I'm Beginning To Think 2pac Is A Tad Bit Overrated...

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enemies,Hennesy,soldier,told ya, ? me, feel me, mind, find, grow, blow,? , push me, meee, seee, etc

Arange those words whichever way you want and add a dash of paranoia.
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    for him to be overrated there sure are alot of threadsmade about him

Which would qualify him as being overrated wouldn't it?
    Right.
    So you and the gentleman who cosigned that post kindly log off pack up your things and vacate the forum.
    Your login is being forclosed on.

Sincerely,
    The Bank
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To each is own, u ain't gotta like Pac, do u
    But I am never gonna stop being a Pac fan, he better then half of the ? that is out now.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LilSandra
    LilSandra Members Posts: 6
    Options
    MC Guru > 2Pac.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    DanknDrank wrote: »
    ? 2Pac that ? ain't ? that ? ain't from muhfuckin' New York That ? be out there with them Cali ? Yo ? man ? Pac that ? West Coast that ? that always with them New York ? seen them with that ? man that ? ain't from the West Coast Man ? Pac ? that ? that ? ain't really down rapin' ass ? I didn't do it ? it with that ? ? that ? man ? that ? let that ? go to jail right and ? that ? ? that ? !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGgEM2206t8
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LilSandra wrote: »
    MC Guru > 2Pac.

Now, I know you're guy.

• blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PiffyHaze Can I ask a serious question? Can you name a classic verse 2pac has ever spit? If you can, would it be comparable to classic Jay, BIG, Nas, Ghostface, Dre 3000, Cube, Kane, Rakim KRS verses? Try to be objective and answer that. Not knocking 2pac or even saying he's wack, but to call him a GOAT or even a great in rap terms in absurd! Even the criteria you listed is kinda weak. You can use that same argument for Hov, BIG, Nas, and 300, no?

no classic Pac verses? you being serious b?

Somebody wake me I'm dreaming, I started as a seed the ?
    Swimming upstream, planted in the ? while screaming
    on the top, was my pops, my momma screaming stop
    From a single drop, this is what they got
    Not to disrespect my peoples but my poppa was a loser
    Only plan he had for momma was to ? her and abuse her
    Even as a little seed, I could see his plan for me
    Stranded on welfare, another broken family
    Now what was I to be, a product of this heated passion
    Momma got pregnant, and poppa got a piece of ass
    Look how it began, nobody gave a ? about me
    Pistol in my hand, this cruel world can do without me
    How can I survive? Got me asking white Jesus
    will a ? live or die, 'cause the Lord can't see us
    in the deep dark clouds of the projects, ain't no sunshine
    No sunny days and we only play sometimes
    When everybody's sleeping
    I open my window jump to the streets and get to creeping
    I can live or die, hope I get some money 'fore I'm gone
    I'm only 19, I'm trying to hustle on my own
    on the spot where everybody and they pops trying to slang rocks
    I'd rather go to college, but this is where the game stops
    Don't get it wrong 'cause it's always on, from dusk to dawn
    You can buy rocks glocks or a herringbone
    You can ask my man he's a mind reader
    Keep my nine heated all the time this is how we grind
    Meet up at the cemetery then get smoked out, pass the weed ?
    That Hennessey'll keep me keyed ?
    Everywhere I go ? holla at me, "Keep it real G"
    And my reply till they ? me
    Act up if you feel me, I was born not to make it but I did
    The tribulations of a ghetto kid, still I rise

Polishing pistols prepare for battle pass the pump
    When I get to popping ? is dropping then they done
    Calling the coroner come collect the ? corpse
    He got it by killer, preoccuppied with being boss
    Revenge is the method, whenever steppin keep a weapon close
    Adversaries are overdosed over deadly notes
    Jealous ? and broke ? equal packed jails
    Hit the block and fill your pockets making ? sales
    Picture perfection pursuing paper with a passion
    Visions of prisons for all the ? that I blasted
    Running with criminals individuals with no remorse
    Try to stop me my pistol posse's using deadly force
    In my brain all I can think about is fame
    The police know my name, a different game, ain't a thing changed
    I'm seeing cemetary photos of my peers
    Conversating like they still here, if I die tonight

Now I'm lost and I'm weary, so many tears
    I'm suicidal, so don't stand near me
    My every move is a calculated step, to bring me closer
    to embrace an early death, now there's nothin left
    There was no mercy on the streets, I couldn't rest
    I'm barely standin, bout to go to pieces, screamin peace
    And though my soul was deleted, I couldn't see it
    I had my mind full of demons tryin to break free
    They planted seeds and they hatched, sparkin the flame
    inside my brain like a match, such a ? game
    No memories, just a misery
    Paintin a picture of my enemies killin me, in my sleep
    Will I survive til the mo'nin, to see the sun
    Please Lord forgive me for my sins, cause here I come...

