What Actors/ Actresses do you see winning 3 Oscars or more

Options

Comments

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ? about oscars. IMO one of the greatest living actors, Gary Oldman, has no oscars. That tells me everything I need to know about the oscars.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @allied when has Goldman carried a film? I feel the same way about Gucci but he doesn't carry films.
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    Options
    i'm glad that some of you are confident that leo dicaprio will get one at some point. i always think of him during the oscars and wonder when they'll pay him the respect he deserves. he's a genius at acting. most of his roles are hard to pull off. he's above average.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    boat1580 wrote: »
    i'm glad that some of you are confident that leo dicaprio will get one at some point. i always think of him during the oscars and wonder when they'll pay him the respect he deserves. he's a genius at acting. most of his roles are hard to pull off. he's above average.

i think if he doesn't get a win as jay gatsby or candy in django unchained (which, let's be real, he probably won't cuz DDL's lincoln movie comes out this year as well), his window will start closing & they'll nominate him for dumb ? . hell they kinda already started to with j. edgar. they ? up snubbing him in '08 for revolutionary road, but again, DDL crushed everybody as daniel plainview in there will be blood.

• Thegreatone3
    Thegreatone3 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah if all goes well Daniel Day Lewis has this ? wrapped up. But in all honesty once Leo gets one I'm pretty sure he won't be able to stop.

What do you guys think of Shi Lebeouf's chances. He's let that Transformers ? go and has started to some really serious roles which look good. I think he has a chance as well
  • Thegreatone3
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Who gives a ? about oscars. IMO one of the greatest living actors, Gary Oldman, has no oscars. That tells me everything I need to know about the oscars.

You sound like your hurt. Yes, he's a very good actor but I don't think he can carry a movie by himself. I don't see people going to see a film just because Gary Oldman is in it. Again he's good but not starring quality.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fassbender is gonna be one of the greatest - if not THE greatest - actors of the next couple decades.

You sound like your hurt. Yes, he's a very good actor but I don't think he can carry a movie by himself. I don't see people going to see a film just because Gary Oldman is in it. Again he's good but not starring quality.

1) Very good? No, he's definitely definitely GREAT.

2) Box-office drawing power has nothing to do with winning Oscars.

3) Can't carry a film? Not starring quality? Did you see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? If it wasn't for that The Artist flick wowing everybody, he would've been a lock for Best Actor this year. Ya'll gotta remember that half the Oscars is politics and what films have awards buzz and who they feel is "due" what etc. If he does more starring roles and supporting roles in "prestige films" instead of blockbusters he'll get at least one eventually.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    shia lebeouf? tbh i haven't seen that ? in anything since even stevens.....lol. none of his movies ever caught my attention. i did wana see the wall street sequel but i never got around to it. i'll see how he does in lawless even tho i'm really checking for everybody BUT him - tom hardy, guy pearce, jessica chastain AND gary oldman??? gonna be dope.
  • Thegreatone3
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Fassbender is gonna be one of the greatest - if not THE greatest - actors of the next couple decades.

1) Very good? No, he's definitely definitely GREAT.

2) Box-office drawing power has nothing to do with winning Oscars.

3) Can't carry a film? Not starring quality? Did you see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? If it wasn't for that The Artist flick wowing everybody, he would've been a lock for Best Actor this year. Ya'll gotta remember that half the Oscars is politics and what films have awards buzz and who they feel is "due" what etc. If he does more starring roles and supporting roles in "prestige films" instead of blockbusters he'll get at least one eventually.

Look, I agree with what your saying cause I think he is an excellent actor, but I don't see people going to see a film because Gary Oldman is in it. He hasn't got the same draw as a Fassbender, Bale or Jeff Bridges (That dude can sell almost any film). And obviously people give a ? about the oscars no matter how much they despise it their still waiting to know the results. I agree as well that its all politics and it needs a bit of a shake up. Maybe get a few younger directors and producers on there. I looked at the people that make these votes and the majority are old as ? so that doesn't really help. I think the only answer is to have a separate movie awards ceremony with the same prestige as the Oscars so they can start stepping their game up, but that won't happen for a long ? time.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    The Fighter didnt impress you?
    rachel mcadams wasn't in the fighter
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    He's not been very visible lately, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman is very easily a top actor. 3 noms, 1 win...if he steps up his projects I wouldn't say 2 more wins is out of the question. He perfect for something really disturbing like a POV movie where he plays a ? or psychopath. Guaranteed nomination.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shia lebeouf? tbh i haven't seen that ? in anything since even stevens.....lol. none of his movies ever caught my attention. i did wana see the wall street sequel but i never got around to it. i'll see how he does in lawless even tho i'm really checking for everybody BUT him - tom hardy, guy pearce, jessica chastain AND gary oldman??? gonna be dope.

I wanna see Lawless BAD. I like Shia, but he's not Oscar quality. Don't know if you saw Disturbia but it's like a teenage version of Rear Window. Surprisingly not too bad.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was thinking of Amy Adams...smh
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I was thinking of Amy Adams...smh
    honest mistake :)
    i really liked her in doubt. what you think about her being the new lois lane?
  • ocelot
    Options
    I think she can pull it off... Shes attractive, but not gorgeous and I think thats important.
    I think shes can be quick wit with a little bit of feistiness in her.

what do you think?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I wanna see Lawless BAD. I like Shia, but he's not Oscar quality. Don't know if you saw Disturbia but it's like a teenage version of Rear Window. Surprisingly not too bad.

yea i was really looking forward to lawless & gangster squad this year but they pushed gangster squad back.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    @ocelot i like her because she can actually act. that's why i didn't really understand why people were going at maggie gyllenhaal in TDK. she's a DA she's not supposed to be a dime.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not been very visible lately, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman is very easily a top actor. 3 noms, 1 win...if he steps up his projects I wouldn't say 2 more wins is out of the question. He perfect for something really disturbing like a POV movie where he plays a ? or psychopath. Guaranteed nomination.

PSH Is A Beast ..Surprised No One Has Mentioned Him ...Including Myself...Dude Went Toe To Toe With Meryl Streep In Doubt....
  • ocelot
    Options
    @ocelot i like her because she can actually act. that's why i didn't really understand why people were going at maggie gyllenhaal in TDK. she's a DA she's not supposed to be a dime.

when I come back home from my deployment... im driving up north to take you to see it with me... San Diego to where you are is 9 hrs right?...lol
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    LOLOLOLOL yea somethin like that

ima be waitin for you then ? . i'm hella excited for man of steel!
  • ocelot
    Options
    Gabi please don't tell me you're a Pisces... You was born March 24 which makes you a Aries right?...right???
  • Thegreatone3
    Options

You know what after I saw Secretary I though Maggie Gyllenhal is quite hot as well as in Dark Knight. She has a kind of weird face but she's a bit of alright. She's not a bad actress either.

• Thegreatone3
    Options
    If I'm honest I've never really been a big Superman fan. I did though enjoy the Christopher Reeves film where he is duking it out against those 3 superhumans.
  • Thegreatone3
    Options
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman is that dude also. Saw him in comedy films first, but in doubt he was amaaaazing. He's gonna be in a new film about Scientology I believe playing the founder of the religion, although they don't actually mention the name of the religion
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Gabi please don't tell me you're a Pisces... You was born March 24 which makes you a Aries right?...right???
    i am most definitely a pisces, my brotha.