WHO IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME? (POLL)

Options

Comments

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Other (If You Click This name the Rapper who you think is the GOAT)
    Is there a reason why Ice Cube is always overlooked when 2Pac and Biggie is mentioned?
    Isn't his career just as similar (impact/movies/classics/winning epic beefs) as Pacs?
    Didn't he have a GOAT run while blueprinting the West.... kind of like Biggie did for NY?

This is a legitimate question, because I wasn't coherent in those days.
    Thats probably why i feel Nas and Jay are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then their predecessors.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *waits for somebody to drop knowledge*
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should of done a search and just bumped up a similar thread.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canibus.jpg
    I rock rhymes for your pleasure,
    You listen at your leisure.
    I only record it once,
    You listen to it forever.

(Poet Laureate Infinity, Vocal 5)

Line for line, not many can match him.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Pac
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    In death tupac Ls continue.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    Dead @ em and kanye being on this list.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NaS
    I'm the reason why people like Nas on the Ic :x ~O)
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    you cant be that horrible a rapper and be a considered a goat

From one Em fan to another, dude hasn't released GOAT material since 2002.
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    NaS
    Pac was the GOAT til Nas dropped Life Is Good. When your greatness spreads out 3 decades, you gotta be in contention.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Is there a reason why Ice Cube is always overlooked when 2Pac and Biggie is mentioned?
    Isn't his career just as similar (impact/movies/classics/winning epic beefs) as Pacs?
    Didn't he have a GOAT run while blueprinting the West.... kind of like Biggie did for NY?

Thats probably why i feel Nas and Jay are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then their predecessors.

Cube is why I never name Pac in my top 5. To me Cube is/was a way better rapper and actor than Pac. His music had more of a message to it and he all around better albums. Hell he dropped 3-4 classics back to back. I was actually surprised not seeing him left off the voting.

Cube>>>>>>>Pac in all things music related

Cube cant do this

this is why cube will never touch Pac

Actions>>>>>Words

Tupakk screaming at some ymca blacc power pep rally means nothin since he acted like a ? and perpetuated ignorance/stereotypes

Death Certificate>>>>>>>>Any album tupakk ever made.Cubevision is a blacc owned company that employs blaccs something tupakk could never do cuz he was too busy spittin at cameras,getting shot/pistol whooped and goin to court for rapin our beautiful blacc sistas.Fucc tupakk and everything that non rappin willie lynch disciple stood for

Us,Endangered species,true to the game>>>>Any conscious song tupakk ever made

• Lab Baby
    Options
    NaS

"Dead rappers get better promotion" - Jada

Big and Pac died at the peak of their careers, and at the peak of hip hop in the mainstream. And since they had beef, they will always be coupled together. As far as Cube goes, he didn't release an album in 5 years since Lethal Injection. During that gap, Big, Pac, and a whole bunch of future GOATs blew up. That took attention away from Cube at the moment, and you know how fickle people's memory and attention spans are. All that being said, aside from their record sales, Cube had a better 3-4 year span, and released more classics during that time.
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    You ? do realize that you will never get the answer you're looking for right??? I mean everybody has their own individual taste so threads like these are just bound to have a whole bunch of ? disagreeing with each other
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    NaS
    You ? do realize that you will never get the answer you're looking for right??? I mean everybody has their own individual taste so threads like these are just bound to have a whole bunch of ? disagreeing with each other

Yes....

LMAO... as long as we understand each other... hey i can't front these discussions are still very entertaining
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    NaS

Make a thread about it
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    NaS

The debates are fun, as long as cats know what they're talking about. Plus it keeps these names alive.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarface
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    NaS
    Lab Baby wrote: »

The debates are fun, as long as cats know what they're talking about. Plus it keeps these names alive.

Yes....

LMAO... as long as we understand each other... hey i can't front these discussions are still very entertaining

Pretty much though lol
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye West

Since cube didn't die in the late 90s like pac did he will always be underrated and 2pac will always be overrated real ? in the west know cube is the GOAT west coast artist
  • madisonstbully
    madisonstbully Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Eminem
    Eminem lyrics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kanye lyrics

Too bad none of Em's albums match up to Kanye's albums.

You can rhyme words with "orange" all day long, but if you don't got the body of work to back up whatever skills you have then what's the point?

Em ain't no GOAT, but he is wildly overrated.

Oh yeah, Kanye's production >>>>>>> Em's production.

em has three good albums kanye has three good albums gradution and 808 are both trash
  • madisonstbully
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Eminem
    Eminem lyrics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kanye lyrics

Too bad none of Em's albums match up to Kanye's albums.

You can rhyme words with "orange" all day long, but if you don't got the body of work to back up whatever skills you have then what's the point?

Em ain't no GOAT, but he is wildly overrated.

Oh yeah, Kanye's production >>>>>>> Em's production.

? yourself if you think no em albums can touch any kanye albums all kanye albums are based on production any his garbage rhymes
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    NaS
    The ? who's raps should be locked in a cell.
  • madisonstbully
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Eminem
    if we are going to put great producers/wack rappers on the list why is dr dre not on the list he has the best catalog
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    NaS
    if we are going to put great producers/wack rappers on the list why is dr dre not on the list he has the best catalog

lol just get used to the Eminem hate homie. Its normal in the IC

Welcome to the board.