Was The Joker Apart of The League of Shadows?????

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Watching all three movies got me thinking. And I do believe Joker was apart of The League of Shadows

Although it was stated that the Joker was a product of Batman, as been subscribed to Batman series since the 80′s, the Joker did just show up in Gotham directly after Batman appeared.  Not only this, he showed up with no origin, no story, and no reason to be there.  Except, he was sent there by a group that did have a origin and a reason to be there, which of course we now know to be TLOS.  His chaotic nature is new to everyone, he just does not give a ? about anyone.  He is a man on a mission, despite what he says, he has a plan.  He wants to topple Gotham.  Who else wanted this? For somebody as smart as he was in this movie, and he was pretty ? smart, he would already know that Batman had no jurisdiction, so why would he feel the need to go to a new city to destroy, when he could do it on his own home field?  Unless Gotham was the key to everything.

Ra’s al Ghul himself does state in Batman Begins that over the years the league of shadows does evolve their techniques.  He used the example of economics, although it ultimately did crash and burn due to Thomas and Martha Wayne uniting the city, it would not be a preposterous idea that with the failure of their second attack that a third, more radical direction would be needed.  This is something that the Joker did thrive on.  He loved being the desperate man’s answer, as it was what he advertised himself as in TDK.

Besides what he said, he had a plan. His plan was to destroy Gotham and Batman. Everything like him not having an origin story, to the make up, to his superior genius, to knowing how to push Batman shows he was a member of The League of Shadows. Also, he knows Batman's identity. As did Raus. As did the rest of The League of Shadows.

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Joker is a crazy ? who just wanted to see the world burn....
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess it could be a possibility, but wouldnt the league have trained him to fight? i mean he can fight but he cant go toe to toe with Batman unless he sneaks on him.

Which brings another point... If you can sneak up on batman youve got to have some good ass training O_o

But yeah as far as i know Jokers origin has never been revealed. He's coming back in October in the Zack Snyder Batman series. its gonna be awesome.

Batman_Promo.jpeg
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    These questions beg to be answered...

Why not go to another major city without a Batman and rule? Yea, he says he is the product of Batman, when he is being interrogated by Batman, he knows its Bruce Wayne, as did TLOS. He did have a mission, ? Batman and destroy Gotham. Everything Joker knows, so did TLOS. Instead of braun, Joker had intelligence
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joker was a common street thug before he became the Joker
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Joker was a common street thug before he became the Joker

And Batman was a ? ass spoiled brat before he became Batman. The League of Shadows changed that
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Joker has never been a part of the League of Shadows. To even insinuate something like that would be an insult to the brilliance of his character.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    The Joker has never been a part of the League of Shadows. To even insinuate something like that would be an insult to the brilliance of his character.

How so...
  • rage
    Options

How so...

Because at his core...Joker is chaos. Crime, murder and etc are just expressions of that chaos. To give him a "purpose" would be a gross distortion of this. Look at the Emperor Joker story line...he could have remade the universe in his image and what does he do...turns it into a kaleidoscope of chaos. The League at its core is about order. They just believe in a "destroy and rebuild" philosophy. This is why Bruce joined them. Secondly the Joker is not a "martial artist" when he fights its a maniacal, non-structured beatdown.

Alfred said it best "Some men, some men...just want to see the world burn".
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

How so...

Because at his core...Joker is chaos. Crime, murder and etc are just expressions of that chaos. To give him a "purpose" would be a gross distortion of this. Look at the Emperor Joker story line...he could have remade the universe in his image and what does he do...turns it into a kaleidoscope of chaos. The League at its core is about order. They just believe in a "destroy and rebuild" philosophy. This is why Bruce joined them. Secondly the Joker is not a "martial artist" when he fights its a maniacal, non-structured beatdown.

Alfred said it best "Some men, some men...just want to see the world burn".
    Understood, but I was referring to the trilogy itself, not canon. Canon has been changed many times, and the trilogy seems to do the same. In the trilogy itself, I believe Joker to be a member of TLOS
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting theory but no. there would probably be more evidence if it was the case
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No joker is too much about chaos to be controlled by anyone let alone to be sent out to satisfy or further an agenda other than his own.

As aforementioned joker is chaos personified. His character alignment is chaotic evil TLOS is lawful evil although they operate outside of the accepeted law they have a code of ethics and behaviors that they expect each and every member to uphold.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoSign Rage. Comish Gordon said it best at the end of Begins.. Something to the effect of: we carry guns they get automatics. We wear body armor they get armor piercing rounds..and now u wear a mask take this guy(hands bats jozer card) he has a thing for theatrics like you

Joker exists because of batman and joker birthed 2 face.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    No joker is too much about chaos to be controlled by anyone let alone to be sent out to satisfy or further an agenda other than his own.

Exactly what i was gonna say
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont remember anything that would suggest joker knew batman is bruce wayne
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

@3:54
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPuToZT0vfY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This theory is dope as ? and well thought out.I don't know if there is any truth to it but it just proves how great a trilogy Nolan's Batman was. Call me crazy, but I rank it up the with the Godfather as best trilogy ever
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    This theory is dope as ? and well thought out.I don't know if there is any truth to it but it just proves how great a trilogy Nolan's Batman was. Call me crazy, but I rank it up the with the Godfather as best trilogy ever

Lol, Godfather part 3 has to be great for that to be a great trilogy.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No you're just watching those movies too much. And Godfather 3 is way better than TDKR.

You're crazy.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    No you're just watching those movies too much. And Godfather 3 is way better than TDKR.

You're crazy.

Really bruh? Godfather Part 3, that ? sequel is better than TDKR? Pass whatever your smoking
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

@3:54
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPuToZT0vfY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"i thought you really were dent"??
  • rage
    Options

You're crazy.

Really bruh? Godfather Part 3, that ? sequel is better than TDKR? Pass whatever your smoking

Agreed TDKR may not have been at the same level of TDK...but its better than Godfather 3. Having said that Godfather 1 and 2 >>>> the entire TDK trilogy.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No the league of shadows have specific goals they want to accomplish . The Joker just wants to do ? for his own

amusement. Also saying that he thought he was Dent is not the same as saying I know your Bruce Wayne. Now in the comic books Ra'z AL Ghurl did hire Joker as a mercenary to keep Batman occupied and throw him off his trail but even then Ra'z couldn't control the Joker's actions and Joker ended up killing Jason Todd(Robin).

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options

You're crazy.

In TDKR they turned Batman into G.I. Joe who supposedly sacrifices himself for Gotham...But in reality just he dips out the backdoor so he can go retire in Italy with Catwoman. If that's not an abomination of an ending I don't know what is.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

You're crazy.

In TDKR they turned Batman into G.I. Joe who supposedly sacrifices himself for Gotham...But in reality just he dips out the backdoor so he can go retire in Italy with Catwoman. If that's not an abomination of an ending I don't know what is.

Godfather 3 is an obomination of an entire franchise