

THATS SOUL!!!! For you white ppl who don't overstand the concept of soul..

Thats the difference between music you FEEL and music u LISTEN to...Bunch of flashy metaphors don't mean ?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a way to state the obvious.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    better than eminem? nah, not even close.

don't get me wrong, k.r.i.t. is nice and he does seem to borrow his flow from many southern artists but the two don't even compare..

and live from the underground was a slight let down compared to his mixtapes
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    @H-Rap 180 I like both but i lean more towards that soulful sound.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Options
    As a producer? Yes

Hmmmm...Icecoldstew?..Thats a contradiction..Eminem can over rhyme over off beat rock drum patterns..He wanna be in black culture but cant rock no african drum beat..Don't u think thats funny?

Have you ever listened to african tribal music?...4/4 beats per measure is rock music, pana

Or are u just talking out your ass trying to say the bullshyt u say is correct?
  • Stew
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    icecoldstewicecoldstew is that chuck e cheese logo on your shirt?

aixrinsedtuog4a2grx8lpmh2.gif
    As a producer? Yes

Have you ever listened to african tribal music?...4/4 beats per measure is rock music, pana

Or are u just talking out your ass trying to say the bullshyt u say is correct?

I have but I normally listen to Rap music
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Fav song off that album next to Praying man and my sub pt2
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    better than eminem? nah, not even close.

don't get me wrong, k.r.i.t. is nice and he does seem to borrow his flow from many southern artists but the two don't even compare..

and live from the underground was a slight let down compared to his mixtapes

We talking about SOUL..We not talking about Technical rapping ability...Its obvious Eminem has spent countless hour "structuring bars" his often times rigid sounding bars over rock/hip hop beat hybrids..

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're too different to compare, but I'm rolling with KRIT all day.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another eminem thread though ?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This dude Eminem is a ? and a ? ...Notice in the video Role model where the lil boy goes into the bedroom with eminem dressed up as a catholic priest

Smh.....And this is the ? ya'll call the greatest?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eminem been wack
    oh make another song about how you've been discriminated against
    tell me again how life is so hard for a multi millionaire
    oh you can't eat in public without someone asking for an autograph? horrible
    my goodness, you're not gonna be able to top the success of 'my name is'? terrible
    so many trials and tribulations for a man that so many claim to be the best rapper
    so much heartache and strife for a man that's 1 of the highest selling artists in history
    i feel your plight, marshall, i really do
    you make the music that speaks to and for me
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll compare rappers alllllll ? day, but when folks states the obvious about somebody being better than trash ass Eminem all of a sudden "they too different to compare." Damn right Krit is a better rapper and producer than Eminem. Krit rapping over soulful ass beats that still bang in the trunk >>>>> Eminem's ol' tired ass DC Comics sounding ass beats. I swear every Eminem produced song sound like Batman is about to come on TV.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    Yes Emenim is a homosexual/? but that's what makes him appeal so much to the caucasion-europeons who buy and support his music.

His whole aura is Souless and deviant, while Krit has that old-Soul wisdom aura around him.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Um ok big deal.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options