Discovered on a faded scrap of papyrus, the words "Jesus said to them, 'My wife …'"

Options

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was written many things will be said about Christ after his death to disapprove the truth...
    The canonical gospels themselves were written after his death though.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was written many things will be said about Christ after his death to disapprove the truth...
    The canonical gospels themselves were written after his death though.

fasho. look at it like this. When Jesus was alive and preaching the gospel and showing folks actual proof who he was and what he could do they still hated Him and put Him to death. So its no surprise after His death that things and accusations would be made to slander His image.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing people don't really realize is that there are tons of gospels. The church compiled the Bible largely based on the agenda they wanted to pass. Very early on in Christianity, there were many sects and many of them did not believe that Jesus was divine, at least not in the sense that modern Christianity passes it off.

It's pretty interesting. Jesus never referred to himself as being ? or the unique son of ? or ? in the flesh. Other people promoted that mostly, most notably Paul, who didn't even actually know Jesus. And the only Gospel that really goes out of it's way to portray Jesus as divine was John, and that particular book was the last of the Gospels written and was clearly in response to the debate over whether Jesus was divine or not.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was written many things will be said about Christ after his death to disapprove the truth. its all about what we choose to believe. His Father believed that man should marry woman in holy matrimony so im sure he considered it while he was alive but Jesus was no ordinary man. He came to earth to take care of His Fathers business not to get married to a woman, at least thats my point of view until real actual evidence proves me wrong

bruh...nothing would be enough to prove that wrong...to you and many like you

theres not gonna be video...no pictures...

only pieces of old paper like this...or new gospels...etc

you believe a book verbatim...that was written about a man...100s of years after he lived by other men...

so lets be honest...you gonna believe and that just all there is to it
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was written many things will be said about Christ after his death to disapprove the truth. its all about what we choose to believe. His Father believed that man should marry woman in holy matrimony so im sure he considered it while he was alive but Jesus was no ordinary man. He came to earth to take care of His Fathers business not to get married to a woman, at least thats my point of view until real actual evidence proves me wrong

you believe a book verbatim...that was written about a man...100s of years after he lived by other men...

yep
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the gold certificate flag
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing people don't really realize is that there are tons of gospels. The church compiled the Bible largely based on the agenda they wanted to pass. Very early on in Christianity, there were many sects and many of them did not believe that Jesus was divine, at least not in the sense that modern Christianity passes it off.

It's pretty interesting. Jesus never referred to himself as being ? or the unique son of ? or ? in the flesh. Other people promoted that mostly, most notably Paul, who didn't even actually know Jesus. And the only Gospel that really goes out of it's way to portray Jesus as divine was John, and that particular book was the last of the Gospels written and was clearly in response to the debate over whether Jesus was divine or not.

I agree with this.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    with that ? powers he best have been smashing hoes
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, I'm just gonna leave this topic alone before I knock some atheist ? the ? out b.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yep

lol...and aint a damn thing wrong with that
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    with that ? powers he best have been smashing hoes

Jesus would be a beast in the comics. Think about his powerset:

telepathy
    weather control
    healing
    ressurection
    matter manipulation
    ability to walk on water
    control over demons
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YALL DO KNOW THAT THE CHURCH IS THE BRIDE OF CHRIST RIGHT?

... IT WOULD LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR JESUS TO BE HAVING SEX.. IF HE WAS, THE WHOLE BIBLE, CHRISTIANANITY, ECT WOULD BE A LIE

ever heard of symbolism?

this is an example why people shouldnt take every word in the bible literally....
    OF COURSE I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE IS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY..THEY'RE CALLED PARABLES....

LIKE I SAID, THE ONLY WIFE/BRIDE THAT JESUS HAS IS THE CHURCH..

IF JESUS HAD SEX.. THAT WOULD MEAN THAT ? HAD SEX

THAT WOULD MEAN THAT JESUS ? AND IS A CHILD MOLESTOR....

THEN THAT WOULD MEAN THAT JESUS SINS...
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    Temptation gets THE BEST of us it seems.
    THE DEVIL TEMPTED JESUS ON THE MOUNTAIN.. YOU THINK HE AINT THROW EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK AT HIM?

WOMEN, WEALTH, EVERY DESIRE KNOWN TO MAN...

JESUS DIDNT TAKE THE BAIT, EVEN IN HIS WEAKEN STATE....

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "jesus was married to mary, and they both had a kid/ but that's a piece of history that the catholic church hid
    man ? the davinci code, ? illuminati/ only secret societies rap-a-lot and john gotti" - Bun

just bump the whole ? ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LybZ9-48lc8
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

... IT WOULD LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR JESUS TO BE HAVING SEX.. IF HE WAS, THE WHOLE BIBLE, CHRISTIANANITY, ECT WOULD BE A LIE

ever heard of symbolism?

this is an example why people shouldnt take every word in the bible literally....
    OF COURSE I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE IS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY..THEY'RE CALLED PARABLES....

How would that mean he's a "child molester"?

Also, how is it a "sin" if he is married?
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »

ever heard of symbolism?

How would that mean he's a "child molester"?

Also, how is it a "sin" if he is married?
    JESUS AND ? ARE 1 IN THE TRINITY...WE ARE CHILDREN OF HIM...

THE SIN PLAYS INTO THE ? ASPECT... HE HAD TO BE FELLING AND WANTING THE LADY TO MARRY HER.

THERE WOULD BE ZERO SPRITITUAL OR LOGICAL REASON FOR JESUS TO MARRY AND IM SURE HE WOULD HAVE HAD A CHILD ALSO...

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pics of Jesus wife or it didnt happen
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ephesians 5:25 said Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church,

so maybe he was talking about the church....anyways... this is R&R
  • HafBayked
    Options
    dro was raised by his granny

but he calls her mama
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nobody believes the Bible when it says Jesus is married to the church

but some random note turns up about Jesus' bride and everyone believes he was getting it in?

• HafBayked
    Options
    ? the note, i been hearing that ? for years.....i got a problem with a lot of ? in the church and thats why i dont go now....
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

do you even know what you are talking about?

John 10

30 I and the Father are one.”

32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be ? .”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of ? came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am ? ’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    dro was raised by his granny

but he calls her mama
    DAM.. HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    ? the note, i been hearing that ? for years.....i got a problem with a lot of ? in the church and thats why i dont go now....
    IM SURE YOU ALSO HAVE ALOTTA PROBLEM WITH THINGS THAT GO ON AT YOUR JOB, BUT U STILL GO ANYWAY..

DO LET WHAT PEOPLE DO TURN YOU AWAY FROM ? ...

THE CHURCH ISNT PERFECT, BUT U SHOULD STRIVE FOR ETERNAL LIFE
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE CHURCH ISNT PERFECT

shouldn't it be? It's ? 's "house" right?