Romans 1:24-32

Options
God-I_Am_Ether
God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Therefore ? also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of ? for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason ? gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their ? for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain ? in their knowledge, ? gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of ? , violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of ? , that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great another ? thread masked by a bible verse. What about all the other sins since none of them out weigh each other? Matter fact Mods please move this ? somewhere where it can die a slow death.
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to hell, who's coming with me?
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was suppossedly a letter to the Romans speaking about ancient Rome.
  • VIBE
    Options
    The whole bible speaks to those in their time, not us.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't read. I don't need to read bible verses to believe.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    VIBE
    2:54PM Posts: 11,260
    The whole bible speaks to those in their time, not us.

This sounds like our time.
  • VIBE
    Options
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    death by ignorance-such a shame
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quality post by IYMR
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree there are some parallels to America.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Thou shalt not ? with or see poppa...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was it over_? that started the ? oreo thread? If so, over_? is going over_? on ? threads.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    could have done better on that pun, munny
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Nope. Oreo thread was not my work.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? King James and his Bible.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the players change, the game stays the same. same stuff still going on, history repeats itself once again...
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    over_? wrote:
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    24 Therefore ? also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of ? for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason ? gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their ? for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain ? in their knowledge, ? gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of ? , violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of ? , that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

mow-the-lawn.gif
  • VIBE
    Options
    So someone tell me how the bible applies to us? Funny how verses are used today towards us when they were obviously towards them.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    *moves thread*

move it to the trash

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    So someone tell me how the bible applies to us? Funny how verses are used today towards us when they were obviously towards them.

You can't be this gullible....

• VIBE
    Options
    You're gullible to believe the bible speaks to our time.

These verses aren't speaking to you ? , Romans 1:7 clearly states Rome is being given the word. So why the ? do people say oh look what ? said to us? It's ROME, not anyone else. Maybe the name of the book "Romans" wasn't clear enough.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    ^^^^ when in Rome.....
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options

These verses aren't speaking to you ? , Romans 1:7 clearly states Rome is being given the word. So why the ? do people say oh look what ? said to us? It's ROME, not anyone else. Maybe the name of the book "Romans" wasn't clear enough.

? ? Let me break it down to you ol' gullible homotional one no need to be so irate..

Key word genius: CONTEXT.

The Word of The Most High is living and active...eternal and unchanging.

So even though it was speaking in those times those same words speak today. Rome was in the height of homosexuality, the actions and it was speaking to those Romans who participated in it and the consequences that followed.

Now people in America today are acting just like those Romans in those days. So those scriptures still applies in present time..it hasn't changed and it's crystal clear. You just refuse to see it.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options

? ? Let me break it down to you ol' gullible homotional one no need to be so irate..

Key word genius: CONTEXT.

The Word of The Most High is living and active...eternal and unchanging.

So even though it was speaking in those times those same words speak today. Rome was in the height of homosexuality, the actions and it was speaking to those Romans who participated in it and the consequences that followed.

Now people in America today are acting just like those Romans in those days. So those scriptures still applies in present time..it hasn't changed and it's crystal clear. You just refuse to see it.