PS3 SALES TOP 70 MILLION SONY ETHERS HATERS ONCE AGAIN

Options
VulcanRaven
VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
IGN wrote:
Sony Computer Entertainment has today announced PlayStation 3 sales have hit 70 million units worldwide as of November 4, 2012. The figure was reached just under six years after the platform launched in 2006.

Sony has also announced that sales of the PlayStation Move motion controller exceeded 15 million units worldwide as of November 11. Software sales have hit 595 million units sold worldwide.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/ps3-sales-hit-70-million-worldwide

The most hated console has continued to ? on haters and ? ass fanboys. I never gave a damn about sales, but I love when fanboys and haters are proven wrong. Not bad for a doomed console and a failing company now hate more.
To date PS3 lifetime sales are 70.2 mil and the 360 lifetime sales are 70.0 mil. Fanboys souls are burning slow.

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They will be @ 100 mill in 3 years
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LOL. So Sony is DOWN about 80 million compared to what the PS1 and PS2 sold. However both Nintendo and M$ saw strong sales INCREASES compared to previous gens. M$ is up over 45 million compared to the OG XBOX and only needed 2 continents to do it. Nintendo is up about 75 million compared to the Gamecube.

Sony went from #1 by far, to a close third. The damage is done. I see no win here.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    THIS GUY IS UPSET LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Why you mad though? Why does this even bother you and burn your soul focus?

All 3 companies did extremely well with sales and none of them are touching the PS2 sales which are irrelevant now. Sony still has the highest selling console no matter how much the wii sold and of course Nintendo and MS sold more than last generation when both their consoles combined did not sell 50 million (they each sold under 30 mil rofl) and the win is that fanboys like you are upset for some reason and can not except the fact that you were wrong. You can type LOL all you want, but the fact is that you are crying inside you pathetic mushroom sucking fagoloid.

Oh BTW the PS2 sold what it did in 10 years ? and the PS3 has only been out for 6 ...you do the math.
  • ocelot
    Options
    @focus
    Nothing is touching the PS2... And Sony are just now selling there console to China and South America... The PS2 sold 50mill after the PS3 launched because of the other territories... Nintendo or MS can't and wont sell to those countries like Sony will.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in 2006, PS2 had a 130 million unit installer base. PS3 only has only above half. I know the price range and the recession killed massive sales spikes, but its kinda disappointing to the name 'Playstation' in terms of units sold.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn, i might actually have cared if i was a sony stock holder.
  • ocelot
    Options
    Well damn, i might actually have cared if i was a sony stock holder.

I hope you're not in to sports then.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a PS3 but...Nintendo still owns the gaming industry.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS3 = Super Nintendo
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The PS3 can sell as many units as it wants.
    Won't change the fact that there aren't any good, exclusive games on it.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won't change the fact that I don't like any of the exclusive games on it.

fixed
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    PS3 = Super Nintendo

Hell no. Even most Sony stans don't agree with you on that and they are playing SNES emulators as we speak.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    goldenja wrote: »
    PS3 = Super Nintendo

Hell no. Even most Sony stans don't agree with you on that and they are playing SNES emulators as we speak.

why you mad tho?
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fixed

PS3 exclusives are wack, your online is for cheap ass ? who can't afford to pay for it, and your system is an overpriced blu-ray player.
  • ocelot
    Options
    We cheap but we bought a over price blu ray player...lol
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

fixed

PS3 exclusives are wack, your online is for cheap ass ? who can't afford to pay for it, and your system is an overpriced blu-ray player.

All of these are YOUR OPINION, which is pretty much irrelevant to anyone else. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it fact was what I was trying to convey in the original reply to your post. I have both systems with subscription services on each (XBL & PS+), so I'm good with whatever (in response to the "cheap" ? )

But lol @ people being cheap who don't want to pay for internet to game when they already pay to have internet in their homes.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't be buying the next sony console if you have to install games on it. That ? is a pain in the ass. Updates too - ? updates, takes too long b.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    I don't see why people would catch feelings about installing games.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I don't see why people would catch feelings about installing games.

When i have ppl over i dont wanna have to wait to install ? to get ? crackin b
    nor do I want to do it when I don't have people over

it's worse when they're like "oh you have to install games? Wow ps3 sucks" tip
    ? their efficient consoles
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I won't be buying the next sony console if you have to install games on it. That ? is a pain in the ass. Updates too - ? updates, takes too long b.
    Don't game on PC then because some of those install times makes the PS3 look lite.

• LUClEN
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Don't game on PC then because some of those install times makes the PS3 look lite.

Only games i ? with on pc are games I can't get for my console

i.e. SC2, Diablo, Counterstrike etc
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Can't talk for ps3 but xbox downloads take like 5 minutes. You impatient like that b?
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Can't talk for ps3 but xbox downloads take like 5 minutes. You impatient like that b?

Naw, he's not talking about downloads, he's talking about install time. You wouldn't know about that if you just own 360 because the games start right up. Download time is faster on 360 too tho.

This discussion has been closed.