and he's helping me defeat.

I've got an angel
who watches me as I lay in bed at night
As I question the universe with all my heart and might
Somewhere between deep and dreaming
A sweet sound of an angel came in streaming
He tells me;
I am the voice of all souls present and past
I am the spirit who saunters in the breeze.
I am the sun that shines bright with little effort and ease.
I am you, I am me. I am us. I am we...
I am the man you yearn to be nearer.
I am the voice of the wind, soft and shrilling.
I am the sweet sounding music of water trickling.
I am the embrace of our Earth Mother.
I am the love of our Heavenly Father.
During the gentle rain, I am the water that nourishes every living thing.
Even in the coldest of hearts. I am the fire that burns...
Never still from dusk to dark.
Dear child of ours, theirs, and mines.
Don't be shy to ask, When? How? or why?
Some questions will go unanswered even as hard as you try.
And some questions answers forever unquestioned with every breath and sigh.
You are always the teacher and forever the mother.
Never ever be afraid to ask and comment
I am you, I am me. I am us. I am we.
As the eagle saunters through the sky, he never asks where or why.
When dreams seems further than the stars above...
Fill your heart with songs, laughter and love.
Forever and ever since time begin..All that is and is that I am
it is every bit a part of our wonderous ? 's plan
I'm the angel that you've got..

- Pacfan 7/6/10

Comments

• blackphysics
    blackphysics Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Great poem as always, cant wait until I read the rest of it!!!
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    you gotta be careful when you got good love,
    because the angels keep on mulitplying,
    but your so busy changing the world
    just one smile could change mines

Those lines just stood out to me. Very nice, keep up the good work.
  • Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Keep doing ya thang sweetie!!!
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the props guys. (Physics, Legend, yaka)

I've just updated and completed the remaining piece.
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *claps*

this is an amazing piece...i'm so moved by this on so many levels...especially these lines:

I am the voice of all souls present and past
    I am the spirit who saunters in the breeze.
    I am the sun that shines bright with little effort and ease.
    I am the man you yearn to be nearer.
    I am the voice of the wind, soft and shrilling.
    I am the sweet sounding music of water trickling.
    I am the embrace of our Earth Mother.
    I am the love of our Heavenly Father.

man......*claps*

excellent work as always...keep droppin those motivational words of encouragement called poetry my fellow poetress

peace
  • VSOP
    VSOP Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn GREAT piece ms pacfan

I gotta agree with Real P-those few "I AM" lines were strong

I loved it-got me a lil motivated to write a lil suttin suttin lol
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    definitely diggin this.
  • Tupacfan
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Real P,

Thanks for the standing oviation LOL. That's what's up tho, I'm glad you enjoyed this drop and it touched you on many levels... That's what my poetry suppose to do.. Make ya'll feel to relate and insipre..

At VSOP,

Thanks for reading, this one was something to exhale about.. Had to share it with ya'll. Glad I could motivate you..

What a surprise Kid!

;-) thanks for droppin on by and taking the time to read this jawn! Glad to know you can diggs it :-D
  • VSOP
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    At VSOP,

Thanks for reading, this one was something to exhale about.. Had to share it with ya'll. Glad I could motivate you..

What a surprise Kid!

;-) thanks for droppin on by and taking the time to read this jawn! Glad to know you can diggs it :-D

no doubt-I always love your pieces cuz you know its gonna be straight from the heart

everynownthen someone writes that piece that you can picture them standin on stage with a bright light and a dark crowd, reciting and its just powerful..ya feel me?

thats what this piece is

stick to your the quote in your sig and keep expressin
  • Tupacfan
    edited July 2010
    Options
    VSOP wrote: »
    no doubt-I always love your pieces cuz you know its gonna be straight from the heart

everynownthen someone writes that piece that you can picture them standin on stage with a bright light and a dark crowd, reciting and its just powerful..ya feel me?

thats what this piece is

stick to your the quote in your sig and keep expressin

Awww thanks vsop,

And you know, I created this piece while practicing my guitar, just playing a few strings and tryna sing LOL LOL and it all came together.. In the furture I def would like to orchestrate this.. But first I need more practice with the guitar..

And no doubt vsop, I write straight from the heart.. and that sig is def gon stick around.. I was thinking of replacing it wit Jim Carrols quote from one of his literature material.. but since you mentioned it, its gonna stay LOL.
  • VSOP
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Awww thanks vsop,

And you know, I created this piece while practicing my guitar, just playing a few strings and tryna sing LOL LOL and it all came together.. In the furture I def would like to orchestrate this.. But first I need more practice with the guitar..

