Marcus Latimore of South Carolina Knee is gone

Options

Comments

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel bad for dude but, he can still have a career just not like it was suppose to be.
    Remember in the National Championship game when it was Miami vs. Ohio State and Willis McGahee got hit in the leg and it bent back like Lattimore's.
    Willis made it to the NFL and has had a pretty good career, Lattimore can still make it it will be hard.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I feel bad for dude but, he can still have a career just not like it was suppose to be.
    Remember in the National Championship game when it was Miami vs. Ohio State and Willis McGahee got hit in the leg and it bent back like Lattimore's.
    Willis made it to the NFL and has had a pretty good career, Lattimore can still make it it will be hard.

Yeah he can do it. Gotta dig deep but with his work ethic and drive it is possible. He needs to rehab next year and just enter the 2014 draft. He could redshirt next year and come back for 2014 but I don't think that would be in his best interest.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope he recovers fully.
    Seeing that made me cringe like seeing Johnny Knox's back injury.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrible injury. One of the worst ever.

Sad to see him crying/weeping with the towel over his head too. I can only imagine what was going through his head, knowing his career is probably over.

I don't think he's ever coming back from that.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    South Carolina Press Release on Lattimore "The hyperextension of the knee resulted in injury to several ligaments. There were no fractures or additional injuries"
    Lattimore is resting comfortably and will continue to be evaluated over the course of the week.
    "He already begun the process of prehabilitation prior to surgery and to his eventual return to football."
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's car accident caliber.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Puts money in collection plate for Todd Gurley's knees*

Even though I hated lattimore for 3 years I hope he can recover from this and have a successful NFL career
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mofos are hopeful in here I see

his career is done unfortunately

hopefully he will at least be able to walk normally..............but as far as football he's done
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    South Carolina Press Release on Lattimore "The hyperextension of the knee resulted in injury to several ligaments. There were no fractures or additional injuries"
    Lattimore is resting comfortably and will continue to be evaluated over the course of the week.
    "He already begun the process of prehabilitation prior to surgery and to his eventual return to football."

Source?

I read yesterday he had ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL tears... and a broken fibula and knee cap!
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    That look on his face tho. It was like someone opening up a back taxes letter from the IRS

mj-laughing.gif
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn..the Knee collector strikes again.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm just impressed how composed cuzzo looked when they carted him off the field

I mean he pretty much almost lost his leg on live tv

and only shed a few tears

he had to be in a lot of pain
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

Source?

I read yesterday he had ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL tears... and a broken fibula and knee cap!

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102812aac.html
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's the thing though Willis had no prior serious or nagging injury problems before that...which is probably one of the reasons he had a smooth recovery......but its a toss up for lattimore, but he has advanced medicine on his side and a killer work ethic so hope is there...
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »

That's the thing though Willis had no prior serious or nagging injury problems before that...which is probably one of the reasons he had a smooth recovery......but its a toss up for lattimore, but he has advanced medicine on his side and a killer work ethic so hope is there...

It wasn't the same knee though.
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just impressed how composed cuzzo looked when they carted him off the field

I mean he pretty much almost lost his leg on live tv

and only shed a few tears

he had to be in a lot of pain

He was in shock
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    That look on his face tho. It was like someone opening up a back taxes letter from the IRS

mj-laughing.gif

Matt is ruthless
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad my man Latt isn't in as bad of condition as we thought. He was cutting it up yesterday too.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i see stuff like this is why I think I wouldnt mind seeing all players wear knee braces
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESPN said there were no breaks or fractures. They're calling it a hyper extension & he tore the ligaments. In essence it's Willis Mcgahee all over again even though it looked worse. After an extensive rehab ? should be able to come back.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's just a dislocated knee. That's bad, but it could have been worse.

The question is what should he do now. He can probably bounce back from the injury. If he wants to go as high in the draft as he possibly can, he'll need to play another season to show that he's past the injury. However, with his luck in college and the injuries he's already sustained, he should probably just take his chances and get some guaranteed money.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    When i see stuff like this is why I think I wouldnt mind seeing all players wear knee braces

Because they would run a lot slower, have less agility, not jump as high.

• blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's just a dislocated knee. That's bad, but it could have been worse.

The question is what should he do now. He can probably bounce back from the injury. If he wants to go as high in the draft as he possibly can, he'll need to play another season to show that he's past the injury. However, with his luck in college and the injuries he's already sustained, he should probably just take his chances and get some guaranteed money.

I dislocated my knee playing basketball , but that ? that happened to this guy looked bad his leg twisted all the way around my knee just went to the side.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would be no advantage to anyone if all players wore it...
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options

Would be no advantage to anyone if all players wore it...

all it would take is one player NOT to wear it, and then everyone else would have to adapt.