Can the Miami Heat go 72-10?

Options
SleepwalkingInJapan
SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
They're the champs, they have the best player in game, 3 of the top 20 players....

Now they have legit bench depth and deadly 3 point shooters.

Can/will the Heat match or break the Bulls record of 72 wins?

Can the Miami Heat go 72-10? 44 votes

Yes
11%
[Deleted User]S2JilledoutTheBoyRoSleepwalkingInJapan 5 votes
No
88%
wilberdmillzbuttuh_bbull6599joseph sunwhite715rageinfamous114rooster_cogburnhueyCymicaldaneIceBergTaylorsTaY_TrUeunspoken_respectIdiopathic JokerReggie80Chi-Town BullyNothingButTheTruthStoneColdMikeyMister B.KeepOnPushing 39 votes

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bosh ain't nowhere near a top 10 player dude.

Do i think they will, nope because Wade is too injury prone and i think their lack of size will cost them some games.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Nah...the Heat will go through their games in the regular season where they give no ? towards the outcome.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That record will never get broken imo.I don't think a team is capable of winning 73 games and being that focused for a whole season

Also Jordan was on a mission after losin in the 95 playoffs, pippen & rodman missed 23 games combined that year and the bulls won 20 of them.(5-0 without pippen,15-3 without rodman)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I answered yes, they could, but i dont think they will.

1 huge reason they could: the bench.

Cole, Ray, Miller, Rashard Lewis, and UD is a bench that can put up some points and not blow leads like before
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i can see them get to 61 or something like that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Thats saying lebron and wade will play 82 games. They wont. Superstars get rested in the last 6 weeks to prepare for the playoffs
  • S2J
    Options
    Yes
    Thats saying lebron and wade will play 82 games. They wont. Superstars get rested in the last 6 weeks to prepare for the playoffs

True, they'll have best record in the East sewed up quick, but Lakers/OKC/Spurs will make them play the majority of the season to push for best record in the league.

Plus, last year they never rested all 3 of the big 3 at once-they took turns.
  • S2J
    Options
    Yes
    Also...may sound crazy, but Lebron is THAT good, that he could probably push for 60-65 wins without Wade at all. Not sayin Wade aint needed, but Bron won 60+ games with Boobie and Mo Williams...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    But its possible...a regular length season means FAR more rest in between games. I see a lot of blowouts because after Boston and maybe Indiana the east is weak as a whole, this will translate to more rest in the 4th quarters. In the end though there are too many things that have to go right for them to win 73.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Another thread over hyping a team's first win......smh
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Nope because the heat will get blown out by a sub-par team like the pacers or bucks atleast 4x this season. Then regular losses for w/e reason will have them winning around 60 games this season.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    lets get at least a month in before we make these threads
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    the Heat are neither polished nor determined enough.
  • S2J
    Options
    Yes
    freehuey89 wrote: »

Huh? Lol

Lebron won 66 games with the CAVS...I repeat, 66 games-6 shy of the record- w/ the CAVS.

This is a legitimate question/thread.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    3 stans I see
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Bruh ..... 6 weeks though?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Nope. They don't match up well with a few teams, and Wade is injury prone.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    it takes tooooo much energy to win 72 games......between dec to feb....mia will likely get bored and give up a few games
    they will reach 65 though
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    No
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    freehuey89 wrote: »

Huh? Lol

Lebron won 66 games with the CAVS...I repeat, 66 games-6 shy of the record- w/ the CAVS.

This is a legitimate question/thread.

that doesnt matter sir, lebron was the only one scoring on that team
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

exactly. C'mon nba fans. No body is touching that ever.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    No
    rage wrote: »
    But its possible...a regular length season means FAR more rest in between games. I see a lot of blowouts because after Boston and maybe Indiana the east is weak as a whole, this will translate to more rest in the 4th quarters. In the end though there are too many things that have to go right for them to win 73.

Yeah it is possible, but not very likely imo. A full length season and a weak Eastern conference helps them, but every team in the East is gunning for them regardless. Every team is suddenly a blood rival that's capable of making them sweat.

But I still think that the Miami isn't polished or determined enough. Unlike last season, the pressure to win isn't so life-or-death now. And winning the championship last year is going to put them in a "comfort zone." They'll have no hunger drive or killer instinct. Not like MJ and the Bulls had. Besides, the Heat aren't intentionally looking to beat the record. They're simply looking to get into the playoffs and win back-to-back rings. I don't doubt them having an 88 post-season win percentage (which is the equivalent of 72-10) but they're not going to have that percentage in the regular season. Last season, although it was shortened, they only had 70%. Also, that 95-96 Bulls squad was solid whereas Miami is rough around the edges with an slightly above average coach (as opposed to Phil Jackson). And it's only their 3rd season with Lebron and Wade (who is injury-prone). They still have things to figure out.

How could you three seriously vote yes? Must be homers.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Plutarch wrote: »

Yeah it is possible, but not very likely imo. A full length season and a weak Eastern conference helps them, but every team in the East is gunning for them regardless. Every team is suddenly a blood rival that's capable of making them sweat.

But I still think that the Miami isn't polished or determined enough. Unlike last season, the pressure to win isn't so life-or-death now. And winning the championship last year is going to put them in a "comfort zone." They'll have no hunger drive or killer instinct. Not like MJ and the Bulls had. Besides, the Heat aren't intentionally looking to beat the record. They're simply looking to get into the playoffs and win back-to-back rings. I don't doubt them having an 88 post-season win percentage (which is the equivalent of 72-10) but they're not going to have that percentage in the regular season. Last season, although it was shortened, they only had 70%. Also, that 95-96 Bulls squad was solid whereas Miami is rough around the edges with an slightly above average coach (as opposed to Phil Jackson). And it's only their 3rd season with Lebron and Wade (who is injury-prone). They still have things to figure out.

Stop reading after this. The rest is nonsensical horseshit. You arent a mind reader and neither are you a psychologist whose spent any time with the Heat. I'm not entertaining this "Skip Bayless" type of argument.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    No
    Plutarch wrote: »

Stop reading after this. The rest is nonsensical horseshit. You arent a mind reader and neither are you a psychologist whose spent any time with the Heat. I'm not entertaining this "Skip Bayless" type of argument.

I know that you disagree with that statement because I already made that statement before and you no-signed it. And to be honest, I wouldn't blame you for disagreeing with that statement from the jump. But I genuinely think that I made some valid points to actually explain/defend my statement. Don't let the semantics of the original statement fool you.

Heh so chill bruh. It aint that serious, right? It's all just substantiated speculation and opinion. Like your blowout predictions. After all, we are trying to predict and explain the future. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think that anything that I've said is necessarily impossible/irrational. I honestly don't see anything nonsensical about it.

I think that you're reading too much into this "mindreading" and "psychology" bit. But psychology or whatever you want to call it does matter. If you don't think that that matters, then I'd say that you don't know sports. Is it really a stretch to say that the Heat might not be determined enough to beat the record because the intense demand to deliver a championship has passed and because a team's objective is usually to win the championship and not to chase records? If so, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

And is it really a stretch to say that this Heat team isn't as polished as the 95-96 Bulls squad that made the record? Like I said, this Heat team is relatively young and is still working out its kinks. And they have an average coach, so they can be outcoached. And they only had a 70 winning percentage last regular season, which is not so close to the 88 percentage we're talking about. And also, they're injury prone. If all of this is a stretch, then I'll guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here too.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    No
    I think Spo is one of the better coaches in the league...prolly have a bias opinion since I'm a Heat fan.