Your biggest sports heartbreak

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nets losing that game 6 to the Spurs I damn near cried.

Nugent missing those field goals against the Steelers in the 04 playoffs and the Jets losing to the Steelers in the 2010 AFC championship game.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

Nugent missing those field goals against the Steelers in the 04 playoffs and the Jets losing to the Steelers in the 2010 AFC championship game.

got damn Antonio Brown with that catch. i kno Rex cried in the locker room. i didnt sleep that entire night.

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carlos Beltran looking at strike three with the bases loaded in game 7 of the NLCS in 06. That ? still hurts the soul.
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    FSU from 87-2000 except for 2 years (wide rights, wide lefts, peter warrick/Coles scandal, Randy Moss getting kicked out of school for smoking weed, warrick dunn hamstring after beating UF the last game of the season, snoop minnis getting in trouble................... the list goes on)

Jamal Anderson and both his knees.

s(A)ints getting a super bowl before the falcons.

Braves baseball as a whole.

2012 US mens olympic boxing team

American heavy weight boxing
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »

got damn Antonio Brown with that catch. i kno Rex cried in the locker room. i didnt sleep that entire night.

The Jets spotted the Steelers 24 points in the 1st half. You can't do that and expect to win. That game really hurt. Smh.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American heavy weight boxing

and having kurt warner and larry fitzgerald have their way with the eagles in the 2009 playoffs, effectively adding yet another nfc title loss and a missed trip to the superbowl. boy i was never so salty in my life. i had my hopes high and everything. and then dawkins leaving was just the icing on the damn cake. terrible year.

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Vince Young.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don Mattingly never getting a world series ring with the Yankees. Played with them from 1982-1995.

They won the next year...
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas losing to Alabama in the national championship..........my soul is still burning to this day
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    050124_robinson.jpg

blankpushingvick.jpg

*Fixed for my own experience.

That season Vick got hurt ? with my soul a lil bit. That was THE year for us. And it killed my all-time favorite Falcon coach's career (Reeves).

To this day I think Vick took his time rehabbing that ? 'cause we were losing and he was having issues with Reeves.

Can't really say I was too "heartbroken" by 2011. Just a lawse. Green Bay came thru and crushed the buildings. *shrug*

? get the #1 seed and get smacked at home err-day, b. Ask the 2011 packers. lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game 7 of da 2010 finals i swear on everything i aint eat for like 24 hours i neva watched a replay nd will neva watch dat game again dat still burns my soul

AFC championship game last year i wanted to shoot da fair ones wit Lee Evans nd Billy Cundiff after dat ? neither one of them ? ass mawfuckas in da NFL now either

its some more dat aint as major but those 2 hurt me very deeply lls
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Game 7 of da 2010 finals i swear on everything i aint eat for like 24 hours i neva watched a replay nd will neva watch dat game again dat still burns soul /quote]

Lol that was like a top 10 day of my life..Graduated during the day,watched Lakers win the ship, then hit up a live ass party w/ a bunch of hoes with no morals afterwards....ahhhhh a great day for sure.
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    Canes losing to ohio state. It felt lyk a loved one died
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    matt mane wrote: »

Lol easily most painful loss in my years of being a fan of my teams.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching that Cleveland 95 ? . When they said the Ravens drafted Ray Lewis with a pick that the Browns got a year earlier and they knew they was gon draft him. .

I wasnt even mad when Baltimore won the Super Bowl . I got fam in baltimore. But i was better off not knowing about that Ray Lewis ? ...

I knew Lebron was a lame in real life before he made the Decision, so no suprise there
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    050124_robinson.jpg

blankpushingvick.jpg

*Fixed for my own experience.

That season Vick got hurt ? with my soul a lil bit. That was THE year for us. And it killed my all-time favorite Falcon coach's career (Reeves).

To this day I think Vick took his time rehabbing that ? 'cause we were losing and he was having issues with Reeves.

Can't really say I was too "heartbroken" by 2011. Just a lawse. Green Bay came thru and crushed the buildings. *shrug*

? get the #1 seed and get smacked at home err-day, b. Ask the 2011 packers. lol

2011 I got caught up in all the rise up ? and having home field throughout but I got over it. I still feel some type of way about 04 tho because that was the year for me. NFC south champs, 47-17 against the Rams and T.O was out.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saints getting a super bowl before the failcons.

Finally a failcon fan admit that ? . well at least one on the IC. The ones I see everyday say it all the time.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt mane wrote: »

Lol easily most painful loss in my years of being a fan of my teams.

I felt that lost too and aint even a Cane fan.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    rose.jpg

Came to post this

That d-rose commercial is exactly how I felt
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My soul is still burning to this day

tuck_rule_feature.jpg
    ec20095415d39e42487d5c92698f1c1e.jpg
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see da tuck rule burnin, but da Bucs slam washed yall took yall heart nd yall aint been to da playoffs since lol yall was just unprepared dat was one of da WOAT superbowls eva forced Rich Gannon to retire nd everything
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I can see da tuck rule burnin, but da Bucs slam washed yall took yall heart nd yall aint been to da playoffs since lol yall was just unprepared dat was one of da WOAT superbowls eva forced Rich Gannon to retire nd everything

No Gannon retired from an injury against the bucs 2 years later...

But I mean you had an offense with Rice,Brown,and Garner all past their prime plus Gannon was old as ? going against the best defense
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't know about biggest, but i'm surely disappointed that with hundreds of millions of dollars, LeBron can't bothers to moisterize..

1031-lebron-james-ring-1.jpg