Freemasonry

Options

Comments

• alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't believe in one ? , we just require prospective members to believe in a Higher Power for reasons you can only understand when you become a Brother.. We definitely are not satanist... Actually I've found the rumors and conspiracies associated with us to be FAR more exciting than the reality lol.. Also keep in mind that the meaning of any particular symbol is relative to who is defining it at the particular moment and what their agenda is..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    We don't believe in one ? , we just require prospective members to believe in a Higher Power for reasons you can only understand when you become a Brother.. We definitely are not satanist... Actually I've found the rumors and conspiracies associated with us to be FAR more exciting than the reality lol.. Also keep in mind that the meaning of any particular symbol is relative to who is defining it at the particular moment and what their agenda is..

Interesting because i just had a Brother that i came up with that's in the order give me a flyer to an event at Job Temple #1 in Brooklyn. Job as in reference to the Book of Job. I'm wondering if you do validate aspects of stories (or scrolls) and characters in the bible rather then the ? of the bible? I can't expect to get clear answers from you but i think it is your secrets that make people question your intent.

I suppose you feel that certain information or, perceived truths, retain potency if it is only obtained through ritual rather than handed down freely. To that i say, Buddhist hide nothing but in their view, you still have to work (or meditate and live your life by certain rules) to obtain their universal understanding. I'm not a believer in anything that doesn't offer something that i can test myself, but at least Buddhist have displayed legit principals in the physical realm that anybody can obtain no matter their allegiance.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still trying to understand why to be a mason you have to believe in a higher power.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad I just re-read what I wrote and it could be taken wrong.. When I said we don't believe in one ? I don't mean it as in we think there are multiple Gods.. What I meant was that there is not a Freemason ? .. If you're a Christian and you believe in ? that's cool, if you're a Muslim and you believe in Allah that's cool etc. Honestly comparing the "secrets" of Freemasonry to any type of religious aspect is incorrect simply because we are not a religion, it's like comparing apples to oranges. BlackxChild basically it's kind of an accountability thing if that makes any sense to you.. It's kinda like having a atheist swear under oath to "tell the truth so help me ? ".. If he doesn't hold himself accountable to a higher power then that oath is basically worthless words being uttered.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there is no black masonry lodge in Brooklyn. there's only 2 OFFICIAL lodges and their both white. the only black freemasonry lodge is the Prince Hall & that's in harlem , all that other ? hold no weight.

@Alvarez where are you from? are you black? are u in an all white freemasonry? did u had to do some ? ? to get in??? how long was the pledge process??

#salute
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    there is no black masonry lodge in Brooklyn. there's only 2 OFFICIAL lodges and their both white. the only black freemasonry lodge is the Prince Hall & that's in harlem , all that other ? hold no weight.

@Alvarez where are you from? are you black? are u in an all white freemasonry? did u had to do some ? ? to get in??? how long was the pledge process??

#salute

NO ? THO
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options

#salute

This one not official? Masonic temple 317. It's next to a Catholic Church across from Bishop Loughlin High.
    BrooklynMasonic.jpg

There are three in my vicinity. St. James, Putnam and the one above.

What about the ones on the list?
    http://dlib.nyu.edu/findingaids/html/bhs/arc_147_fraternal_organizations/arc_147_fraternal_organizations.html

Bawse D. Loss. SMH you been saying a lot of ? ? on this site. What's good with that?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

#salute

This one not official? Masonic temple 317. It's next to a Catholic Church across from Bishop Loughlin High.
    BrooklynMasonic.jpg

There are three in my vicinity. St. James, Putnam and the one above.

What about the ones on the list?
    http://dlib.nyu.edu/findingaids/html/bhs/arc_147_fraternal_organizations/arc_147_fraternal_organizations.html

Bawse D. Loss. SMH you been saying a lot of ? ? on this site. What's good with that?

The Brooklyn Masonic Temple at at Clermont and Lafayette Avenues in Fort Greene, Brooklyn is a familiar concert venue to New Yorkers. Built between 1907-09, it was eventually home to 35 lodges and appendant groups, affiliated with the Grand Lodge of New York F&AM. But in spite of the name, the Brooklyn "Masonic Temple" isn't really "Masonic" anymore, at least, not within the realm of regular, recognized Freemasonry. "Counterfeit" might be a more succinct term.

Indeed, Brooklyn is a hotbed of irregular and unrecognized groups calling themselves Freemasons. Brother Oscar Alleyne of Wallkill Lodge No. 627 recently gave a talk on this subject, and reported that there are at least 67 grand lodges operating in New York that are irregular or unrecognized, in addition to the regular and recognized Grand Lodge of New York F&AM and the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of New York..

