i am not an african-american............it doesnt make any sense.

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    So people are embarrassed to be Americans all of sudden ,now when you have people from different countries around the world risking life and limb just too get a sweet slice of the American dream and to sneak or move into America so their children can have a better future and you do not want to claim this country as home.

And they find out that this country basically will exploit their labor and suppress their political power as well. A large number of immigrants who come to this country become impoverished. People south of the border are exploited for their labor here. African immigrants who have doctoral degrees are reduced to driving cabs and taking minimum wage jobs because Americans look down on the education they receive. Most immigrants come to this country to get what they were taken from and support families back home. And the reason why many of them come is because of American political policies that made living conditions in their homelands unbearable, especially with NAFTA agreements in Latin America.
    African countries abuse women send children into war and bomb churches,the middle east treats women like slaves and ? people for not being muslim,south america is a ? hole and mexici is a warzone because of the drug cartels yet you think the USA is worse ...right

You sound like a sound piece for FOX news.

How much reading do you actually do on the subject or do you just absorb what TV tells you without any critical thinking?
    Cant dispute what I said because it is the truth.I dont and never have watched fox news.I get my info from blogs of people who have been to or living in those countries.I alo talked to people from those countries or similar countries that I met in school who tell me what it is like living their.My college is like 80% African immigrants and they alsways tslk about how mad the situation is over there which is why they are here.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    So what's so useful about learning about Africa other than making you ? feel happy?

you want me to explain to you why learning things is a good thing? oh okay
    no, just how knowing the history or culture of africa can be useful in the present or future for me.

i believe learning your history is important, and if you don't believe that, then that's on you. i don't want to nor should i have to convince you of ? . either you do it or you don't

Seeing as you're african I exptected that you give at least an incentive. Whelp
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So people are embarrassed to be Americans all of sudden ,now when you have people from different countries around the world risking life and limb just too get a sweet slice of the American dream and to sneak or move into America so their children can have a better future and you do not want to claim this country as home.

And they find out that this country basically will exploit their labor and suppress their political power as well. A large number of immigrants who come to this country become impoverished. People south of the border are exploited for their labor here. African immigrants who have doctoral degrees are reduced to driving cabs and taking minimum wage jobs because Americans look down on the education they receive. Most immigrants come to this country to get what they were taken from and support families back home. And the reason why many of them come is because of American political policies that made living conditions in their homelands unbearable, especially with NAFTA agreements in Latin America.
    African countries abuse women send children into war and bomb churches,the middle east treats women like slaves and ? people for not being muslim,south america is a ? hole and mexici is a warzone because of the drug cartels yet you think the USA is worse ...right

How much reading do you actually do on the subject or do you just absorb what TV tells you without any critical thinking?

Do you live in USA and have you been outside of the country?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

oh cuz america and christianity have not perpetuated horrendous acts on people for hundreds of year. none of that ? happened. but africans and muslims, and all the other brown people, yeah they're the real savages gtfoh
    That is not what I meant Kai and
    It is more about the living conditions and attitude than the religion.I blast Christians every chance I get and just pointing out while thw us is not perfect and has an ugly history it is not longer in the dark ages as loca claims.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what's so useful about learning about Africa other than making you ? feel happy?

no, just how knowing the history or culture of africa can be useful in the present or future for me.

i believe learning your history is important, and if you don't believe that, then that's on you. i don't want to nor should i have to convince you of ? . either you do it or you don't

Seeing as you're african I exptected that you give at least an incentive. Whelp

what am i supposed to beg you to learn about your history, i'm sorry, i'm not gonna do that. my culture and history is important to me because it gives me a sense of heritage and identity. if you feel like you have no connection with that history then what am i supposed to say to that. this is the kind of thing you make your own mind up about

I said an incentive, where the ? does the begging ? come from? You could have left it at it gives you a sense of heritage and identity. come on kai.
  • Mr.LV
    Options

Do you live in USA and have you been outside of the country?

Yes to both.
    So in your first hand experience outside of the USA how were the living conditions compare to the USA?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Cant dispute what I said because it is the truth.I dont and never have watched fox news.I get my info from blogs of people who have been to or living in those countries.I alo talked to people from those countries or similar countries that I met in school who tell me what it is like living their.My college is like 80% African immigrants and they alsways tslk about how mad the situation is over there which is why they are here.

so afirca just woke up one day and was ? up. it has nothing to do with colonization, or white empirical rule. we're just ? up on our own. wow
    Its deeper than that but lets not pretend that Africans were not at war with each other and dis not inslave rival tribes long before the influence
    of whites.
    @loca nice of you to ignore my account of second hand knowledge from people are fromthose countries who have also traveled the wofld unlike you.
    Anyway the past does not matter and I personality live fof the now as I cannot change the past.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to pull ? with it.

Drop some knowledge about the motherland on a ? 's head and watch her panties fall straight to the ground.

Do you work somewhere with a water cooler? If so, that African ? is conversational gold (no relation).

It has other similar uses as well.

B hood rats don't ? with africa like that. Bands>>>>>talking about south africa
    Then ? 's basically useless.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all these complains about America yet your fat ass still here
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been to the prestigious continent of Europe and the Eastern Shores of Japan. Beautiful places. Won't be venturing in Africa for sure and will be going to Brazil next, my Uncle lives there and they have some fine mixed women and than I wanna moved to germany.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Look at this pic of the man with the long white beard that is sitting down he is the great-great-great-great grand father of a present day African America woman guess who it is?
    Henry-Wells-Shields-Family-1884.png

Im the only one who wants to inquire about this?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    all these complains about America yet your fat ass still here

What does being patriotic for America do for you? Nothing. The US ? on people regularly, so I have no problem seeing it for what it really is.