And no doubt vsop, I write straight from the heart.. and that sig is def gon stick around.. I was thinking of replacing it wit Jim Carrols quote from one of his literature material.. but since you mentioned it, its gonna stay LOL.

lol playin the guitar huh? if I had a dollar for everytime I sat around, playin the guitar and a poem popped in my head i'd have about..........................................? i'd owe about $5, who am I kiddin lol
  • Tupacfan
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol playin the guitar huh? if I had a dollar for everytime I sat around, playin the guitar and a poem popped in my head i'd have about..........................................? i'd owe about $5, who am I kiddin lol

lol at your response with owing 5 dollas..

yea i plays the guitar (well I'm learning) lol.

Really tho, you should try it, or even pick up the sax, and recite a few of your jawns, that would be nice...

I had to venture out, I was inspired by many of the older poets like the ones in the last 30's to 40's.. or even 50's. They got story to tell by implementing an instrument to it.. u should try it tho..
  • VSOP
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol at your response with owing 5 dollas..

yea i plays the guitar (well I'm learning) lol.

Really tho, you should try it, or even pick up the sax, and recite a few of your jawns, that would be nice...

I had to venture out, I was inspired by many of the older poets like the ones in the last 30's to 40's.. or even 50's. They got story to tell by implementing an instrument to it.. u should try it tho..

I tried playin the guitar when I was younger lol my a.d.d. wouldnt let me

I did play trumpet, trombone etc since my folks were both music ministers in the church-had to play somethin

im a big fan of spoken word, especially to a beat (ie Big Rube)-Id like to jump on stage and jus recite a piece and get some feedback but theres nowhere where im stayin at now that does it-maybe once I get back to Orlando, I might be able to find a spot-thats where I wanna take my writing next. I know thatll help me grow by listening to other poets instead of jus readin pieces ya feel me?
  • Tupacfan
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I tried playin the guitar when I was younger lol my a.d.d. wouldnt let me

I did play trumpet, trombone etc since my folks were both music ministers in the church-had to play somethin

im a big fan of spoken word, especially to a beat (ie Big Rube)-Id like to jump on stage and jus recite a piece and get some feedback but theres nowhere where im stayin at now that does it-maybe once I get back to Orlando, I might be able to find a spot-thats where I wanna take my writing next. I know thatll help me grow by listening to other poets instead of jus readin pieces ya feel me?

The Trumpet an trombone! that was my like my favorite part of HS band lol. I do play the clarinet very well tho.

And where you at? every place should have like a stand up open mic type of jawn.. Yea I'm a big fan of spoken word, I perform now and then, my last open mic performance was about 2 weeks ago or 3 if I'm not mistaken, I had rocked the house of blues here in phoenix, that ? was fiyah.. I had 1 solo performance and 2 more performance, one with the help of a local beat box master, and another with like 3 individuals almost a band like type... it was nice tho, it was my first performance since Janurary. I'm gon hafta post some videos sometimes, I have a few old ones but I'm gon be taking my ? live from now on lol.

I do highly recommend that you join like some poet club or poet's group in your local area, it helps you grow and be inspired. I joined this local poetry club, it was off the chain. At first i was like hell na, you ain't gon find me in no poet club haha.. esp with bunch of ol folks but then it has turned out to be the best thing I've done for myself (creative wise) and I think this also help me grow as a poet too..Sadly it has dismantle because some relocated. And you should def. perform some of your material, you will inspire others and it also gives you a boost of confidence and motivation.
  • VSOP
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The Trumpet an trombone! that was my like my favorite part of HS band lol. I do play the clarinet very well tho.

And where you at? every place should have like a stand up open mic type of jawn.. Yea I'm a big fan of spoken word, I perform now and then, my last open mic performance was about 2 weeks ago or 3 if I'm not mistaken, I had rocked the house of blues here in phoenix, that ? was fiyah.. I had 1 solo performance and 2 more performance, one with the help of a local beat box master, and another with like 3 individuals almost a band like type... it was nice tho, it was my first performance since Janurary. I'm gon hafta post some videos sometimes, I have a few old ones but I'm gon be taking my ? live from now on lol.

