SO, THE NEW TREND IS TO ? YOURSELF.. SMH

Options

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    What makes you think these kids that commit suicide are coddled?

There is a demographic of people who are most likely to commit suicide:

Single men over the age of 40.

Men are also more likely to commit more violent suicides than women.

Who cares about the stats? Unless you have a terminal illness or injury, people who ? themselves are soft.

They made a conscious decision to end their own life, because life's pressures were too much for them.

Its darwinism in its purest form....no sympathy. You dont want to live??? ? yourself then, life goes on.

haven't been suicidal before but i know people who've committed or attempted suicide, and i have to disagree. these people are not weak as much as sick. sometimes, the sickness is from within, but it's also external. and they merely lack the will to live any more for whatever the reason....

really it actually takes considerable amount of courage and will to commit suicide ...

problem is unfortunately our culture often gives people the impression that no one goes through the same pain as them or they are alone in suffering...

Perseverance takes more will and courage than suicide.

i'm not a psych major or anything but fam your wrong...

to commit suicide you're going against every instinct in your body, which is a very difficult thing to do....

its not as black an white as your making it out to be...

• bitchdontkillmyvibe
    bitchdontkillmyvibe Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure where in there I looked for sympathy. You clearly know nothing at all about mental illness. Stop frontin.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Not sure where in there I looked for sympathy. You clearly know nothing at all about mental illness. Stop frontin.

I take a behaviorist approach to suicide..

While i am aware that there are chemical imbalances that can cause severe depression, there are medications that can possibly treat those problems.
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options

While i am aware that there are chemical imbalances that can cause severe depression, there are medications that can possibly treat those problems.

You just said that people who commit suicide are soft and it's survival of the fittest so they should off themselves. You're talking out of your ass now.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bookworm wrote: »
    Life is hard, get over it.
    This is one of the worst things u can say to the mentally ill. That ignorant view is the very reason that so many mentally ill suffer in private.
  • Kushington
    Options

You just said that people who commit suicide are soft and it's survival of the fittest so they should off themselves. You're talking out of your ass now.

I was trolling, this is the IC, not a blackboard psychology convo...

Stop catchin feelings
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options
    Suddenly when you have been called out I'm "catching feelings." Interesting. ? , dude.
  • Kushington
    Options
    Suddenly when you have been called out I'm "catching feelings." Interesting. ? , dude.

DRO made this thread, i didnt know the IC suddenly became an academic messageboard..

Stop catchin feelings.

• bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options

DRO made this thread, i didnt know the IC suddenly became an academic messageboard..

Stop catchin feelings.

tumblr_mck17tBrFc1qk92sf.gif
  • Kushington
    Options
    Is that what you told @sour, you lobster footed ? ?
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Killing yourself wont solve anything.I think it's best to overcome the BS and Live
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't it be a lifestyle instead? since when you do it there's no way of reverting you life back the way it was.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    Options
    when you ? yourself.i dont see you going to heaven
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why question the people that are feeling so bad they think their best option is to end their lives,
    and not the people that drove them to this point?
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    Options
    when you ? yourself.i dont see you going to heaven
    It depends on your beliefs. I don't believe in an afterlife.

Also what about people who have terminal illnesses or are in chronic pain? If they choose suicide are they going to hell?
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    Options
    Killing yourself wont solve the issue.How can ? give you a fair trial when you killed yourself off?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people need to off their selves to make this world a better place. Maybe it's not a mental illness but a confirmation of their insignificance.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when getting bullied made me become a bully... I was 5'10 125 and bullied people like crazy... I'n today's world, I'd be the 1st kid to die in a columbine shooting or the dude that make a kid wanna ? himself... not sure if it's a good or bad thing
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    their will to live was weak thats all
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Society trained thought. It's cool to be with the "in" crowd or the multitudes. Hence the increase in suicides and people becoming ? .

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes you think these kids that commit suicide are coddled?

There is a demographic of people who are most likely to commit suicide:

Single men over the age of 40.

Men are also more likely to commit more violent suicides than women.

Who cares about the stats? Unless you have a terminal illness or injury, people who ? themselves are soft.

They made a conscious decision to end their own life, because life's pressures were too much for them.

Its darwinism in its purest form....no sympathy. You dont want to live??? ? yourself then, life goes on.

The stats matter because someone said that parents coddle their children. The stats say that overall there aren't children committing suicide. No ? .

Anyway, I can understand if you don't have severe depression that you don't get it.

This is the reason psychiatrists and therapists exist.

I was a psych major, so you miss me with that ? ...I know why mentally unstable people do what they do.

But for NORMAL people, life has ups and downs, you gotta deal with both and everything in between.

Everybody that is alive has some type of problems.

We all dont ? ourselves, self preservation is supposed to override everything else in life.

Not everyone was raised the same . Not everyone had a father. Can't be judgmental

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @atribecalledgabi you really disagreeing ma or you still ? with the doc?

punk ass ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    nah i'm really disagreeing with you this time. otherwise i woulda just wack'd you like we always do.

being suicidal to fit into a group is probly the dumbest ? i've ever seen you say....& i usually agree with a lot ? you say.

because if you ? yourself what group are you fitting into? the corpses all around you in the dirt?

& we already discussed people "becoming" ? (whatever that means). you wouldn't do anything ? unless you're already leaning that way to begin with. you can dress a certain way, listen to whatever music, do whatever the ? you want. but society ain't gon make you completely change who you are.
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just want to add to what I said before.

I talked about how once a suicide is publicized they seem to come into clusters, I do not think they are doing this to fit in or because its a trend. They do this because seeing that someone else has done it bring those thoughts into the forefront of your mind and it gives you more "courage" to go through with it.