ladies how long can you be in a relationship b4 you start to think about marriage?

Options
(UNKNOWN)
(UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
edited June 2012 in The Powder Room
I ask because I been with my girl since high school and every summer for the past 6 years after a wedding or she hear about one of our friends gettin married I get the 3rd degree about when im go ask her to marry me.

Comments

• Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn 6 years though.. you might as well lol.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The question really is do you want to marry her?
    Six years is a minute..
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    I'm pretty sure 60 seconds is a minute.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thanks for that clarification.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ making it literal. You smart, dumb mother ? .
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Six years is a long ass time ? ! Marry that ? ....I mean lady. If we're together for 2+ years and he hasn't mentioned marriage I would start to wonder what games he was trying to play with me.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One year, we gotten engaged. However, like viva said you are taking too long, boo. Figure it out.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Don't listen to these people. Just cause you been with shorty for 6 years don't mean you gotta marry her. If you comfortable now you good b.

And I would have to be with a girl probably at least 5 years before I even think about it.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's time when it's time. If after 4 years I'm still iffy then I'm still iffy
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    lolwtf is marriage
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must co-sign ^^.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If you dont know whether you want to marry her after 6 years. Then you might as well just leave her.
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    I was saying for the past 6 years she been talking about getting married, We been together for over 14 years. she already knew before we had our 1st kid how I felt about marriage and she was cool with it until now..If everything all good in a relationship why mess with it, and she only trip on it after people keep asking her when she go get married, you and Unknown been together forever.

So after hearing all these people ask her that question when they should be minding they ? business she want to come at me with ultimatums, and I ain't going for that ? .

Me and my girl are friends with this other couple that we went to school with and they been together just as long as us, they got married 3 years ago and after 6 months they were split up and hate each other guts.

I just think if your ship is good and it been good for a long time don't go ? with it.

• Sage Wonder
    Options
    14 years and a child together.. you scared of commitment bruh? Do you live together? Why would marriage make anything different that you should seperate?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn after 14 years you don't feel like she deserves to be your wife??
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    I was saying for the past 6 years she been talking about getting married, We been together for over 14 years. she already knew before we had our 1st kid how I felt about marriage and she was cool with it until now..If everything all good in a relationship why mess with it, and she only trip on it after people keep asking her when she go get married, you and Unknown been together forever.

So after hearing all these people ask her that question when they should be minding they ? business she want to come at me with ultimatums, and I ain't going for that ? .

Me and my girl are friends with this other couple that we went to school with and they been together just as long as us, they got married 3 years ago and after 6 months they were split up and hate each other guts.

I just think if your ship is good and it been good for a long time don't go ? with it.

Here's the flaw in using that as an example though..there's nothing that guarantees that couple would have stayed together had they not gotten married either...they may have still broken up after that 6 month period...
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, well 14 years is a lil different!
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Here's the flaw in using that as an example though..there's nothing that guarantees that couple would have stayed together had they not gotten married either...they may have still broken up after that 6 month period...

Co-sign. Whatever issue that made that relationship end was there before they got married.

• sweetheart93
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Damn 14 years dude. Why won't you marry her? You planning to leave her? Marriage won't change anything but if it's important to her, why not just do it.
  • sweetheart93
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^^^ That's ? up. smh.
    I would've left after I found out he didn't want to get married but that's just me.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Damn after 14 years you don't feel like she deserves to be your wife??
    oh ? i didn't read that part......

EDIT: AND THEY GOT A KID????

gon head & marry her ?
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would figure within 3 years you can decide. Longer than that, seems like time is wasting.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro 14 years what the ? ? You're not only wasting your life, but hers as well. The ? kind of ? is this I figured y'all had been together maybe two, but 14 y'all shoulda got married 7 years ago at the least.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real ? breh she can't do nothing to you. She ain't gon leave you so keep doing what you doing. ? that ? .
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    14 years and a child together.. you scared of commitment bruh? Do you live together? Why would marriage make anything different that you should seperate?

marriage makes a lot of ? different

don't do it son, please reconsider

these chicks in the powder room got an agenda they have to push haha