Iphone users, what are you expecting from the Iphone 5?

Options
DNB1
DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in IllTek
Unveiled Sept 14th...

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/28/apple-to-introduce-iphone-5--ipad-mini-at-separate-events/

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/21/iphone-5-front-panel-photos-leaked/

Personally, I'm still happy wid the Iphone 4 but am due an upgrade in November...Was thinking about checking for the Samsung until I see how they got ethered in court for stealing Apple technology...so it's about this new Iphone now...only thing I hope for is that it runs at the same speed as the Samsung 3s or faster...

Thoughts?

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some love me long time
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new iPhone will destroy all when it comes out (AS USUAL). I am glad they didnt stray to far from the iPhone4's design and just made it a little larger to accommodate a larger screen and went with a nice two tone brushed aluminum look like a MacBook Pro. Glad they didnt go to big...I HATE those giant sized phones...? is a joke. The A6 chip is going to be a beast, larger retina display (still the industry leader) NFC chip and of course iOS6.
  • DNB1
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    The new iPhone will destroy all when it comes out (AS USUAL). I am glad they didnt stray to far from the iPhone4's design and just made it a little larger to accommodate a larger screen and went with a nice two tone brushed aluminum look like a MacBook Pro. Glad they didnt go to big...I HATE those giant sized phones...? is a joke. The A6 chip is going to be a beast, larger retina display (still the industry leader) NFC chip and of course iOS6.

Trillness...

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My upgrade kicks in in October. Looks like I found a new phone
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im looking forward to the new Iphone but Im not going to rush out and get it Im good with this 4s, until next summer when my upgrade kick in.
  • rage
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • DNB1
    Options
    Slightly bigger, these official? @rage
  • DNB1
    Options
    So they making the charger smaller?....smh @ having to buy new leads and docking stations
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Slightly bigger, these official? @rage

That's what I wanna know.
  • rage
    Options
    Those aint "official" but those were made from leaked iPhone5 parts...now either its the biggest and greatest hoaxes in modern western civilization or it could 95% of what the iPhone5 is. I am betting on the latter.

Yeah new dock connector...gotta move forward. The new dock connector is going to be a lot more sturdy and easier to use. Wont have to worry which side goes in, also there will be plenty of adapters for legacy connections.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had a 3gs then I switched to the galaxy series which I prefer. They finally made the ? bigger which is a must, I can't stand using my wifes phone because that ? is so small. I'll prolly switch back to the 5 but apple can't get by on just "updating" ? anymore because they actually have competition now.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh

Different dock connector

Better display (resolution)

The biggest upgrades coming from software (maps, lightweight NFC, better Siri, etc.)
  • rage
    Options
    well here it is...fully assembled, no render.

iphone5pics-e1346415437204.jpg

iphonessidecomparison-e1346415858214.jpg

and to answer the question, i expect nothing.

Apple needs to aesthetically update iOS or else they will actually fall to Android.

Absolutely NOT! If anything give it more functionality...the clean and clear aesthetics of iOS ? all over the hideousness that is Android. Though JellyBean looks like a nice update.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how did samsung get ethered? because all their obsolete phones are getting a ban in the us only? they didnt even touch the s3 which is the biggest seller
  • rage
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    how did samsung get ethered? because all their obsolete phones are getting a ban in the us only? they didnt even touch the s3 which is the biggest seller

$1 Billion in damages awarded to Apple and the the older phones wont be the only ones getting a ban. If Apple gets an injunction based on their "bounce back scrolling" patent (which they have already won over Samsung)...then its a wrap.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple keeps saving ? for their next release and dumb ? keeps eating it up.
  • rage
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Apple keeps saving ? for their next release and dumb ? keeps eating it up.

Like every other phone/tv/computer/car/ company....whats your point?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you missed his point...iphone is notorious for adding one upgraded feature per phone...

it took em this long to make it bigger

it took em this long to up the screen resolution

iphone users, no ? , are the biggest dummies when it comes to tech

its like a ? sold you a car with no steering wheel but then sells you another one, at full price, with steering wheel
  • rage
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    you missed his point...iphone is notorious for adding one upgraded feature per phone...

its like a ? sold you a car with no steering wheel but then sells you another one, at full price, with steering wheel

This is such horseshit....EVERY SINGLY PHONE/TECH/CAR Company does the exact same thing. So your telling me there is no difference between the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the S3? No difference between the Droid X and the Droid Whatever the ? came before it?

Secondly the iPhone's resolution has been one of the highest in screen...? HISTORY. Its 326ppi was only beaten 2 years after it was released. Apple only has one phone the iPhone...they release a new one once every year. So of course they add new features when a new product is released. ? fandroids get dumber by the second. Enjoy your "open" Android 2.2.2 or whatever you guys are stuck on...BECAUSE SAMSUNG or HTC or MOTOROLA, or Verizon, or AT&T or whoever dictates when you guys can upgrade.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont all carriers dictate when you can upgrade?
  • rage
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    Dont all carriers dictate when you can upgrade?

No...with Android (aside from the Nexus line) you are dependant on the Manufacturer and then the Carrier. With iOS whenever Apple releases the update you can update. It has nothing to do with who your with.
  • DNB1
    Options
    It's coming...
    Well, they kind of announced it — Apple just sent out a bunch of invitations to media outlets to an event at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco on September 12th. The invite doesn’t explicitly say anything about the iPhone 5, but the graphic on the invite shows a giant “5″ stylized as the date’s shadow.

WHICH TOTALLY MEANS THE iPHONE 5!

According to completely unsubstantiated rumors on tech blogs, the iPhone 5 will have a new two-tone unibody design, a smaller dock connector, 4G LTE, and a larger 4-inch display using Sharp’s IGZO technology.

And you’ll only have to stand in line on a sweaty sidewalk for 6 weeks to get it.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly my point.
    rage wrote: »

This is such horseshit....EVERY SINGLY PHONE/TECH/CAR Company does the exact same thing. So your telling me there is no difference between the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the S3? No difference between the Droid X and the Droid Whatever the ? came before it?

Secondly the iPhone's resolution has been one of the highest in screen...? HISTORY. Its 326ppi was only beaten 2 years after it was released. Apple only has one phone the iPhone...they release a new one once every year. So of course they add new features when a new product is released. ? fandroids get dumber by the second. Enjoy your "open" Android 2.2.2 or whatever you guys are stuck on...BECAUSE SAMSUNG or HTC or MOTOROLA, or Verizon, or AT&T or whoever dictates when you guys can upgrade.

? list all the iphones and their so called new features. I will wait......
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just cracked my iphone 4s screen in a drunken/mushroom trip stupor... looks like I'm gettin the upgrade

gif4.gif
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a side note this thing better have an unmatched camera.. I wanna be takin some borderline DSLR quality photos with my phone