So Lebron is going to be the only Player ever immune to the "We're gonna vote for somebody else for

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
...the hell of it rule"?

Many analysts say Jordan should have 10 MVPs... he only got 5 due to voters getting bored.

Dwight clearly was better than Chandler last year on defense... With more blocks and 5 more defensive rebounds a game.. But Chandler got it because howard already won 3 in a row and him "changing the culture" in NY was a cute story line...

But Lebron... Already won 3 of the last 4 MVPs... And likely is going to win a 4th.. Even now that he has 4 Allstars on his team and so much help around him.

Just seems like to me Lebron is getting preferential treatment like a ? . I don't think there's anyway he should end with more MVPs than Jordan but he probably will.

Hey, it is what it is.... Jordan being the Goat has gotten old and boring.. ESPN needs a new storyline to rewrite history and put Lebron above him, and the MVP bias is part of the plan.

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Derrick Rose won the MVP a couple years ago bruh. Lebron could have won it that year as well.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Derrick Rose won the MVP a couple years ago bruh. Lebron could have won it that year as well.

He still got 3 out of 4... Jordan never even got that.

I think many ppl truly felt Rose deserved MVP that year... it's most VALUABLE player... Not best player.. Remember that...

Shaq only has 1.... Kobe 1...

I just don't think many ppl thought Malone / Barkley TRULY deserved those MVP's over Jordan the way ppl felt Rose deserved that 1...

The bulls are nothing without Rose... The heat could possibly still make the Finals without Lebron and a healthy D wade... So really Rose is more valuable to the team tho maybe not a better player.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO I think it will be blasphemy once LeBron wins more regular season MVP's then Jordan... Jordan should have way more then 5.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron has to lose the MVP award every yr...everyone else has to win it
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So are u saying lebron didnt deserve those MVPs
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Kevin Durant get it this year
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron has to lose the MVP award every yr...everyone else has to win it

/thread

The only year Jordan didnt win it that he deserved to is 96-97. This is just another cheap attempt at a Lebron hate thread
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Jordan should have won it the year Barkley won his.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    well he should have won a couple of times before he actually won it . but if you look at gm predictions for the mvp winner they think he should win every year. Last year they thought durant should have won it but Lebron did .
    IMO I think it will be blasphemy once LeBron wins more regular season MVP's then Jordan... Jordan should have way more then 5.

Kareem has more MVPs then Jordan is that Blasphemy . I think Bill Russell has 5 mvps . MVPs are not based on what Jordan had . Its based who is the best player that year . Its not Lebron fault he's consistently the best player each year. If he gets more MVPs then Jordan which I don't think will happen good for him .
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Kareem has more MVPs then Jordan is that Blasphemy . I think Bill Russell has 5 mvps . MVPs are not based on what Jordan had . Its based who is the best player that year . Its not Lebron fault he's consistently the best player each year. If he gets more MVPs then Jordan which I don't think will happen good for him .

Yea but Kareem ain't the GOAT... Jordan the GOAT and he should have more then 5 ? MVP awards throughout his legendary career. I do think LeBron will end up with more regular season MVP awards then MJ but LeBron will never ever get 6 Finals MVP awards.

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who cares that award means nothing
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But lets think about why MJ did not win more then 5, he played in the 80's with Magic and Bird so he only got one MVP and it was always between Bird and Magic, in the 90's there was alot of elite players in the league and he took off a year and half to play baseball, so that played a role in him not getting more then 5 MVP's.
    Charles Barkley got 1, David Robinson got 1, Hakeem Olajuwon got 1 and Karl Malone got 2 and if you ask me I think Patrick Ewing should have won 1 as well so, Mike had elite competion but, he was getting the rings.

People seem to forget Kevin Garnett got 1, Steve Nash got 2, Dirk Nowitski got 1, Kobe Bryant got 1 and Derrick Rose got 1 in the 9 years LeBron has been in the league.
    Paul Pierce hasn't won 1 yet, Dwight Howard hasn't won 1 yet and Kevin Durant hasn't won 1 yet hell Kobe only has 1 MVP so, there is no guarantee that LeBron will pass Mike in MVP's and I don't think he is really worried about that anyway, he wants the rings.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lebron's last year on the Cavs they won 60+ games
    He left and the very next year they won like 12 games.

There is no more valuable player than that.

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell them other candidates to fill the holes in their games and stop your ? complaining.

Durant is a ? defender and doesn't facilitate like Lebron. He is basically a scorer
    Howard is offensively inept

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Tell them other candidates to fill the holes in their games and stop your ? complaining.

Durant is a ? defender and doesn't facilitate like Lebron. He is basically a scorer
    Howard is offensively inept

? always wanna ? on the next man so they can ? eat
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

And the year magic won it in 88-89

Magic 22.5 ppg 13 apg 8 rpg 51% fg

Jordan 32.5 ppg 8 apg 8 rpg 54% fg.Jordan had 7 consecutive triple doubles(2nd most ever) and 10 triple doubles out 11 games

mj was runner up 3x for mvp

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When people say 'Mike only won 5'- really their talking about TWO MVPs that got away- Malone in 96, Barkley in 92. Thats it. No one is going to argue the other MVPs b/c 1)he lost them to MAGIC, 2) He wasnt winning as much his first 5 years.

With Lebron, his biggest 'peer' is supposed to be Durant: how do you give it to Durant when his forte is scoring, yet Bron averages about the same, then gets around the same rebounds, but KILLS him in assists and is clearly a better defender as well?????...AND Bron wins the games

Them GMs not stupid. Yall makin it sound like its a charity that every player is entitled to recieve. No.
  • MC The Rapper
    edited November 2012
    Options

And the year magic won it in 88-89

Magic 22.5 ppg 13 apg 8 rpg 51% fg

Jordan 32.5 ppg 8 apg 8 rpg 54% fg.Jordan had 7 consecutive triple doubles(2nd most ever) and 10 triple doubles out 11 games

mj was runner up 3x for mvp

how many wins did the bulls have compared to the lakers. 1988-1989 The Bulls were 47-35 and were last in their division. The Lakers were 57-25 and won their division and had the best record in their conference.

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^That's why magic got the mvp cuz of the record at the same time jordan didnt have 1 all star teammate like magic had wit worthy.Byron scott and worthy averaged 20+ that year

2nd best player on the bulls was pippen who put up 14 ppg.Ac green put up those on the lakers.Magic had more talent
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Imo, the only year MJ was robbed was 97
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    ^That's why magic got the mvp cuz of the record at the same time jordan didnt have 1 all star teammate like magic had wit worthy.Byron scott and worthy averaged 20+ that year

2nd best player on the bulls was pippen who put up 14 ppg.Ac green put up those on the lakers.Magic had more talent

they weren't looking at it like that they looking at it like okay Kareem just retired and Magic is still leading the team to the top of the Division and Best Record in the Conference.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

they weren't looking at it like that they looking at it like okay Kareem just retired and Magic is still leading the team to the top of the Division and Best Record in the Conference.

Kareem was on that squad too, that was his last season

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Yea but Kareem ain't the GOAT...

ngdnjr.gif

^^will just leave it at that since Nike and ESPN has blinded the youth
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    its about wins not just numbers
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LBJ should hackers won it win Rose got it IMO.