Manny Pacquiao wants Floyd Mayweather next

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/2012/06/manny_pacquiao_wants_floyd_may.html

Manny Pacquiao wants his next fight to be against Floyd Mayweather, but Top Rank boss Bob Arum says he'll have to wait until 2013, blaming Mayweather's incarceration.

"Obviously, the one fight that (Pacquiao) wants is (Floyd) Mayweather. That's the guy he wants to fight," Arum said after having dinner with Pacquiao, his wife and adviser Michael Koncz.

Pacquiao, who is coming off a disputed loss to Timothy Bradley, is slated to fight again this fall, mostly likely Nov. 10. Either a rematch with Bradley or a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez appears next.

Mayweather currently is serving time at Clark County Detention Center for a guilty plea in a domestic violence case involving his ex-girlfriend. His scheduled release date, according to court records, is Aug. 3.

Even though boxing fans have been salivating at the idea of Mayweather and Pacquiao sharing the same ring for nearly three years, Arum says he needs more than few months to pull off that kind of promotion.

bob-arum-mug.jpgBob Arum
"I don't think we have enough time to do it. It won't take place this year," Arum said. "If the Mayweather fight happens, it would probably happen sometime next year."

Arum said people from Mayweather's camp cannot "commit him now for a fight, because you don't understand how debilitating it is living in prison."

Mayweather's attorneys recently field an emergency motion on behalf of the fighter, arguing the Grand Rapids native was suffering from "inhumane" conditions in prison and should be able to serve the remainder of his sentence under house arrest.

That request was denied, and Mayweather's boxing future remains unknown.

A fight against someone such as Amir Khan is possible for December, or maybe Mayweather opts to return to the ring next May, possibly even against Pacquiao.

"Pacquiao will have another fight this year and then look forward to maybe fighting two fights with Mayweather next year," Arum said.

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i think mayweather should offer him $20million now or just tell pac fukk you.

pac needs this ? now because his stock is falling and most likely coming down off that ? .
    he is seeing his mega fight potential slowly slipping away...

honestly he needs to get his ? back from bradley and stop acting like a ? .

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i read the OP, and i disagree with anyone who says that Ray Allen wasn't a star on the team that was battling with J Kidd's Nets back in the day.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I quit on Mayweather/pacquiao...got tired of anticipating it..
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    pac needs this ? now because his stock is falling

i'm sorry, are there ppl that really believe Pac's last fight was a legit loss?

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure mayweather is going to want to have a tune up fight first.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I rather see Mayweather decapitate, and disassemble bradley next May. after he takes out a few tomato cans, so he can get his swagger back.

Pacq ? ass think he's still getting that 40 mill??? LMAO ? outta here, Like pralim said Mayweather should only give that ? 20.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What in the actual ? ..
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ok maybe I'm the only one probably but I been hopin for this fight since late 08 or anytime in 09... Dont get me wrong I still wanna see it still but honestly now I really dont give a ? if they fight anymore even though it will get hella buys
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    I think a Mayweather/Bradley fight would be epic to see..... I just dont know about Pacqauio look at this fuckery SMMFH....

Pacquiao-in-bed-with-3-guys.jpg

50smh.gif
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread about to turn a sharp left.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mayweather duckin Manny...... And Im a black man... But this ? duckin Manny
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when mayweather comes out....he would have lost all his bulk...muscle etc......thats why he wanted "house arresst".....this fight wont happen
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    What in the actual ? ..

*dead*
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »

then take your skin off cause you not worthy of wearing it saying that ? . Damn, I gotta say it..."you don't know ? about boxing"

Talk to Bob Arum ? ...that's your reason right there...Bob ? Arum

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Surprise sur-? -prise. Now, after what's this now three horrible fights in a row for Pac (Clottey, Marquez, and Bradley), Arum wants to consider the Floyd fight after Floyd's locked up?

? outta here. This is like a bad ? in the club shrugging you off until she realizes you own the spot and trying to come back around. Floyd should offer dude 10 mill. That's 30 mill less or -10 mill per wack fight average.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

how is may ducking pac?
    why, because he's locked up now?
    may made all the offers and pac always had a problems with something....so NOW he wants to do what it takes to make the fight.

why NOW?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »
    pac needs this ? now because his stock is falling

i'm sorry, are there ppl that really believe Pac's last fight was a legit loss?

legit or a gift...bradleys the champ and pac need to get his belt back if he is sooo serious about boxing.

why do ppl overlook all the gifts pac got? why wasn't pac a paper champ like they calling bradley? its real easy to take the credit from the black man rather than give it to him. i dont care if the ? is boring or not....he has the belt. i dont care how he got it, pac needs to redeem his loss as a champ otherwise he needs to give up all the belts since they dont matter to him.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manny say dat every year and every year he fight somebody not named mayweather
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is Bob Arum the main road block in the fight actually goin' down? I know Floyd can't stand that dude.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mayweather will need a good amount of time to recoup from jail.he may want to fight somebody else before the fight of the century
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i knew this ? was coming , soon as floyd couldnt train and had to spend time in Jail is when they wanna make an attempt at Floyd ... they know damn well that man is gonna be in all types of out of shape when he comes out ..thats weak as ?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol. why you gotta say that? if your black your expected to be floyd fan?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How Floyd gonna be out of shape lol i thought all ? did in jail was lift weight and fight lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    How Floyd gonna be out of shape lol i thought all ? did in jail was lift weight and fight lol

they dont want him working out in jail