SO, THE NEW TREND IS TO ? YOURSELF.. SMH

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah i'm really disagreeing with you this time. otherwise i woulda just wack'd you like we always do.

being suicidal to fit into a group is probly the dumbest ? i've ever seen you say....& i usually agree with a lot ? you say.

because if you ? yourself what group are you fitting into? the corpses all around you in the dirt?

& we already discussed people "becoming" ? (whatever that means). you wouldn't do anything ? unless you're already leaning that way to begin with. you can dress a certain way, listen to whatever music, do whatever the ? you want. but society ain't gon make you completely change who you are.

*shots fired at al qeida*

If you trying to get popular by being a ? , you were a ? to begin with, I agree.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Getting bullied at school is one thing, you can't really control that but If you are getting bullied online its your fault.

Log off.

Yes its that simple

No its not... not at all!

kids do everything online now... through their computers or smartphones... from watching TV listening to music.. looking up directions... playing games.. chatting with friends... posting pictures ....on and on and on.. to where everything is interconnected.

they've been raised in the computer age and are completely apart of the eco system.

The concept of logging off doesn't even register. They would have to find a replacement .... but what can replace this?.. board games?

What does watching tv playing games, music, looking up directions, etc... Has to do with not getting on FB, Twitter, MySpace, etc...?

When I say Logoff its not in the sense of not using.the internet but not getting.on sights where its basically a gossip rink.

I can be getting bullied on FB and still get on ESPN.com or NFL.com.

The internet is much more then a place to be "social" bruh.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    nah i'm really disagreeing with you this time. otherwise i woulda just wack'd you like we always do.

being suicidal to fit into a group is probly the dumbest ? i've ever seen you say....& i usually agree with a lot ? you say.

because if you ? yourself what group are you fitting into? the corpses all around you in the dirt?

& we already discussed people "becoming" ? (whatever that means). you wouldn't do anything ? unless you're already leaning that way to begin with. you can dress a certain way, listen to whatever music, do whatever the ? you want. but society ain't gon make you completely change who you are.

I know right! It is dumb as ? ! What are you accomplishing, you're dead! But in a society where being known and having "supporters" for any kind of ailments or sexual preferences is a celebrated and respected thing in todays society, you cannot rule out that possibility. For example, look at those Emo kids and people who get into gothic music who celebrate death and depression as if its a good thing. You cannot overlook my opinion.

You have to look at the bigger picture of what I'm saying. People are craving attention and notoriety.

You cannot put it past people to think only for the moment and not for the long term. If you open your eyes, you will see that. For people like us, its stupid. Look at this country, they took the bullying issue to a whole new level. Homosexuality to a whole new level. Now blacks can be racist against other blacks...

But you believe what I said is stupid, yet the variables of idiotic trained thought is passed on to the masses in numerous ways through media.

I don't put nothing past people and you shouldn't either. A moment's glory matters most to plenty of folks who walk this earth

• Shizlansky
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good topic discussion tho Dro
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Getting bullied at school is one thing, you can't really control that but If you are getting bullied online its your fault.

Log off.

Yes its that simple

kids do everything online now... through their computers or smartphones... from watching TV listening to music.. looking up directions... playing games.. chatting with friends... posting pictures ....on and on and on.. to where everything is interconnected.

they've been raised in the computer age and are completely apart of the eco system.

The concept of logging off doesn't even register. They would have to find a replacement .... but what can replace this?.. board games?

What does watching tv playing games, music, looking up directions, etc... Has to do with not getting on FB, Twitter, MySpace, etc...?

When I say Logoff its not in the sense of not using.the internet but not getting.on sights where its basically a gossip rink.

That still doesn't negate people being able to follow you offline though...that's what many of ya'll don't seem to get
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Log off.

Yes its that simple

That still doesn't negate people being able to follow you offline though...that's what many of ya'll don't seem to get

Been established already, I'm talking bout online bulling now.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you are seeing the effects of too much of an influence from japanese pop culture.

look at the way these kids dress, looking just like some ? out of an anime right?
    look at the way they doing their hair?
    look at the way they express themselves online and in real life...

they are consuming so much of it that they dont know when to shut it off and realize that this is real life, and not a backwards comic book or an anime...
    why the ? go-go dancers got cat ears and tails now? the ? going on round here?

A 14-year-old boy leapt more than 100ft to his death from the top of an apartment block in Chaikovsky, Russia, after seeing his favourite manga character killed in a cartoon.
    Police say Leonid Hmelev died instantly.
    The boy was reportedly devastated after seeing the death of the character Itachi Uchiha in the animated movie 'Naruto - Hurricane Chronicle'.
    He left home after posting a message on a social networking site saying he was also 'planning an ending'.
    His worried parents raised the alarm after he did not return home and a search was organised together with neighbours.
    After being missing for two days his body was found yesterday and he was identified by his devastated father Ivan, 38.
    He said: 'I always told him he spent too much time watching the TV - he didn't know what was reality and what was fiction anymore.'
    Teenage suicide in Russia is endemic. It has the third-highest teenage suicide rate in the world, just behind its neighbours Belarus and Kazakhstan and more than three times that of the United States.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226324/Russian-teen-leaps-apartment-block-seeing-favourite-Japanese-cartoon-character-die-television.html#ixzz2B7y0hoRb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Itachi.jpg
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bookworm wrote: »
    Life is hard, get over it.
    This is one of the worst things u can say to the mentally ill. That ignorant view is the very reason that so many mentally ill suffer in private.

