Game series that need to end?

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in IllGaming
I choose Resident Evil. Seriously its time to stop beating that dead horse.

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tekken, Virtual Fighter, and as much as I hate to admit it, Mega Man X.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ^^^Hasn't been a new MMX game since 2004 bruh, actually I think it's time for a new one as long as it stays 2-D.

CoD needs to go away for at least 5 years. Same with Final Fantasy...

(but they won't. their developers will milk them into the ground until nobody cares anymore.)
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoD
    Resident Evil
    NBA Live
    Madden
    Halo
    Final Fantasy
    Dynasty Warriors and its spin offs
    pretty much anything made by EA Sports that isnt Mass Effect and they even tried to ? that up
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ? I been waiting all gen for a new Megaman, a real 1 not the 8 bit classic ? Im ? they cancelled the one with Bad Box Art Megaman and Ryu in it
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need for Speed (should've just stopped at paradise)
    Resident Evil
    Halo
    Forza
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How Long They Gonna Milk Master Chief For? Can They Move On To Another Spartan And Expand The Universe Using New Characters Instead That ? And Cortana? Atleast Solid Snake Is Retired For The Most Part...Theyre Trying New Things Revengenance And Prequels With Big Boss....Resident Evil Needs A Serious ReVamp...Bring The Survival Horror And Lay Off The Gears Of War ? ...I Like What They Did With The Outbreak..They Go Back To That ? With Current/Next Gen Graphics...Speaking Of Gears Of Wars ? Off That Depressing Ass Series...Somebody Give Them ? Some Xanax...Those Games Are Written By Aggro 12 Year Olds...Somebody Tells Kratos To Stop ? Tantrums....4 Games Worth Of This ? Roiding Out...And Ive Only Played Part 3.....Princess Peach Needs A Restraining Order Against Bowser....So ? That Noise....We Need New IP's
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battlefield
    Assassin Creed
    Gears
    Halo
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COD
    Halo (should have ended with Bungie)
    ? of War
    Resident Evil
    Final Fantasy

RE and FF could keep the concept and keep pumping out new games with good stories if they keep improving the experience, but the games have been dropping in quality. Sad to say the best in the series was last gen.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mega Man X should have stopped after X5. it was supposed to go straight into the Zero series after that.
    Pokemon
    Madden
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ Madden needing to end. It just needs some competition, not a exclusivity deal.

On another note, PS+ gave away NFL Blitz a couple of weeks ago. I went to play it yesterday, and then saw that it was made by EA....? got deleted quick.

Co-sign ? of War, Gears of War & Resident Evil. I would say COD, but the only wack one was MW3. They just need to not release every year, but that won't happen.
  • funkdocdamc
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Just when you thought that MW might be done, boom:

Modern Warfare 4 revealed by actor Bill Murray
    October 30, 2012 7:51AM PDT
    Guy Cocker
    By Guy Cocker, Editor

Voice of Captain Price confirms MW4 under development at studio Infinity Ward, carries on story from the previous games.

The next chapter in the Call of Duty franchise, Black Ops II, isn't out until November 13th, but already another game in the series is being readied. Modern Warfare 4 is in the works, at least if voice actor Bill Murray is to be believed.

Looks like there's going to be more of this, but with a

Looks like there's going to be more of this, but with a "4" on the end.

The actor, who has played Captain Price in the previous two games in the series, told This is Xbox that he is set to reprise his role soon. He said, “Yeah, on Monday I am off to meet Infinity Ward about the next game, Modern Warfare 4, I’m doing work on the sequel to Modern Warfare 3, it carries straight on and I only ever appear in the Modern Warfare games…”

News of another entry in the Modern Warfare franchise should come as no surprise. Traditionally, development duties on the Call Of Duty series are split between Infinity Ward and Treyarch, with each studio producing a game every two years.

Infinity Ward's last game was the critically acclaimed Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Since then the studio has remained largely silent following the loss of head Jason West and Vince Zampella, as well as outspoken creative strategist Robert Bowling,

Black Ops II is due for release worldwide on November 13 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. PlayStation Vita game Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is due out also on that date, with a Wii U version following as a launch title for Nintendo's new console on November 18.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/modern-warfare-4-revealed-by-actor-bill-murray-6399131

smh and nh at the dude's name who wrote the article.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MW4 won't be bought

Black Ops 2 will
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cod and Halo are the main culprits.. fighting games are fighting games... but the FPS market is over polluted with watered down bs
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hated MW3 as much as the next ? , but still...MW4 (or whatever the next the COD is) will be launching on the X3OX and PS4. ? lying if they saying they not coping them ? . The only games with a shot at ending COD's reign is whatever Bungie and Respawn are cooking up, but we know nothing about them.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I'm hated MW3 as much as the next ? , but still...MW4 (or whatever the next the COD is) will be launching on the X3OX and PS4. ? lying if they saying they not coping them ? . The only games with a shot at ending COD's reign is whatever Bungie and Respawn are cooking up, but we know nothing about them.

