Name the most overrated and underrated Comic bookcharacters

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyclops to me is Overrated. I mean the dude has had years of training under him i get that. But other than his eyes he dont go now power does he? dudes goin toe to toe with peeps like Cap, various super enhanced heroes and sometimes coming out victorious. I know hes good at strategy but cmon, so is cap.

Black Panther is Underrated to me. Dude is awesome and seems to never get his shine.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolverine Isn't Overrated Just Overexposed...Now Bats Is A Different Story Completely
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolverine wack ass definitely overrated.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't really think of any good overrated examples right now. But, Beta Ray Bill is DEFINITELY underrated.

People forget that this ? best Thor and took Mjolnir from him when they 1st fought. Then he turned around and best Thor again when Odin made them fight for the right to wield Mjolnir outright; He spared Thor's life during that fight to the finish.

Dude was so trill that Odin had his ? create Stormbreaker for Bill.

? is Thor's equal, pretty much. Prior to Bill's 1st appearance, no one other than Odin had been able to lift Mjolnir. If that ain't gangsta, I dunno what is.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't really think of any good overrated examples right now. But, Beta Ray Bill is DEFINITELY underrated.

People forget that this ? best Thor and took Mjolnir from him when they 1st fought. Then he turned around and best Thor again when Odin made them fight for the right to wield Mjolnir outright; He spared Thor's life during that fight to the finish.

? is Thor's equal, pretty much. Prior to Bill's 1st appearance, no one other than Odin had been able to lift Mjolnir. If that ain't gangsta, I dunno what is.

And some trill ? tried to lift it...Bet Ray is definitely a goon...

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta- ray bill nice drop...he is the only ? that be sonning Thor...them ? knocked each other out for mjornin Thor just got up last. And thor was not going all out g. Thor is too powerful for b.ray bizzle...Thor stay underestimating folks. Bill thither it out though...good drop
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolverine wack ass definitely overrated.

Damn, I'm torn. I want to defend Wolvie, but you are a fellow Cowboy fan so I don't know what to do....
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolverine is like Worf from Star Trek The Next Generation to me. Talks a big game, but when it comes down to actually throwing down get's their ass kicked... A lot.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can only lift mjolnir if you're worthy and Bill is one of the few, but he's not the only one. Captain America also lifted it, as well as Dargo..The battle between Bill and Thor was a stalemate, but Bill recovered quicker due to them being in his environment. Thor is more powerful than Bill

• jaxn
    Options
    Beta- ray bill nice drop...he is the only ? that be sonning Thor...them ? knocked each other out for mjornin Thor just got up last. And thor was not going all out g. Thor is too powerful for b.ray bizzle...Thor stay underestimating folks. Bill thither it out though...good drop

right, Thor can turn it up a few notches when he wants to, see Air Walker as an example
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lol that dude looks exactly like thor except a dog version. Never heard of him. hope he appears in the current series.
  • jaxn
    Options
    he looks the same because of the hammer. When he was revived by Odin during the Starmasters arc (iirc that arc), the Surfer synthesized the odinpower giving him a new look. He's like a brother or something now.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    I just copped my issues of Beta Ray Bill's 1st appearances in Thor (#337 to #340). I found all of them except #337 @ this comic book store here that has all kinda nostalgic ? in there (i.e., Shogun Warriors, Ultra Man, Star Blazers, etc).

I had to grab #337 from offa eBay. Just more ? for the collection.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    How do you guys feel about malekith as the villilain in the new Thor?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Wolverine doesn't get his ass whooped bybanybody he is supposed to beat and he beats a lot of people he shouldn't. He is not really overrated. Just stop n go fans equate him to trill characters but any comic book head knows...when you get to guys like iron man and up wolverine is assed out...though I think wolverine would cut right through the iron suit lol
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    I read somewhere today that Thanos is supposed to be the villain in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Might be a good look, especially in as far as connecting the cosmic heroes to the regular movie Marvel universe.

Now if only they (Marvel's movie division) could get the rights to Galactus and the Silver Surfer characters back, Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer and company all showing up in Avengers 2 would be bananas.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Warlock the ? ! I think he will show up in Guardians. He is too powerful for avengers 2
    ..the villain would have to be crazy...Thanos will awesome on screen.

Yeah marvel needs surfer, spidey, punisher, daredevil, ghostrider, and wolverine back now...

Galactus would be trill on camera...marvel ? don't want it with Gal
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Warlock the ? ! I think he will show up in Guardians. He is too powerful for avengers 2

Yeah marvel needs surfer, spidey, punisher, daredevil, ghostrider, and wolverine back now...

I was so ? off when i saw Galactus in FF2. i was like WTF IS THIS CLOUD?!

and a new Punisher and Daredevil movie would be cool i like what they did with the new Spiderman, way better than Sam Raimi's version imo.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

I was so ? off when i saw Galactus in FF2. i was like WTF IS THIS CLOUD?!

and a new Punisher and Daredevil movie would be cool i like what they did with the new Spiderman, way better than Sam Raimi's version imo.

Lmfao at "what is this cloud" fox and Sony are bitchmade for not handing the characters over.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    so ya'll would have instead preferred a giant purple CGI character or guy in a costume, either way any attempt to put the comic book version of Galactus in that movie would've looked super cornball.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to love watching the xmen cartoon but seeing wolverine act like a little school girl around Jean just made him lose tons of cool points. smh.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now consider what Hulk did to dude during Planet Hulk. His peoples had to pull him off dat ? lol
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Overrated

Hulk: they made way to powerful in that WWH arc dude could pull a planet together with his hands smh

Franklin Richards: this lil ? can do anything he want literally. now gonna have him beating Galactus gtfoh

Batman: so if this ? preps he can beat Wolverine or The Hulk? smdh

Gladiator: so they saying he can break a planet with a punch smh

Underrated

Cyclops: the ? is a strategic genius and always got his mind on the next move

Magneto: he can control a constant power that never runs out of juice

Kitty Pryde: (dont laugh) if she wanted to she could phase through you and take your brain out of your head

Susan Richards: the most powerful FF member she can beat the Hulk

Juggernaut: the most powerful villian there is but they have written as basically a henchman and a bank robber. He has limitless power

co-signature on everybody but kitty........
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Wolverine doesn't get his ass whooped bybanybody he is supposed to beat and he beats a lot of people he shouldn't. He is not really overrated. Just stop n go fans equate him to trill characters but any comic book head knows...when you get to guys like iron man and up wolverine is assed out...though I think wolverine would cut right through the iron suit lol

thanks for saying that about wolvie, i wanted to, but couldn't go against a fellow cowboy fan

• I Am Him
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Overrated

Hulk: they made way to powerful in that WWH arc dude could pull a planet together with his hands smh

Franklin Richards: this lil ? can do anything he want literally. now gonna have him beating Galactus gtfoh

Batman: so if this ? preps he can beat Wolverine or The Hulk? smdh

Gladiator: so they saying he can break a planet with a punch smh

Underrated

Cyclops: the ? is a strategic genius and always got his mind on the next move

Magneto: he can control a constant power that never runs out of juice

Kitty Pryde: (dont laugh) if she wanted to she could phase through you and take your brain out of your head

Susan Richards: the most powerful FF member she can beat the Hulk

Juggernaut: the most powerful villian there is but they have written as basically a henchman and a bank robber. He has limitless power

co-signature on everybody but kitty........

keep kitty, bounce cyclops