Oh, and provide me with a check and I'd move to the Bahamas. :-??
    LMFAO, thinking she going to get a man over there, she better over here to get a broke ? with no prospects.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Look at this pic of the man with the long white beard that is sitting down he is the great-great-great-great grand father of a present day African America woman guess who it is?

It's called Google images fool. It's Michelle Obama's ancestor.
  • Mr.LV
    Options

michelle-obama.jpg?w=290

The first lady Michelle Obama's ancestor ,here is a good read on the research and what they found.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/06/22/us/first-lady-family-q-and-a.html?ref=us#/%232

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the presidents have ? lineage though.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 I thought I told u I don't wanna see ur uncle tom azz post no mo
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    I'm 1/8th Cubano, 1/8th Black-Jamaican, and I got some Indigenous American in my roots down the line.

I'm Black-American, I don't consider myself African-American. I got an African gov't name and all, but Africa isn't my nationality, or my parents, or my grandparents, etc. ...But I don't have a problem when ? call themselves "African" or "African-American" when they be on their Nubian-Kemet-Mängəstä Ityop'p'ya ? .

but fam ... africa is not a nation .... so of course africa isnt your nationality
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Covet wrote: »
    not trying to school anyone. I was just pointing out that this is probably the reason why this phrase doesn't ring true with people anymore.... It doesn't fit the era. Now were I to say I was Irish, that would be weird. I'm Southern and Texan. But back to my great grandparents--they were Irish. I don't ever intend to call myself an Irish American.

Eh.... But call it what you want. I don't have a beef with you.

you call yourself white? you don't even represent for your country or your heritage. you are the racist. defining yourself by a color. you are so ashamed of where you live now and where your people once lived that you cannot even link yourself with the u. s. of a.... and yet you want to show disdain for these people calling themselves African-American? who not only represent the nation where they hold citizenship..they also rep the entire ? continent from where their ancestors first came. u actin real outta pocket right now ? and its probably best you leave this discussion up to the true patriots.

gucci-mane-arrested-again-500-300x337.jpg

jesus ? christ

this is the best matt post in the history of the ic
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Covet wrote: »
    not trying to school anyone. I was just pointing out that this is probably the reason why this phrase doesn't ring true with people anymore.... It doesn't fit the era. Now were I to say I was Irish, that would be weird. I'm Southern and Texan. But back to my great grandparents--they were Irish. I don't ever intend to call myself an Irish American.

Eh.... But call it what you want. I don't have a beef with you.

you call yourself white? you don't even represent for your country or your heritage. you are the racist. defining yourself by a color. you are so ashamed of where you live now and where your people once lived that you cannot even link yourself with the u. s. of a.... and yet you want to show disdain for these people calling themselves African-American? who not only represent the nation where they hold citizenship..they also rep the entire ? continent from where their ancestors first came. u actin real outta pocket right now ? and its probably best you leave this discussion up to the true patriots.

gucci-mane-arrested-again-500-300x337.jpg

jesus ? christ

this is the best matt post in the history of the ic

Yeah Matt went in on that post I was like damn when I read it.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    lemme see if cats can go from here in this convo with this thought

ok listen .... first off ... according to the history that you accept and were taught in school there is no such thing as an "american"

just because you were born in the u.s. doesnt make you an "american"

using that logic ... mexicans, brazilians, and canadians are also americans

here's why

the united states of america is exactly what the name says it is

"united" "states"

50 different "states" that have united to form a corporation

brazil is also in america ... its in south america ... but its still in america LOL. brazil pledges no alliegence to other states that have united to form the corporation that is known as the "united states" so it is its own nation or "state"
    there for the residents of brazil are "brazilian" by nationality .... their LINEAGE however is something different, such as african (a family who roots are in africa) or european (portugal being their ancestors nationality)

yes you were born in america ... but your lineage according to the history you accept does not begin here. does your birth certificate say america or american on it?? HELL NO it will have the seal of the STATE you were born in ... technically that state is your "nationality" and thru that state you are by default a part of the "united states"

the united states are united thru various contracts like the constitution for example but there is no such country as "america" and the "united states" have never combined to form one state or nation which is why each state still flies its own flag and there is no one name that indentifies the usa

this is why corporations are able to control "america" because ppl never really stop to think about these facts and what rights we never exercise that coincide with these facts
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ok listen .... first off ... according to the history that you accept and were taught in school there is no such thing as an "american"

here's why

"united" "states"

brazil is also in america ... its in south america ... but its still in america LOL. brazil pledges no alliegence to other states that have united to form the corporation that is known as the "united states" so it is its own nation or "state"
    there for the residents of brazil are "brazilian" by nationality .... their LINEAGE however is something different, such as african (a family who roots are in africa) or european (portugal being their ancestors nationality)

yes you were born in america ... but your lineage according to the history you accept does not begin here. does your birth certificate say america or american on it?? HELL NO it will have the seal of the STATE you were born in ... technically that state is your "nationality" and thru that state you are by default a part of the "united states"

the united states are united thru various contracts like the constitution for example but there is no such country as "america" and the "united states" have never combined to form one state or nation which is why each state still flies its own flag and there is no one name that indentifies the usa

this is why corporations are able to control "america" because ppl never really stop to think about these facts and what rights we never exercise that coincide with these facts

mucho blah blah blah
  • UPTOWN
    edited September 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

here's why

"united" "states"

mucho blah blah blah

random nobody post LOL

here ya go .. now you can say i quoted you and make a name for yourself
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Thats a fine white man
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Thats a fine white man

Bruh, just prepared for the insults coming your way.