Assassin's Creed 3

Options
Art-illery
Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in IllGaming
Assassin's Creed 3 Breaks Ubisoft's Record with 40 Million Pre-orders

Ubisoft has built its Assassins Creed Franchise into a veritable avalanche of hype, and apparently it’s paid off. Assassin’s Creed 3 is Ubisoft’s most pre-ordered game ever, more than doubling the company’s previous record holder: Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. The game comes out next Tuesday, and it’s already sold 40 million copies worldwide.

It’s not hard to see why this happens – Assassins Creed 3 has all the benefits of an established franchise with all the excitement of a new IP. It’s the same game we know and love, only it’s in a different time period and its completely different. What’s great for Ubi, too, is that this model can be replicated for years and years to come. The time-hopping premise of the series means that it can milk the Revolutionary War for a year or two, and then move on to an entirely new era with all the buzz that comes with that.

It doesn’t hurt that Assassin’s Creed 3 is looking like a great game. The previous installments were criticized for being derivative and repetitive, but this new game has a wealth of new material. It was one of the clear standouts at E3 this year and it comes to the game with some tried and true mechanics. A mess of DLC could turn this into one of the biggest moneymakers of the holiday season.

Article Link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/10/25/assassins-creed-3-breaks-ubisofts-record-with-40-million-pre-orders/

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ this ? . The AC franchise as a whole isn't even at 40 mil but we supposed to believe that this one game has 40 million pre-orders?...? outta here (I did pre-order it tho lol).
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to AC:Liberation.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    impossible

first 3 games sold 28 million combined worldwide.

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be gettin my AC vita bundle as well as AC3
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AC is a wack franchise
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    AC is a wack franchise

Shut up
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go it reserved.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Best game this gen
  • Art-illery
    Options
    ? ... If only I didn't have to pay rent! Even if I did have the money, all of the stores are probably SOLD OUT of this game! There was only one game in my life that I knew of that sold out everywhere I went when it dropped (I think I bought the last copy at one store). That game was Final Fantasy 7. Ubisoft eatin.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not into preordering, Ill wait till prices drop
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ this ? . The AC franchise as a whole isn't even at 40 mil but we supposed to believe that this one game has 40 million pre-orders?...? outta here (I did pre-order it tho lol).

ok and? after the last one this game alone is turning heads bruh so it's believable....I got my pre-order like a muthafucka
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Art-illery wrote: »
    ? ... If only I didn't have to pay rent! Even if I did have the money, all of the stores are probably SOLD OUT of this game! There was only one game in my life that I knew of that sold out everywhere I went when it dropped (I think I bought the last copy at one store). That game was Final Fantasy 7. Ubisoft eatin.

You dont have $5 to pre-order? that's all it takes to get it at gamestop
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

ok and? after the last one this game alone is turning heads bruh so it's believable....I got my pre-order like a muthafucka

think about it for a second. do you really think AC3 has almost 10x the amount of preorders Black Ops 1 did? [BO1 had 4.5 million worldwide] it's either a marketing scheme or a typo. i hope the game is successful never the less.

taken 2 minutes ago @ www.vgchartz.com. granted this is on the NA preorder numbers, but this is where the series is most popular.
    vg.png

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smh, no, no it's not. The article he quoted is wrong:

Assassin’s Creed III Pre-Orders Break Ubisoft Record
    More than twice the number of Assassin’s Creed Revelations.
    by Andrew Goldfarb
    October 25, 2012

Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed III is the most pre-ordered game in company history. According to Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed III pre-orders have “more than doubled” the number of pre-orders for Assassin’s Creed Revelations, which was the previous pre-order record holder.

GameStop president Tony Bartel said pre-orders are “nearly 100% higher than last year, putting the game on track to be one of the top titles of 2012” and Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key added that “this impressive pre-order mark is just a hint of the game’s potential.”

Revelations only sold 3.72 on 360 and 3.69 on PS3 worldwide. He said more than doubled, but didn't say triple, quadrupled, etc. You can do the math, but I'll give you a hint, it's not even close to 40 million. Either way, I'm picking my ? up next Tuesday.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many of those did Ubisoft pre order? This means nothing since this is not units sold and pre orders can be canceled.

Will wait for a price drop since they should have used this concept instead of making the last two games.
    The Vita game looks better too.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm not waiting. Getting this Day 1 and buying the Vita bundle when it drops
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

lol I'll come take your copy.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My brother already got his pre-ordered so I'm just waiting for the release date.
  • Art-illery
    Options

Really? Damn. I thought you had to buy the game.

• joshuaboy
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »

lol I'll come take your copy.

It's a long flight to get here lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://gamerxchange.net/2012/10/25/kmart-puts-assassins-creed-iii-on-sale-at-launch/

if you buy it at kmart first day, you get it for 10 off, PLUS a $10 card for kmart.

• vageneral08
    Options

think about it for a second. do you really think AC3 has almost 10x the amount of preorders Black Ops 1 did? [BO1 had 4.5 million worldwide] it's either a marketing scheme or a typo. i hope the game is successful never the less.

taken 2 minutes ago @ www.vgchartz.com. granted this is on the NA preorder numbers, but this is where the series is most popular.
    vg.png

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

ok a chart for the us.....this 40 million is most likely worldwide
  • vageneral08
    Options

Really? Damn. I thought you had to buy the game.

If you pre-ordered the game you wouldnt have to buy it the day it drops.....broke ass
  • vageneral08
    Options

smh, no, no it's not. The article he quoted is wrong:

Assassin’s Creed III Pre-Orders Break Ubisoft Record
    More than twice the number of Assassin’s Creed Revelations.
    by Andrew Goldfarb
    October 25, 2012

Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed III is the most pre-ordered game in company history. According to Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed III pre-orders have “more than doubled” the number of pre-orders for Assassin’s Creed Revelations, which was the previous pre-order record holder.

GameStop president Tony Bartel said pre-orders are “nearly 100% higher than last year, putting the game on track to be one of the top titles of 2012” and Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key added that “this impressive pre-order mark is just a hint of the game’s potential.”

Revelations only sold 3.72 on 360 and 3.69 on PS3 worldwide. He said more than doubled, but didn't say triple, quadrupled, etc. You can do the math, but I'll give you a hint, it's not even close to 40 million. Either way, I'm picking my ? up next Tuesday.

lank for this?