F*ck the IRS!!

Options
Ms.Scorp
Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Ok, so I just caught wind of me owing the Govt back taxes. They sent me notices but they were sent to a TX address I haven't lived in since 08.

So the only way I found out now is because they put a levy on my checking account and froze money.

My concern though is about it affecting my credit since I have a Secret Clearance to maintain.

So have any of you dealt with the IRS before? If so how did you handle it?

BankNotification_zps27f71de5.jpg

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Undercover brag thread
    But gone ahead ma
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    Undercover brag thread
    But gone ahead ma

How is this a brag thread?

Losing 34k is not something to brag or be proud of....lol

I just want some feedback on if this has happened to anyone else and how they handled it

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gon leave yo ass with $100!
  • Ms.Scorp
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    First off call the IRS directly to see what exactly is going on. Afterwards call an attorney to take the garnishment off your records. Third have the attorney set up payments once you have payments setup payoff ASAP. You will and should have a clean record.

My cuz went thru this while working over seas for a couple of years. It helped him out.

Well they've already frozen the funds and are going to take them after the 21 day period.

So now I'm mainly worried about my clearance because it's obviously not a good look to owe the Govt money....

Did it take them long to restore your cousins record after he payed them off?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the government sucks
  • Ms.Scorp
    edited September 2012
    Options
    They gon leave yo ass with $100!

It's crazy how they can just jacks someones bank account like that.

I'm just glad they only cleaned out my checking account because from what I've heard they will take your savings, assets and garnish your damn paycheck.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dear Mr. Mitchell:
    Ether.

Unless...

The IRS to Kimi (if that is even "her" real name):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDdDlKOKYk#t=27s
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    Oh and @Cain- I called them already, I owed them and have to pay. I

it's just messed up that I didn't find out about it until the actual freeze took place.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Irwin R. Schyster

everybody gotta price
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    Dear Mr. Mitchell:
    Ether.

Unless...

The IRS to Kimi (if that is even "her" real name):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDdDlKOKYk#t=27s

lol...they take your money and call you out your gender to make ? worse :/
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    they got me last year for when I was working in Iraq back in 07

said I owed because I didn't make the exemption qualifications
    (they were half right)

anyway short and sweet, call the IRS, explain what happened and best try to make a deal of what you can give them

they'll even give you the option of a payment plan. you lucky tho ,much like myself I was just caught out only for failing to pay, not evading, which is how alot of people from celebrities to middle class folk in up in jail

• Ms.Scorp
    Options
    The lawyer can get your funds un frozen but you have to get on it ASAP. After my cuz got ith lawyer and got his account handled his record looked untouched.

With that said all cases are different his went smoothly but that doesn't mean every one will. He also had secret clearance while overseas

I don't know, does it seem like a waste of money to hire a lawyer when I have to pay them anyway?

they only froze the amount owed to them, so the rest of my money is accessible.

I think fighting it might be futile at this point...I just hope they restore my credit after they take that money.
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IRS ain't nothin but a gang
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    IRS ain't nothin but a gang

Yeah I've been trying to do some online research about this but all the tax jargon is so confusing especially since money you make overseas is non taxable up to a certain amount.

I saw stories of them taking peoples homes, cars, frozen bank accounts, you name it.

They will take everything you have until they're paid off.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

(they were half right)

anyway short and sweet, call the IRS, explain what happened and best try to make a deal of what you give them

they'll even give you the option of a payment plan. you lucky tho ,much like myself I was just caught out only for failing to pay, not evading, which is how alot of people from celebrities to middle class folk in up in jail

I called them, I actually owe them so I'm just going to pay it off. I don't have time to make a paymet plan because that gives it longer to be on my credit report and if my employer finds out about this ? then I am ? !

Have you ever heard of anyone offering them settlements?

• Ms.Scorp
    Options
    @A.Mann- did they ? with your clearance when you owed them?

What about your credit report?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kimi my friend is a certified tax person. I would suggest you call her. she can definitely help you. PM me if you need more info.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    Kimi my friend is a certified tax person. I would suggest you call her. she can definitely help you. PM me if you need more info.

Girl YES!! I need info. I've been trying to research on my own but it's hard to interpret all the tax/legal jargon.

PM me her info ASAP!!

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »

Girl YES!! I need info. I've been trying to research on my own but it's hard to interpret all the tax/legal jargon.

PM me her info ASAP!!

She may charge you. Just giving you heads up. But she's pretty amazing. I didnt pay taxes for a whole year and she got me back a refund of 2 G's .
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

(they were half right)

anyway short and sweet, call the IRS, explain what happened and best try to make a deal of what you give them

I called them, I actually owe them so I'm just going to pay it off. I don't have time to make a paymet plan because that gives it longer to be on my credit report and if my employer finds out about this ? then I am ? !

Have you ever heard of anyone offering them settlements?

Before I came home for good last year, I started off on a payment plan, but decided to just pay it all off.

Not gon lie , that ? stung a lil to see all the loot just go with nothing to show for ....well my freedom lol

Anyway an installment plan will appear in your credit history including the amount owed and the size of your monthly payments. The debt will be considered as part of your overall debt and will affect your FICO score.

If you don't work out a payment plan or pay in full with your credit card, nonpayment may cause the IRS to file a Notice of Federal Tax Lien, which will stay on your credit report for at least seven years and therefore affect your credit score.

Charging your tax payment to your credit card will affect your score in the same way as paying via installment plan — your debt-to-credit ratio will increase and your credit score will be affected. You'll also be charged a convenience fee for paying your taxes with a credit card, and your credit card has control over the interest rates you're charged. At least the installment plan would give you a fixed rate with no surprises.

• Ms.Scorp
    edited September 2012
    Options

PM me her info ASAP!!

She may charge you. Just giving you heads up. But she's pretty amazing. I didnt pay taxes for a whole year and she got me back a refund of 2 G's .

Well yeah, I would expect her to charge for her services....lol.

I don't have a problem paying if she does good work.

I just need it resolved quick because if I lose my clearance I'm out the game....it's a wrap.
    :-<
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options
    First off call the IRS directly to see what exactly is going on. Afterwards call an attorney to take the garnishment off your records. Third have the attorney set up payments once you have payments setup payoff ASAP. You will and should have a clean record.

My cuz went thru this while working over seas for a couple of years. It helped him out.

Mr.Mitchell ,@Cain's post is the absolute best way to handle this situation.

I would like to take a moment and thank President Obama and my accountant for taking my 40k tax bill down to zero.

Obama2012.jpg
    So I don't have to pay taxes.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    i fit wrote: »
    i fit wrote: »

Mr.Mitchell ,@Cain's post is the absolute best way to handle this situation.

I would like to take a moment and thank President Obama and my accountant for taking my 40k tax bill down to zero.

So I don't have to pay taxes.

Yeah I'm a Democrat but they tax the ? out of higher class income.

Me and my Husband get hit hard every paycheck.
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options
    ^ I've been looking to do a little 4k scholarship in my name for a while. @cain knows his ? .