Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Changing the manderin has nothing to do with tdk and we dont even know how he was before

so a grounded gritty approach isn't similar to tdk when the last batch of marvel flims other than spiderman was on

the high fantasy sci fi ? come on . So avengers was grounded , thor, captain america really thats news to me

whats your definition of "grounded"?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Changing the manderin has nothing to do with tdk and we dont even know how he was before

so a grounded gritty approach isn't similar to tdk when the last batch of marvel flims other than spiderman was on

the high fantasy sci fi ? come on . So avengers was grounded , thor, captain america really thats news to me

I did not know TDK created gritty. Ironman 3 looks like Ironman 1 with more action. LOL@ grounded when these are movies about fictional characters with impossible abilities.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So War Machine is gonna be in there...........nice

I also see they are laying out the groundwork now for the "Extremis" armor (if you don't know, research it yourself)

We all gotta remember tho, this movie will also lay out the groundwork that will build up to Thanos......
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    Looks dope but...

2 things did they really turn a chinese ? white?

and did i see the iron patriot?

Yeah even tho it's really war machine with a tricked out paint job
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did not know TDK created gritty. Ironman 3 looks like Ironman 1 with more action. LOL@ grounded when these are movies about fictional characters with impossible abilities.

For superhero movies it did that's why you got all those reboots all of sudden don't be coy . Grounded in reality

meaning even tho their doing amazing things it doesn't look cartoonish and its not campy
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder if they're gonna go the route of the comics by having Iron Man hook up with The Guardians of the Galaxy, who incidentally have their own movie coming out.

Makes sense if to do nothing else but pave the way for Thor 2 and the other Marvel movies to all come back full circle in Avengers 2 with Thanos as the villain.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks Dark, Like that Shane Black who wrote Lethel Weapon, Last Boyscout and Long Kiss Goodnight is behind it. Also anyone saying this is biting "The Dark Knight", please, TDK bit Rocky III. The Hero getting beat up and coming back is not a new concept in film. Overall though I'm sorry I cannot take Hollywood seriously. Why are they STILL Whitewashing roles in 2012? The Mandarin is a Chinese character PERIOD? Ben Kingsley? Really? Yes he's a great actor but you aren't going to tell me in 2012 you couldn't find a Chinese or Asian actor to play the role? Cho yun fat? Ken Wantanbe? There are plenty of quality Asian actors out there. This would be like if in the new Wolverine movie they casted a white guy to play the Silver Samurai who's clearly a Japanese character. It's getting pathetic and sad. If "Last Airbender, Dragon ball and Prince of Perisa" wasn't enough. They whitewashed The Mandarin? Also even if the the character was written racist back in the day. You aren't going to write it the same way in 2012. It's a Chinese character, they aren't getting a pass from me on this:

mandarinbanner.jpg

I'm not similar with Mandarin in the comics so I didn't know he's Chinese. It's just like Tom Cruise being in the last Samurai. It not really a big deal to me but I can understand comic-book heads getting ? at this. I thought they totally ? Bane up in Dark Knight Rises making him British and giving him no venom or pump up. Hollywood really doesn't give a ? about the material except for the box office earnings.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For superhero movies it did that's why you got all those reboots all of sudden don't be coy . Grounded in reality

meaning even tho their doing amazing things it doesn't look cartoonish and its not campy

Superman was not campy except for maybe Luthor, but Reeve as Superman was pretty grounded. Ironman is not a reboot lol. As I said before it looks like Ironman 1. Blade was not campy either although he is an anti hero. Robocop was gritty as well and it was way before TDK.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never heard of the iron patriot and i dont like how they made ben kingsley play the mandarin

dude isnt asian and he is way too old
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a little lost...
    Whats that in the ironman suit stalking Tony & the red head?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said it would be too much to explain Mandarin getting the rings from aliens and the magical powers they have would have to be all CGI

Instead the 10 rings are a terrorist group and Mandarin is the leader, Sucks because Mandarin is the most well known Iron Man villain
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that iron patriot looks tight
    and ken watanabe wouldve been a perfect mandarin...johnny depp will be playing tonto next year also
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    I'm a little lost...
    Whats that in the ironman suit stalking Tony & the red head?

Its being controlled remotely the extremis suit is nanotech and the red head is a characted but I'm not too familiar with her in the comics
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    They are kinda biting the "misunderstood" terrorist angle of Bane...but it's not completely blatant. Man they ? up with not making the rings have special abilities. Doesn't and wouldn't be "magical" per se...sort of that pseudo-magic thing that Thor did so well. I was looking forward to seeing Fing Fang Foom on screen!!!

And I agree with finding an Asian actor to play Mandarin. Krishna's my dude and all, but it has to be a slant that plays him.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I heard Fin Fang Foom gonna be a ninja in armor instead of a dragon

399px-Fin_Fang_Foom_Granov_0508.jpg
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not the biggest Ben kingsley fan, especially after "the wackness", but I like the approach he took to Mandarins voice.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I came in here to say is 2 things

1. the mandarins rings look some ? out a gumball machine.

2. Hollywhite strikes again!!! Did these ? just change a well known asian character to a cracka who looks like he should be in "game of thrones"?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda surprised its coming out in April tho
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess I'm going to see this in April.....

Shouts out to my wife reppin my N.O. Teams! We got to linkup to a Hornets

Game!
  • iron man1
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Kinda surprised its coming out in April tho

Internationally but we still gotta wait til may smh
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the whole mandarin poster
    1i7vl.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    No Fing Fang Foom?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He took Stark's shades and his stupid helmet. Ha.
  • iron man1
    Options
    New ironman 3 trailer released on mobile so I can't put it up but damn hulkbuster armor let's go