Wait...What? Calls To Destroy Egypts Great Pyramids Begin

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Social Lounge
According to several reports in the Arabic media, prominent Muslim clerics have begun to call for the demolition of Egypt’s Great Pyramids—or, in the words of Saudi Sheikh Ali bin Said al-Rabi‘i, those “symbols of paganism,” which Egypt’s Salafi party has long planned to cover with wax. Most recently, Bahrain’s “Sheikh of Sunni Sheikhs” and President of National Unity, Abd al-Latif al-Mahmoud, called on Egypt’s new president, Muhammad Morsi, to “destroy the Pyramids and accomplish what the Sahabi Amr bin al-As could not.”

This is a reference to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad’s companion, Amr bin al-As and his Arabian tribesmen, who invaded and conquered Egypt circa 641. Under al-As and subsequent Muslim rule, many Egyptian antiquities were destroyed as relics of infidelity. While most Western academics argue otherwise, according to early Muslim writers, the great Library of Alexandria itself—deemed a repository of pagan knowledge contradicting the Koran—was destroyed under bin al-As’s reign and in compliance with Caliph Omar’s command.

frontpagemag.com/2012/raymond-ibrahim/muslim-brotherhood-destroy-the-pyramids/

Comments

• MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like fear mongering but if true the very idea of the destruction of something as magnificent as the Pyramids is utterly unthinkable, especially being that they are the only surviving, almost completely intact, Wonder of the Ancient World.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dome of the Rock needs to be taken down then too.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know muslims hate obelisks and pyramids
    but hey i really hope they wont be destroyed
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Methinks that they getting real close to uncovering whatever we been looking all these years in them pyramids, Zahi Hawass been cockblocking like ? for a minute. Especially after they found that hidden chamber right around the time that so called "revolution" started.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i guess those guys figure they're not quite unlikable enough yet.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Dome of the Rock needs to be taken down then too.

Word. They commandeered another people's holy site. If those muthfuckas destroyed the Pyramids and the Spinx, would people really have a reason to go to Egypt?

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clearly it's America's fault that they wanna do this ? ? . If the US didn't support Israel.....
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i guess those guys figure they're not quite unlikable enough yet.

lol

I'm not sure that I honestly care about the pyramids even though they are interesting and awe inspiring. My problem with what "they" (and I'm not referring to all muslims) are doing is that they feel the need to insert themselves in the affairs of everybody and everything. That's just not feasible, and it's problematic. Worry about your own home. Anyone can feel like what he/she thinks is right, but that doesnt give you the right to go ahead and make it happen. Kind of ironic since I'd bet that these same guys feel that the West has meddled in their affairs.

From what I know, Egypt is mostly Muslim and doesnt completely support their claim of freedom of religion, so there may be some basis for all this. But if the pyramids are to be destroyed, then let the Egyptians do it themselves, not some Muslims from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are out their damn minds.? w/ them ? and watch all end of the world theories start happening for real
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't happening. People have been calling for the destruction of the pyramids for ages now. Notice I said people and not muslims, Muslims are all over Egypt and north/east/west Africa/West Asia, just cause some Saoudi's etc are talking ? doesn't mean it gonna happen.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well since we destroying old ? ...

im going to go shoot like 15 elderly ppl for the cause
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaaaaand another set of extremist morons add reason to hate Islam. Outstanding logic. I still shake my head when I think about how far Egypt fell. On some real ? , I wonder how far Islamic and Christian fundamentalism have set the world back.

Between the Crusades and Islam's razing everything to sand and dust that isn't Allah, I imagine the world has lost some epic knowledge considering everything we've learned from the scraps.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Radical Islam at its best.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Imagine if they could move the Pyramids to a country that could preserve and protect them. That would be an insane if not impossible effort.

The Taliban destroyed Buddhist statues in Afghanistan?
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/archaeology/2001-03-22-afghan-buddhas.htm
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess they can be considered "symbols of paganism".

I've never liked the pyramids anyway.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Imagine if they could move the Pyramids to a country that could preserve and protect them. That would be an insane if not impossible effort.

The Taliban destroyed Buddhist statues in Afghanistan?
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/archaeology/2001-03-22-afghan-buddhas.htm

Haven't read the article, but I remember a history professor of mine going ? in class one day talking about how the Taliban used to test rocket launchers on those statues.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they go through it with it just so I can see the world's reaction.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I hope they go through it with it just so I can see the world's reaction.
    That would have mofuckas thinking the world really will end in December
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at people actually wanting this to happen.Ya know that´s one of Africa's biggest achievements right.Mad knowledge is going to be lost.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm ? but , i could care less about some damn pyramids.
    i did hear they were vortexes. but that's not it neither.
    i'm tired of these son a ? going around bombing and destroying everything. they out there in Mali, starting problems too.
    why can't these no deodorant using, keep their musty ? in the middle east.

This would be a history-making travesty if it's allowed to happen.

didn't the u.s destroyed the ancient library of Sumerian/Babylonian history a few years ago????
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a movement in Islam right now all about destroying things deemed un-Islamic. As of right now, most, if not all of the shrines and tombs they destroy were put up by other Muslims. Not that far from Egypt, in Northern Mali, tombs of Sufi Muslim Sheikhs are being torn down on a fairly regular basis by the Salafi, Al-Qaeda backed group Ansar Al-Din. Its not too hard to imagine the same thing actualized by the same kind of people in Egypt.