I see mothers in black cryin, brothers in packs dyin
    Plus everybody's high, too doped up to ask why
    Watchin our own downfall, witness the end
    It's like we don't believe in ? cause we livin in sin
    I asked my homie on the block why he strapped, he laughed
    Pointed his pistol as the cop car passed and blast
    It's just another murder, nobody mourns no more
    My tear drops gettin bigger but can't figure what I'm cryin for
    Is it the miniature caskets, little babies
    Victims of a stray, from drug dealers gone crazy
    Maybe it's just the drugs, visions of how the block was
    ? came and it was strange how it rocked us
    Perhaps the underlyin fact they hide explain genocide
    It's when we ride on our own kind
    What is it we all fear, reflections in the mirror
    We can't escape fate, the end is gettin nearer

Father forgive us for livin while all my homies stuck in prison
    Barely breatin believin that the world is a prison
    It's like a ghetto we can never leave
    A broken rose givin bloom to the cracks of the concrete
    So many other things for us to see
    Things to be, our history so full of tragedy and misery
    To all my homies never made it home
    The dead peers I shed tattoo tears for, when I'm alone
    Picture us inside a ghetto heaven, a place to rest
    Findin peace through this land of stress
    In my chest I feel pain comin sudden storms
    Life full of rain in this game watch for landstorms
    Our unborn never got to grow, never got to see what's next
    In this world full of countless threats
    I beg ? , to make a way for our ghetto kids to breathe
    Show a sign, make us all believe
    Cause I ain't mad at cha

The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
    When will I finally get to rest? Through this supression
    They punish the people that's askin questions
    And those that possess, steal from the ones without possessions
    The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
    Don't settle for less - even a genius asks-es questions
    Be grateful for blessings
    Don't ever change, keep your essence
    The power is in the people and politics we address
    Always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic
    And when you get stranded
    And things don't go the way you planned it
    Dreamin of riches, in a position of makin a difference
    Politicians and hypocrites, they don't wanna listen
    If I'm insane, it's the fame made a brother change
    It wasn't nuttin like the game
    It's just me against the world

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PiffyHaze Pac's not the greatest because of several reasons:
    1. No classic verses, as I've stated before, though he does have classic songs. There's a difference (Dear Momma, Brenda's got a baby, etc.)

2. Arguably no classic albums. When I say that, I'm mean this: would you put Pac's best on the same level as other classic rap albums? Seriously. Whatever album(s) you feel represent his best work, would they be able to stand up against a Blueprint, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Life After, Paid in Full, etc.???

3. Average-slightly above average lyricism. I mean, granted, this man was a poet, but it just didn't translate well when it came to his raps.

4. No, I repeat no wordplay, wittiness on the mic, ability to craft a cohesive story, freestyle prowess, or any song where he just blacks the ? out! If there is, I will apologize publicly on the IC, but I am pac fan. I've listened to his music. I think the fact that I'm from LA should give you an idea towards my non bias statements. He died early in his life and now has been built up to be a hiphop messianic figure, rap martyr, revolutionary. C'mon man.

He made touching songs that evoked certain feelings from people, I get that. I truly do. HYe was the first true emo rapper. However, if you're comparing him to other rappers when you call him the GOAT, you have to grade him by the same standards you would for everyone else. There is a difference between your personal favorite and the GOAT. Just saying
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    1. No classic verses, as I've stated before, though he does have classic songs. There's a difference (Dear Momma, Brenda's got a baby, etc.)

2. Arguably no classic albums. When I say that, I'm mean this: would you put Pac's best on the same level as other classic rap albums? Seriously. Whatever album(s) you feel represent his best work, would they be able to stand up against a Blueprint, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Life After, Paid in Full, etc.???

3. Average-slightly above average lyricism. I mean, granted, this man was a poet, but it just didn't translate well when it came to his raps.

4. No, I repeat no wordplay, wittiness on the mic, ability to craft a cohesive story, freestyle prowess, or any song where he just blacks the ? out! If there is, I will apologize publicly on the IC, but I am pac fan. I've listened to his music. I think the fact that I'm from LA should give you an idea towards my non bias statements. He died early in his life and now has been built up to be a hiphop messianic figure, rap martyr, revolutionary. C'mon man.

He made touching songs that evoked certain feelings from people, I get that. I truly do. HYe was the first true emo rapper. However, if you're comparing him to other rappers when you call him the GOAT, you have to grade him by the same standards you would for everyone else. There is a difference between your personal favorite and the GOAT. Just saying

Ive read alot of dumb comments on this site, but damn, this ? right here might be at the top of the list......

1.No Classic verses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkJA6SYwa94

2.No Classic Albums? The term ¨classic¨ is subjective, but any of the last 3 albums he made before he died can be put up with any of the albums u named ¨Me Against the World¨ ¨ All Eyes On Me¨ ¨Killuminati¨

3 and 4 ,pretty much go together.. Number 4 might be some of the dumbest ? Ive ever ? read. No ability to craft a cohesive story? Do u know how many mfs reference ¨brendas got a baby¨ ? He also has songs like ¨papas song¨. While all these other ? was stuck on being ¨gangsta¨ ¨and mob bosses¨ , he was droppin songs like that as singles. ? wouldnt dare to do some ? like that.. But I digress....