I shall say it more often then.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    you are seeing the effects of too much of an influence from japanese pop culture.

look at the way these kids dress, looking just like some ? out of an anime right?

they are consuming so much of it that they dont know when to shut it off and realize that this is real life, and not a backwards comic book or an anime...

A 14-year-old boy leapt more than 100ft to his death from the top of an apartment block in Chaikovsky, Russia, after seeing his favourite manga character killed in a cartoon.
    Police say Leonid Hmelev died instantly.
    The boy was reportedly devastated after seeing the death of the character Itachi Uchiha in the animated movie 'Naruto - Hurricane Chronicle'.
    He left home after posting a message on a social networking site saying he was also 'planning an ending'.
    His worried parents raised the alarm after he did not return home and a search was organised together with neighbours.
    After being missing for two days his body was found yesterday and he was identified by his devastated father Ivan, 38.
    He said: 'I always told him he spent too much time watching the TV - he didn't know what was reality and what was fiction anymore.'
    Teenage suicide in Russia is endemic. It has the third-highest teenage suicide rate in the world, just behind its neighbours Belarus and Kazakhstan and more than three times that of the United States.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226324/Russian-teen-leaps-apartment-block-seeing-favourite-Japanese-cartoon-character-die-television.html#ixzz2B7y0hoRb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Itachi.jpg

I was also devastated when Itachi died.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think suicide is a mental illness unless it's like a criminal shooting it out w/ cops or a murder/suicide

What some ppl go through and get over they can't

It's easy to say ppl are weak etc until somebody you know does that

I also think kids don't understand death, but the cyber bullying suicides are weird to me.

Real bullying is getting punched in the face not a FB status
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    I think suicide is a mental illness unless it's like a criminal shooting it out w/ cops or a murder/suicide

What some ppl go through and get over they can't

It's easy to say ppl are weak etc until somebody you know does that

I also think kids don't understand death, but the cyber bullying suicides are weird to me.

Real bullying is getting punched in the face not a FB status

what ever happen to sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I went to high school in this era, I'll beat the shss outta these students
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

LMAO maybe when 50 of these depressed ? commit dat en masse at a train station ala Suicide Club, I will believe this explanation.....

http://youtu.be/oyV3VD3pBiU
    VIBE wrote: »
    Suicide is almost glorified, especially on the net.

The kids who off themselves make some sort of "heart wrenching, inspirational" video, ? themselves and go viral. It's almost like a rapper dying then being highly praised for nothing. I think these people want that after being in such a dark place for a long time. Knowing you're ending your life, you're ending the ? and you'll live on as some sort of figure to someone.

That's how I see it, that's why it's such a "trend".

Doesn't happen that way for everyone though, but for the most part I'm saying.

Real Talk. There's a 14 y/o activist in Pakistan that just survived gettin clapped in the head and neck by the Taliban cuz she spoke out against banning girls' schools. But these muhfuckas wanna talk bout how Amanda Todd is they hero instead...............smfh.
    matt- wrote: »
    They are logging off in a sense. I've seen people get exposed here and never post again. Grant it they come back as an alias but still...

Like I said in the other thread, this isn't really an option when everyone in the school got Facebooks and Twitters and instagrams and all this other ? in they REAL NAME, linked to the cellphones literally everyone has. The stakes are higher than the IC. "Logging off" won't stop the bullying bcuz you'll still be passing those ? in the hallways.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    them grunge/alternative rock kids been signin about that ? since the 90's it aint nothin new i mean i dont know if the brothers are startin to ? themselves because of it i never really heard of that but in mainstream culture aka white folks yea it been around for a minute
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I think it's kinky when girls dress up like anime chicks lol. I don't care how people dress up, but when you are an individual, you need to let ? know you don't play.

that's how i feel..always be you but stand up for yourself
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    704Hustla wrote: »
    them grunge/alternative rock kids been signin about that ? since the 90's it aint nothin new i mean i dont know if the brothers are startin to ? themselves because of it i never really heard of that but in mainstream culture aka white folks yea it been around for a minute

True.

Most of the suicides being reported are ? or whites.

It'd be interesting to see the statistical breakdown of suicides by race.

• deadeye
    Options

@atribecalledgabi

2qtagbt.jpg

I have a question for you that I don't believe I've asked you previously.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ibfNjaf5tTb0ie.gif

lol i don't play ? games @deadeye
  • deadeye
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ibfNjaf5tTb0ie.gif

lol i don't play ? games @deadeye

@atribecalledgabi