I actually didn't cop that shitfest known as MW3 (I played my brother's copy), but I don't represent the majority, so....

If the next Xbox/PS don't release in 2013, then this will be for current gen systems and the WiiU.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MGS. The story is absolute ? at this point. As much as I love the games, storywise I can't even see where they would take the next one. The ending of 4 was the perfect ending to an incredible series, they need to leave it as it is.

DMC

RE
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic
    Halo
    Crash mthrfkkn Bandicoot
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    co-sign Ninja Gaiden
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Final Fantasy. It had potential back in '94 but when that ? awful FF7 came out.

The whole Square company should have shut down.

Resident Evil.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Uncharted needs to end soon as well. It doesn't need to be THAT series that's on game #7 tryin to recover from going downhill. There are already weaknesses in the storyline with Uncharted 3 and they can make a recovery with #4... but I'd say a 5 main-series game max and with another spin-off.. MAYBE 2.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Ninja Gaiden
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic
    Halo
    Crash mthrfkkn Bandicoot

Ninja Gaiden: Yeah. They screwed the pooch HARD with 3.
    Mortal Kombat: NO. The new joint single handedly brought that series back from the point of irrelevancy.
    Sonic: Dunno, the last 2 joints were good, but at this point they releasing them ? like a Sports game
    Halo: I'ma wait to see if Halo 4 is any good before I pass judgement on that series
    Crash Bandicoot: They ain't made one of them ? in years
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic
    Halo
    Crash mthrfkkn Bandicoot

Mortal Kombat: NO. The new joint single handedly brought that series back from the point of irrelevancy.
    Sonic: Dunno, the last 2 joints were good, but at this point they releasing them ? like a Sports game
    Halo: I'ma wait to see if Halo 4 is any good before I pass judgement on that series
    Lol I dunno if they'll be able to recover from Ninja Gaiden 3. I think the last MK was as successful cause they went back to the essence while giving it a new school feel (new engine and went back to 2D gameplay), they didn't try to make the series something it's not (MK vs DC), and they didn't try too hard with any new storyline. It was a throwback but something new and it came out great. MK needed that. I don't know what they'll do if they are to make a new game. A lot of character storylines have went to ? and became stale as hell too...just a matter of running outta ideas, I guess... and most new characters they've introduced since MK4 they don't even use anymore because they've been so wack compared to the originals, minus a few of them.

Sonic is just stale to me and I never liked Halo so that just may be me being biased.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic
    Halo
    Crash mthrfkkn Bandicoot

Lol I dunno if they'll be able to recover from Ninja Gaiden 3. I think the last MK was as successful cause they went back to the essence while giving it a new school feel, they didn't try to make the series something it's not (MK vs DC), and they didn't try too hard with any new storyline. It was a throwback but something new and it came out great. MK needed that. I don't know what they'll do if they are to make a new game.. A lot of character storylines have went to ? and became stale as hell too...just a matter of running outta ideas, I guess... and most new characters they've introduced since MK4 they don't even use anymore because they've been so wack compared to the originals, minus a few of them.

Sonic is just stale to me and I never liked Halo so that just may be me being biased.

Those 3d mk games were so bad
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic
    Halo
    Crash mthrfkkn Bandicoot

Lol I dunno if they'll be able to recover from Ninja Gaiden 3. I think the last MK was as successful cause they went back to the essence while giving it a new school feel, they didn't try to make the series something it's not (MK vs DC), and they didn't try too hard with any new storyline. It was a throwback but something new and it came out great. MK needed that. I don't know what they'll do if they are to make a new game.. A lot of character storylines have went to ? and became stale as hell too...just a matter of running outta ideas, I guess... and most new characters they've introduced since MK4 they don't even use anymore because they've been so wack compared to the originals, minus a few of them.

Those 3d mk games were so bad
    Awful and the fighting was stiff as hell.. LOL @ floating 10 seconds in the air countering moves and ? .