Still, it regularly appears in reviews of concerts that the "Masons" still own the building. True in name only. Unfortunately, Freemasonry and Masonic can't really be trademarked or copyrighted, and anyone who wants to can stick a square and compass on the door and proclaim themselves a lodge, or if they have more grandiose ambitions, a grand lodge.

this is the offical site of masons and on the lodge locater only show two offical lodges in BK
    http://www.nymasons.org/index.php?option=com_hotspots&view=hotspots&Itemid=412
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Sounds bit like Christianity and different sects. White folks don't want to accept black Masons. Figures.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    so far from what i'm reading Prince Hall accepted Free masonry is for us blacks, i'm hesitant about joining cause i don't see no young ? , it's like they only accept old ass ? . and the old geezers wonder why theirs disconnect wit the youth
    Sounds bit like Christianity and different sects. White folks don't want to accept black Masons. Figures.

For good or ill, the Gate City Lodge No. 2 story in Atlanta has hit the mainstream press.

From an article in today's Atlanta Journal Constitution.

The Grand Lodge of Georgia Free and Accepted Masons, a fraternal organization, is being sued by an Atlanta chapter and its senior officer who say the group’s state leaders are trying to disband the local affiliate because it accepted a black man as a member.

The complaint, filed by Gate City Lodge No. 2 and its head, Michael J. Bjelajac, in DeKalb County Superior Court, also names Douglas Hubert Ethridge of Atlanta, Starling A. “Sonny” Hicks of Stockbridge and W. Franklin Aspinwall Jr. of Kingsland as defendants.

In the 31-page complaint, filed June 18, Bjelajac and Gate City claim when they accepted 26-year-old Victor Marshall into membership last fall, Hicks and Ethridge wrote letters to the state organization. The letters stated allowing a non-white man into the group violated the association’s moral and Masonic laws.

Hicks and Ethridge sought to have Bjelajac expelled from the group and the dissolution of the Gate City chapter, which has 190 members and counted the late Atlanta Mayor William B. Hartsfield among its ranks.

• Jabu_Rule
    Options
    http://princehallny.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Hall_Freemasonry
    Prince Hall Freemasonry (PHF) is a branch of North American Freemasonry composed predominantly of African Americans. Prince Hall Freemasonry consists of independent Grand Lodges, some of which are considered regular by the United Grand Lodge of England.[1]
    Widespread racism and segregation in North America made it impossible for African Americans to join many mainstream lodges, and many mainstream Grand Lodges in North America refused to recognize as legitimate the Prince Hall Lodges and Prince Hall Masons in their territory

So you quote an article about white folks going ape ? over including one black guy. SMH.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    smh @ this fuckery, Looks like Prince Hall holds no weight.
    Very positive coverage of a meeting between mainstream and Prince Hall brethren in North Carolina this week. Video of the gathering in Raleigh was on Charlotte's Channel 14. And the story made the Charlotte Observer as well:

Newland Road in north Charlotte, black and white Masons dressed in tuxedos and suits traded handshakes and hugs before entering for a secret, members-only gathering of rituals.

“I've been looking forward to this for a long time,” Herbie Watts, 65, a past worshipful master for the local Prince Hall lodge, told a group of white Masons as they arrived.

He pulled out a yellow heavily worn card from his wallet, which documents the Prince Hall's charter dating back to the 18th century. He told the white Masons he'd been carrying the card in his wallet for 35 years.

He clasped his hands and took a deep breath.

“You're going to be in awe tonight,” he said. “These brothers are going to see something they've never seen before.”

The two Mecklenburg lodges had never joined in each other's official activities. Last week, though, 47 local Prince Hall members visited the white lodge for a first time.

[snip]

Members in both Mecklenburg's black and white lodges say the meetings are big step toward mending racial differences.

“Those of us who feel very strongly about this, and feel we are all equal men and all should be equal Masons, are pushing to make this happen,” said Allan Mann, a junior deacon with the Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons. “I met one brother who told me he'd been a Mason for over 70 years and he never thought he'd live to see the day that he'd get to walk into one of our lodges.

“He brought a couple of tears to my eye.”
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ? how does that show that they hold no weight? If anything, it shows that they are official even though white folks never wanted to admit it. You a self hating black man or something? Add that to your love for men, you really loosing out here. IDK, maybe you not black at all cuz you feel black folks gotta get white recognition in order to "Hold Weight" rather then seeing it as an attempt to bridge a gap.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ? how does that show that they hold no weight? If anything, it shows that they are official even though white folks never wanted to admit it. You a self hating black man or something? Add that to your love for men, you really loosing out here.

