What Actors/ Actresses do you see winning 3 Oscars or more

Options
Thegreatone3
Thegreatone3 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Having done some research I've found that Katherine Heburn has won the most awards for acting (4). With Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep, Ingrid Bergman and Walter Brennan (I don't know who they are either) tied on 3. What current actors, actresses do you think can reach that pinnacle of 3 or more Oscar statuettes?

I personally think the following performers are some way up there:

Daniel Day Lewis
Christian Bale
Charlize Theron
Cate Blanchett
Kate Winslet
Leonardo Di Caprio
Denzel Washington
Sean Penn
George Clooney

I chose these people simply because they are respected in the industry and look to have potential in the future due to their film choices and epic nature of their performances. Who would you choose and why?

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i cs your list except for charlize theron & george clooney. clooney's getting older & his film choices have been more serious, so the academy will probly throw him a bone just for being him. but he won't get 3. theron got her shot with monster & i don't see her getting another one of those chances again in her career. plus her film choices haven't been that great since then.

the academy will realize they made a mistake snubbing fassbender for "shame" & give him at least 2 in the next 10 years.

if tom hardy & ryan gosling keep it up, i can see them getting a couple oscars between em when it's all said & done. i'll put anne hathaway in there as well.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can see michael fassbender getting there maybe joseph gordon-levitt. im a fan of his work
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joseph gordon-levitt
    tom hardy
    Ryan gosling
    Michael fassbender
    Emma Stone
    Anne Hathaway
    Rachel McAdams

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Oscars are too political now... I see anyone getting no more than two now
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see only DDL and maybe Denzel getting their 3rd Oscar. As for Leo, he'll probably be snubbed several times, before he gets his long awaited Oscar for some mediocre role.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-Sign DDL And Denzel If He Goes Back To Picking Good Roles....All These New Jacks Are Above Average Nothing Special....I Don't See A Jack Nicholson Or A Meryl Streep Level Actor Amongst Them
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @nawledge_? tom hardy and Fassbinder are both better actors than jack was at that age. Anne (Hathaway) Emma (stone) and Rachel (madams) all have skills.
  • nawledge_god
    Options
    @nawledge_? tom hardy and Fassbinder are both better actors than jack was at that age. Anne (Hathaway) Emma (stone) and Rachel (madams) all have skills.

Im A Fan Of Both Them Dudes But I Got See More Before I Co-sign Such Blasphemy
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @nawledge_? lol I hear you. Jack is a bit overrated though
  • ocelot
    Options
    I thought the same till I saw The Departed... Jack is that ? .
  • nawledge_god
    Options
    @nawledge_? lol I hear you. Jack is a bit overrated though

His Catalogue Is Amazing His Performances In

5 Easy Pieces
    One Flew Over The Cucucoos Nest
    The Shining
    Tim Burton's Batman
    Easy Rider
    The Last Detail
    Chinatown
    etc
    etc
    etc

Puts Him In The Top 10 Easily...But To Each His OWn

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    @ocelot not to say he isn't fire! (He is much better in his later years). He isn't goat status though. Hardy and fassbender are great. Saying they are netter doesn't make jack weak
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Fassbender is GOAT right now. I like Tom Hardy, but he hasn't super impressed me. Christian Bale in the Fighter was superb so if he can do more roles like that as the lead it's possible. I think Don Cheadle could have been the next Denzel if given the opportunity. He could have gotten a few. Black men just aren't given great opportunities so they have to go with what they can get and then decline. Leo will get there eventually. This probably won't fly with most of you, but I really think Zac Efron has some potential if he can get in some good films.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @charles2 I like efron a lot. He has that Disney stigma though. People won't take him seriously.

Hardy bodied Batman and the warrior, and inception and lawless. He reinvents himself
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    @evoljeanyes He just didn't really stand out in a memorable way to me. He was good, don't get me wrong. I'll hold further judgements for when he's the lead though.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    You didn't like warrior?
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot where I heard it but the teen choice award and the mtv movie award noms and winners are pretty much gonna be the future Oscar winners
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Joseph gordon-levitt
    tom hardy
    Ryan gosling
    Michael fassbender
    Emma Stone
    Anne Hathaway
    Rachel McAdams
    really tho @ the bolded?

i like emma stone but she does a lot of comedy. the academy is comprised of all old, white men so she'll be overlooked. i have yet to see a role where rachel mcadams impressed me.

ima throw rooney mara in there. she already impressed the world with girl with the dragon tattoo & i've seen some of her future choices...she has a good shot.
    TheIraq wrote: »
    I forgot where I heard it but the teen choice award and the mtv movie award noms and winners are pretty much gonna be the future Oscar winners
    bunk-the-wire.gif
    that's unfortunate as ? .
  • ocelot
    Options
    Joseph gordon-levitt
    tom hardy
    Ryan gosling
    Michael fassbender
    Emma Stone
    Anne Hathaway
    Rachel McAdams
    really tho @ the bolded?

i like emma stone but she does a lot of comedy. the academy is comprised of all old, white men so she'll be overlooked. i have yet to see a role where rachel mcadams impressed me.

ima throw rooney mara in there. she already impressed the world with girl with the dragon tattoo & i've seen some of her future choices...she has a good shot.
    TheIraq wrote: »
    bunk-the-wire.gif
    that's unfortunate as ? .

The Fighter didnt impress you?
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    Just watched This Means War and if Tom Hardy wants a shot at 3 or more Oscars this isn't the way to get there. It did have Chris Pine who I think is a great actor as well, but he needs to make better choices also. Such high caliber actors in such a "meh" film.
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    @evoljeanyes The Warrior was awesome but it just wasn't a memorable performance to me and I mean that in the literal; I can't remember any part that stood out. Maybe I need to watch it again, but I doubt my opinion would change.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @charles2 I can respect that family! Let me know whatchu think after another watch. Also watch lawless.
  • Thegreatone3
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Just watched This Means War and if Tom Hardy wants a shot at 3 or more Oscars this isn't the way to get there. It did have Chris Pine who I think is a great actor as well, but he needs to make better choices also. Such high caliber actors in such a "meh" film.

I haven't watched the film but for some reason the academy shuns comedy, which is a shame because it still a form of acting. I think Tom Hardy chose the role because he wanted a bit of range in his roles rather than playing the angry guy or very serious roles

• Thegreatone3
    Options
    But I agree with what someone else said above. Michael Fassbender is the man right now. I don't think he'll always be the man though. I heard he has no attachments to any females or kids and so does what he wants now. When those committed girls start coming into it, then it's likely to be a wrap, especially if he falls for them.
  • Thegreatone3
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    @evoljeanyes The Warrior was awesome but it just wasn't a memorable performance to me and I mean that in the literal; I can't remember any part that stood out. Maybe I need to watch it again, but I doubt my opinion would change.

I agree. The warrior had solid performances by both actors but the film was just okay.