worst Eddie Murphy movie

Options
L.O.S.T.
L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
My wife convinced me to watch Norbit last night. It was horrible. What do you guys think is his worst movie.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    anyhting after 2000
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anything after pluto nash has been butt crumbs
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should had never made Beverly Hills 3.......as a rule sequels are bad (but BH2 was good) ...he should had just stop there............and not do another movie until the first Nutty Professor movie...(that soundtrack was underrated great)
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got damn... dr. Dolittle is a movie that 100% did not need a sequel
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    Life is probably his best movie
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish i could get the time back i wasted watching Norbit
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pluto Nash wasnt that bad
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pluto Nash was pretty trash….that alien one was double asstastic as well…I haven't seen tower heist even though I have Im just afraid to waste 2hrs of life on it
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eddie is not only the highest grossing Black Actor of all time but the highest grossing Comedian of all time. Sadly it's true, ever since he stopped doing ranchy comedies in favor for kid friendly movies, his career fell off. The Shrek movies and Dreamgirls were his only saving grace in the 2000's decade. Most of his movies from the Late 90's-2000's were terrible. His worst movies though are "Pluto Nash" one of the biggest flops ever. "Meet Dave" which was corny. "A Thousand Words" which he just released I heard was terrible, I mean Eddie Murphy not talking? really?. "Showtime" with Robert Deniro was really bad. "I spy" wasn't good. "Tower Heist" was ok but Eddie original idea was to have all the famous Black Comedians "Himself, Chris Tucker, Martin, Cedric the Enterainer, Dave Chapelle) star in the movie but of course they had to "White Wash" it with Ben Stiller and Matthrew Brodderk. "Norbit" was OK, but it felt like he was trying to do "The Nutty Professor" all over again playing all the characters. Overall Eddie needs to stop this garbage PG ? and get back to 1980's Eddie with that R-rated ? comedy. And Please no Beverly Hills Cop 4, After Part 3 the series needs to die cause they messed it up so bad.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    What I want to know is, how Eddie Murphy got a straight pass for denying his child then openly saying he didn't want anything to do with the child yet he still doing family man films lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    highest grossing black actor?

i'd like to see the source on that.. cuz i'd think will smith or samuel l jackson woulda topped eddie...
  • rapmastermind
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    highest grossing black actor?

i'd like to see the source on that.. cuz i'd think will smith or samuel l jackson woulda topped eddie...

Sam is the highest but he's mostly a supporting actor in a majority of his movies. I'm talking about Highest Grossing Black Actor as the STAR of his films. But those are the top 3, Eddie, Will and Sam:

Boxofficemojo.com:

Eddie: $7,161,217,289 Worldwide
    Smith: $6,128,735,031Worldwide
    Jackson: $11,717,554,384 Worldwide
  • HassanCHOP
    HassanCHOP Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    norbit is funny az ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda liked Showtime. I seen a movie with him on USA bout a month ago. Never got the name of the movie but ? was pure garbage. He was driving a big red truck. He was a hostage negotiator. Micheal Rappaport was in the movie. ? was just bad all around.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meet Dave was ass
  • RawAce
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I kinda liked Showtime. I seen a movie with him on USA bout a month ago. Never got the name of the movie but ? was pure garbage. He was driving a big red truck. He was a hostage negotiator. Micheal Rappaport was in the movie. ? was just bad all around.

rofl
    i laffed jus at the description of the movie

rofl @ eddie murphy, hostage negotiator.... driving a big red truck

wtf
  • RawAce
    Options
    oh
    and Bowfinger
    that movie was bad.
    he must finance his own ? cause i dont see how any studio can greenlight these crazy ideas
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hated I Spy......
  • rapmastermind
    edited July 2012
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

That was called "Metro" came out in 1997, that's about the time his bad movie streak started I actually saw it on the Big Screen for my 17th Birtday as a gift and I remember walking out like "What a birthday Present, thanks Eddie" lol:

220px-Metro_movie_eddie_murphy.jpg

• rapmastermind
    Options
    Believe it or not these 2 Eddie movies where hits for him this decade outside of Shrek both dropped in 2003:

220px-Daddy_Day_Care_movie.jpg

220px-Haunted_mansion_ver3.jpg
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I liked Showtime with De Niro... i can see why others thinks it bad tho...

Yeah Metro was the first tho... he tried to cross over but he didnt have the right team...
    You dont try to carry a movie by yourself when you crossover...