1st off alot of the OffBrand Lodges in BK are not reconigzed by white masons AND BLACK MASONS
    #READINGSKILLS
    Indeed, Brooklyn is a hotbed of irregular and unrecognized groups calling themselves Freemasons. Brother Oscar Alleyne of Wallkill Lodge No. 627 recently gave a talk on this subject, and reported that there are at least 67 grand lodges operating in New York that are irregular or unrecognized, in addition to the regular and recognized Grand Lodge of New York F&AM and the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of New York..

2nd off this is freemasonry... if ya ? ain't deemed official by the top dogs, aka the white boys then it's unofficial.
    that's why you got 70 year old ? crying, because they entered a white lodge for the 1st time.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Where did you say they aren't recognized by black masons? Miss me with those hashtags. Also you said there were no official black masonic lodges so, now there are? You all over the place. Sounds like ? can call themselves what they want and they hold all the necessary knowledge to do so. ? crackers and their permission. They stole that knowledge anyway. Who are they to say no one else is worthy. White privilege got black folks throwing on capes.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Where did you say they aren't recognized by black masons? Miss me with those hashtags. Also you said there were no official black masonic lodges so, now there are?
    Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of New York= RECONIGZED BLACK MASONS #DUH
    i said the only black lodges are the prince hall from the jump

You all over the place. Sounds like ? can call themselves what they want and they hold all the necessary knowledge to do so. ? crackers and their permission. They stole that knowledge anyway. Who are they to say no one else is worthy. White privilege got black folks throwing on capes.
    it defeats the purpose of being a mason, if u wanted to be in something so bad, that u rather repp foogayzi ? , u should of just joined a book club

LMAO @ OFFBRAND ?
    #Sa7ut3
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Offbrand ? talk about other mens ? size though. But you said there were none in Brooklyn.

http://african459lodge63.org/

I was just interested in this subject, but you the one ready to do some ? ? to join.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    i love it how your monkey ass didn't post the whole quote

#salute

• Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You the only one swinging off bananas ? . Get wit the update ? , i erased that. But you said there was none in Brooklyn

• Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    Offbrand ? talk about other mens ? size though. But you said there were non in Brooklyn.

I was just interested in this subject, but you the one ready to do some ? ? to join.

Currently there are 12 Lodges, 5 Chapters and several concordant bodies that meet here under the auspices of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of The State Of New York.

the Grand Lodge For The PHFA is located in Harlem tho.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well i'm gonna have to ask my boy what he thinks of this because he's a professed Mason who was asked to join and i know he was already well connected in the black community. He is the Head of Security at the African Arts Festival that used to be at Boys and Girls High (it's around Ft. Green projects now where they have the Afropunk Festival). He's throwing a party at the Masonic Temple.

It's dude in the middle with the beard.
    [img]http://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/227888_10151060422440079_1168268368_n.jpg[/img]

I know the Lodge on St. James used to allow parties (Soul Powers) until my homies got into a big fight over there (i was part of House of Power which was a political hip hop org) with local ? . My boy was head of Security then too.

Biggie Smalls used rap there for the hood (it was on his block) before he got on.

The lodge on Putnam puts on a parade where they wear black and white, and have a small band with lodge members marching down Fulton St.. I'm not an expert so i can't claim their legitimacy.

• CrashBeats
    CrashBeats Members Posts: 4
    Options
    I didn't even know that there are freemasons speeking freely about this religion, where i am in Eastern Europe there's no such thing ... or nobody speaks freely about it
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited September 2012
    Options
    CrashBeats wrote: »
    I didn't even know that there are freemasons speeking freely about this religion, where i am in Eastern Europe there's no such thing ... or nobody speaks freely about it

that's crazy.
    i 4 one ain't a mason. i've came across masons, and they tell me they're not a religion and they do discuss with non-masons, the basics of being a mason, basic stuff that u can find online or in a book, but none of that next level members only ?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not with that secret society ? not matter who does it.. Those white dudes really did do it different. Just like Christianity, I don't see why the ancestors of black slaves picked up this ? that the slave master created..

You do realize that Christianity got its start in the Middle East with it's decendance so to speak from Judaism which got its birth from Egyptian Spiritiality don't you
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That satanic stuff could just be propaganda. The Masons prefer to piggy back the the noble knight or templar fame. Some even claiming that Adam was the first mason. The satanic stuff, while propaganda, adds to the mystery and fear factor of the group. Which they might prefer.

Not every corner of masons recognizes it's black members. Many avoid integration all together.

But whatever floats your boat.