Father Beats Man to Death after catching the Man Molesting his Daughter...

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dad did the right thing. I wouldv'e Hulk smashed that man to oblivion, and I don't even have kids.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Accidents happen. If he deliberately tried to ? him he deserves to go to prison, but if it was more like getting mad and beat up on the guy to a mess in anger and the guy accidentally died, then i think he should get off the hook.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many cases go undiscovered.

This is the biggest problem, much of the perverts are themselves victims of undiscovered cases of child abuse.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    see the deception is in the article wording not my title while he was attempting to sexually molest the child the initial unwanted touching even though non sexual is also molestation its by the grace of all things good he caught him before he got to the sexual part.

Okay, so the article wording was off. So the guy did molest the daughter. Okay I understand now. I hope you didnt take it personal like I was taking a dig at you. I just saw what seemed like an inconsistency and called that out. Well I thought it was an honest misunderstanding.

And yes, it is very fortunate that the father caught the guy in time. That's a blessing.
    The police investigated did not arrest because everything he said appears to be true so they handed it over to a grand jury to decide if he was excessive, justified and or accidental with his actions. As a father I say he was justified he I would send money to if he needed help in a legal fund. I do not know if you are a parent or not I hope not if that is how you really feel, but then if you are I would hope you never have to experience this type of scenerio for the sake of your child because it sounds like you would not avenge them...

I hope that we're on the same page here. I'd like to clarify that I support the father's actions (like I said in my first post) and he absolutely did the right thing. I think that self-defense is a virtue. What I was arguing about was a different scenario/hypothetical situation. I would send the man money too if he needed financial support.

I wouldn't hope that what happened to the father happened to anyone. I know how serious and traumatizing child/sexual abuse is. But all this doesn't contradict the argument that I was making. ? forbid, if the same thing happened to me, I would of course protect my child. I never implied that I wouldn't.

I think that this all boils down to my interpretation of the difference between revenge and justice. Imo the two are absolutely not the same thing. And no matter how popular revenge is, I would never support it. The father was about protecting his daughter, not avenging her. Big difference. He even showed remorese after the act. So chances are that he would not approve of people cheering him on. Hell, taking another man's life is a traumatic experience in itself. Or so I would think.
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a father of a soon to be 5 year old daughter all I can say is I would have done the exact same thing and lived with the consequences.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see nothing wrong here..in fact i think they should pass a law that states.If you happen to catch a predator in the act of sexually molesting a child you have the right to use deadly force.
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    there is no deception
    the girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and has since been released-said no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story

the newspapers nice way of saying dude was caught ? the lil girl
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P
    It was obviously a misunderstanding.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    He should have took the beat my ass option... smh
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    "Yes he deserved to die, and I hope he burns in hell" *Sam Jackson voice

No doubt.
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? , i would've done the same thing
  • Shesodope4
    Shesodope4 Members Posts: 1
    Options
    He should be a free man anyone in his shoes would have done the same
  • VoluptiousVirgo6
    VoluptiousVirgo6 Members Posts: 55
    Options
    Bless ? For That...That Is Every Man's Worse Nightmare...