No wittiness on the mic? Wtf are u listenin to man? His presence on the mic, was one of his strongest qualities, listen to any song he was featured on or had features, he always stood out from the rest, from his first feature ¨same song¨ he stood out from the rest...

No songs where he just blacks out?

Dis ? ´s flow , wordplay, etc in da 2nd verse smh.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIEroXWCVk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FneRycq108

Only after he died he was viewed as being revolutionary? Da same ? who was giving speeches at malcom x banquets at the age of 19? Have u seen any of da ? interviews and listened to wtf da ? was saying? I dont think u have.... OH, u one of da mfs who think he wasnt that major until after he died? But he went 5x platinum in 2months ,while it took biggie almost 2yrs to reach double.... Was he not da same ? chumpin da whole east coast single handedly? Same ? who put Biggie on? Same ? who had erebody from Madonna to Tony Danza writtin him in Jail? Same ? starrin in movies with Janet and Omar epps? Yea dat ? was a nobody before he died.......
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Many Tears >>>>
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Overrated" doesnt exist to me in music. Somebody might like something more than somebody else. Its just different opinions cause everybody's different. Yall do what you do on here. Come up with all kinda topics, yall say anything and its just something to conversate about. But 2pac's the man, he stays on peoples minds on here. Most of us regular, life to live people out here just enjoy and respect his music accordingly.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    1.No classic verses , as I've stated before, though he does have classic songs. There's a difference (Dear Momma, Brenda's got a baby, etc.)

Cosign the bolded keep killin em.These sheep are trained to say pac is goat and cant articulate why

Lol @ those basic ass hail mary verse's being classic to these groupies.'In the dark/evil lurks/enemies/see me bleed'

'I aint scared/mama checkin in my bedroom/I aint there' Lmao

Tupakks stories were all basic as fucc.Brenda's got a baby - Basic,Violent(prolly his best story) - Basic

Shorty wanna be a thug - Basic.Compared to Nasir small world or Get Down,Biggie ? bleed or Somebody's got to Die,Cube ghetto Vet or summer vacation,Krs one loves gonna getcha,Jigga soon you'll understand,Ghostface's Shakey Dog this ? sounds like an amateur

Like homie said duke NEVER,ever,ever blaccs out.Troublesome is the closest maybe if I die 2nite too

That's 2 songs out a thousand and his flow sucked he be off beat wit that drunken flow.He mad overrated

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Dudes is clearly hating. Pac had classic verses, and he definitely had lyrics. Him having no classic albums is true though.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Me Against the World is a classic album. Point, blank, period. It's timeless. I place it right up there with Illmatic, OB4CL, Midnight Maurderers, The Infamous, and 36 Chambers.

As for emceeing, 'Pac isn't a punchline rapper. Thank ? . If that's what you think counts as a 'great MC,' then go bump your Jay-Z. 'Pac is a rapper with substance. And I'll take that any day over witty similes and punchlines.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for freestyle prowess, 'Pac was an excellent freestyler and like many West Coast rappers (Snoop), almost always came off the dome.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac had albums that were considered classic after he died. I don't want to drum on and on about duke but he recorded 4 albums while still breathing and only 2 were really successful on a major scale.

I think 2pac has classics but AEOM is not one of them. 2pac wasn't a "spitter" either so he doesn't have the tightest verses known to man but his ? was well crafted. A poet's pen & a rapper's pen are very different.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welcome to the IC, only place where albums like Me Against The World and Illmatic are not considered classics by wiggers and dumbfucks actually agree.
    nerds these days man, just be glad you're saying this stuff with your keyboard inside of your house.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's universally accepted that pac has no classics.
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    i got some other edgy thread ideas for you edgy nerds:
    Enter The Wu Tang = Overrated piece of trash
    eminem = a good producer
    lil wayne = is top 3 dead or alive
    Illmatic = worst thing in music history, ever
    gucci mane = a lyrical genius
    50 cent has classics (lmfaooo)
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    i got some other edgy thread ideas for you edgy nerds:
    Enter The Wu Tang = Overrated piece of trash
    eminem = a good producer
    lil wayne = is top 3 dead or alive
    Illmatic = worst thing in music history, ever
    gucci mane = a lyrical genius
    50 cent has classics (lmfaooo)

Those are just ridiculous
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lmao this 'justok' kid emotional as fucc.It's several people cosignin,it aint like then premise is trolling.Tupakk overrated get over that ?

Don't cry cuz ? dont idolize pac like u do,when u driving all alone wit no hoes listenin to share so many tears u ? ass ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    You need a father figure to help you control your feelings, my ?
  • just.might.b.ok
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lmao this 'justok' kid emotional as fucc.It's several people cosignin,it aint like then premise is trolling.Tupakk overrated get over that ?

Don't cry cuz ? dont idolize pac like u do,when u driving all alone wit no hoes listenin to share so many tears u ? ass ?

lmfao at this ? , yeah, cause i click the feelins button everytime someone doesnt agree with my posts.
    just look at how many ? started to catch feelins over my original post. you nerds deal with homotions like ? .
    U-Mad.jpg