I do highly recommend that you join like some poet club or poet's group in your local area, it helps you grow and be inspired. I joined this local poetry club, it was off the chain. At first i was like hell na, you ain't gon find me in no poet club haha.. esp with bunch of ol folks but then it has turned out to be the best thing I've done for myself (creative wise) and I think this also help me grow as a poet too..Sadly it has dismantle because some relocated. And you should def. perform some of your material, you will inspire others and it also gives you a boost of confidence and motivation.

lol a boost of confidence is the last thing i need lol im already too damn cocky n confident

I'm in Fla's Panhandle now and theres nothin-i'm gonna hafta wait till i get back home to Orlando

im impressed that youve done it already-you jus got up on stage and recited? cuz my thing is I've written so much that when I start reciting, ill either get it confused with another piece or my ? will jus start freestylin and go to left field with the topic

you should def post one of those videos though
  • Tupacfan
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol a boost of confidence is the last thing i need lol im already too damn cocky n confident

I'm in Fla's Panhandle now and theres nothin-i'm gonna hafta wait till i get back home to Orlando

im impressed that youve done it already-you jus got up on stage and recited? cuz my thing is I've written so much that when I start reciting, ill either get it confused with another piece or my ? will jus start freestylin and go to left field with the topic

you should def post one of those videos though

LOL at your already confident and cocky... Ooooo look at you LOL. Your probably def. Stage material then LOL. A lot of ppl lack confidence when they get on stage, I've had those experince and awkward ass situations too.

yea I've done it before, jumped onstage, grabbed the mic and recited my poem.. And then theirs times I just come up with something off top, not thoroughly thought, planned, or written out and go with the flow. I have been using other people to help me with my delivery tho.. Such as beat boxer, a saxaphone player or a guitarist.

I'm gon see what I can do and post one of the old vids, its not launched to the computer still on my video recorder so once that's uploaded I'll def bless it with ya'll..
  • VSOP
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL at your already confident and cocky... Ooooo look at you LOL. Your probably def. Stage material then LOL. A lot of ppl lack confidence when they get on stage, I've had those experince and awkward ass situations too.

yea I've done it before, jumped onstage, grabbed the mic and recited my poem.. And then theirs times I just come up with something off top, not thoroughly thought, planned, or written out and go with the flow. I have been using other people to help me with my delivery tho.. Such as beat boxer, a saxaphone player or a guitarist.

I'm gon see what I can do and post one of the old vids, its not launched to the computer still on my video recorder so once that's uploaded I'll def bless it with ya'll..

yeah me on stage dont get along lol cockiness can only carry you so long ya feel me? lol

thats prolly number 1 on my list of ? i wanna do with my poetry

jus get on stage-close my eyes and jus go
  • Tupacfan
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah me on stage dont get along lol cockiness can only carry you so long ya feel me? lol

thats prolly number 1 on my list of ? i wanna do with my poetry

jus get on stage-close my eyes and jus go

Go to an open mic show as soon as you get back to Orlando and perform one of your pieces and lemme know how it went..
  • VSOP
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Go to an open mic show as soon as you get back to Orlando and perform one of your pieces and lemme know how it went..

will do mama-i know its gonna feel crazy gettin up in front of everyone cuz im a loud ass person by myself, unTIL i get put on the spot lol but I definitely wanna do it

thanks for the motivation!
  • Tupacfan
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No Doubt VSOP,

I think you will do great for your first ever performance! Just gowith the flow, it would be nice if you could add like a beat boxer to your delivery, because your jawn be like poetry freestyle.. Think about it!! But you would also need to get someone that's good at beat boxing ha goodluck!
  • VSOP
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No Doubt VSOP,

I think you will do great for your first ever performance! Just gowith the flow, it would be nice if you could add like a beat boxer to your delivery, because your jawn be like poetry freestyle.. Think about it!! But you would also need to get someone that's good at beat boxing ha goodluck!

lol umm yeah no beatboxes round my way lol i could jus get someone ? enough to try and ill jus try to keep up to them spittin all over the stage lol
  • Tupacfan
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ewwww at spittin LOL.. Hell na, not for your first stage appearance.. Not a good look son! LOL.

Man, you need to come out west, the poetry hype is up to par.. You'll be amazed of some of the performances that are ochestrated.

Orlando is big tho, I mean their gotta be some nice beat boxers around the way, I know its not all college grown gator folks down south LOL.. wait a minute tho, I've never been to Orlando so WTF do I know LOL..

Do ya thang bwoy! Rip the mic...
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Tupacfan
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    it isnt good

what isn't good??

Be specific..
  • Tupacfan
    edited August 2010
    Options
    aye kimi,

Thanks for taking the time read one of my jawns, I love this piece as well, and thats everyones favorite part as well ^^^^ so glad you enjoyed it!

Yea I'm not familiar with who shootemwon is so who cares LOL.

Peace Out!