yes america......your kids are dumb....i went back to 8th grade today

Options
ATTS
ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
I am doing a paper for my graduate school on the american education system....and for the paper I get to visit class rooms from kindergateen to 12th grade .....
and let me just say I am NOT impressed with the teachers and the school system....like in the 4th grade.....this ? barely knew the multiplication table....
They are sooooo focused on this smart phone ? its insane....I visited the 8th grade today (an history class)...smh....how da ? do you NOT know who mussolini is but you can quote me a drake lyric? We gots to do better.......
I go to a 9th grade class tomorrow.....

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mussolini?...Macaroni?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school
  • ATTS
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

i get to do that in the 10th and 11th grades......then back to 12th grade public school.....it will be interesting to see the difference.....
    what really ? me off is that kid in the 4th grade didnt know the mulitplication table....4 times 4 is 8 he said.....I was like WTF?!?

• Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote:
    smh....how da ? do you NOT know who mussolini is but you can quote me a drake lyric?

I don't think that's unusual...

• Bussy_Getta
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

i get to do that in the 10th and 11th grades......then back to 12th grade public school.....it will be interesting to see the difference.....
    what really ? me off is that kid in the 4th grade didnt know the mulitplication table....4 times 4 is 8 he said.....I was like WTF?!?

I'm actually really interested to hear about the differences you see. All the kids I know that went to private schools we're usually smarter but it could be a coincidence.
  • ATTS
    edited July 2012
    Options
    school paper my ass

?

LOL....... my teacher set it up....... I didnt just wake up and say ima visit a 4th grade class today..... (you must have one of those dumb kids)

• twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In what area are these schools?
  • ATTS
    Options
    Private schools FTW
    or
    Home school

I'm actually really interested to hear about the differences you see. All the kids I know that went to private schools we're usually smarter but it could be a coincidence.

I will post the paper on the board when i am done.....
    I will also visit a catholic high school just to see how that system works compared to the other private schools.......will assess if religion plays a difference in the teaching....... Main thing is I have ONLY seen one teacher truly dedicated in a public school.....it seemed like the other teachers gave half-assed efforts imo..........
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the kids I knew that went to Private schools where pretty ? dumb.
  • ATTS
    edited July 2012
    Options
    twinzmom wrote: »
    In what area are these schools?

I go to different counties in MD....so I will be all over to get a fair representation of the school system........ @twinzmom
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    school paper my ass

?

LOL....... my teacher set it up....... I didnt just wake up and say ima visit a 4th grade class today..... (you must have one of those dumb kids)

ur teacher grooming you to be a ? ?
    ? my son is 2 and know more than that class you visited

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point, public schools aren't ? but daycares. Parents more concerned about behavior than whether a kid learned something
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    it's no surprise since america is behind countries like mexico and estonia when it comes to education. how the hell are kids in practically a 3rd world country smarter than kids in "the greatest country in the world" smh.

Because education isnt a priority here sadly.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Options
    @Pico, I'm just sayin', most young kids listen to the radio and watch music videos... Why would it be unusual for a 4th grader to quote a recent song lyric, but not know anything about an Italian dictator who ruled during World War II?
  • ATTS
    Options
    it's no surprise since america is behind countries like mexico and estonia when it comes to education. how the hell are kids in practically a 3rd world country smarter than kids in "the greatest country in the world" smh.

what i need now is how do we fix it? Give me ideas for a solution............. i really could STOP going after the 9th grade b/c I have seen enough of to get a synopsis but the teachers have to sign off on it that i visited...smh

• Bussy_Getta
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Pico, I'm just sayin', most young kids listen to the radio and watch music videos... Why would it be unusual for a 4th grader to quote a recent song lyric, but not know anything about an Italian dictator who ruled during World War II?

Because the lil ? should be paying attention to whats going on in history class!

You trollin right?!?!?
  • ATTS
    Options
    school paper my ass

?

ur teacher grooming you to be a ? ?
    ? my son is 2 and know more than that class you visited

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options

what i need now is how do we fix it? Give me ideas for a solution............. i really could STOP going after the 9th grade b/c I have seen enough of to get a synopsis but the teachers have to sign off on it that i visited...smh

It starts with the parents... nothing you can really do IMO.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Options

Because the lil ? should be paying attention to whats going on in history class!

You trollin right?!?!?
    I aint sayin' it's right... Just that I don't think it's so unusual.

And nah... Trollin' is for lames. (See ether-i-am / over_? )
  • ATTS
    edited July 2012
    Options

...and teachers getting an online teaching education (6 month certificate).........lmao.....For example: .i saw a substitute teaching who got his certificate online....didnt know ? .....was unorganized....didnt give a ? ......

• Bussy_Getta
    Options

...and teachers getting an online teaching education (6 month certificate).........lmao......i saw a substitute teaching who got his certificate online....didnt know ? .....was unorganized....didnt give a ? ......

Cause nobody wants to teach these lil raggamuffins so the school system gotta hire whomever is willing. Again I blame the parents (not all tho) because if you got an aint ? parent you probably aint gon be ? either *shrug*
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope you get beat up when you go to your next class ?
  • ATTS
    Options

...and teachers getting an online teaching education (6 month certificate).........lmao......i saw a substitute teaching who got his certificate online....didnt know ? .....was unorganized....didnt give a ? ......

Cause nobody wants to teach these lil raggamuffins so the school system gotta hire whomever is willing. Again I blame the parents (not all tho) because if you got an aint ? parent you probably aint gon be ? either *shrug*

hahahhaaaaaaaaaa........ raggamuffins