I Am WARNING You ALL: LONG Read...Do First Loves Ever Get Together Again?

Options
L.I.P.
L.I.P. Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
Knowing how hostile the IC is ima get so ? up in feelings and "not reading this ? " gifs for this ? but ? it LOL Ima take my ? like a man... ? yall... now onto my story

I met a wonderful girl about 3 years ago but didn't begin to date her until about 2 years ago. We were madly in love with each other for a very long time. I'm from NY and she's from a small town in NC and the lifestyles are totally different so I tried helping her adjust. Over a period of time things began to get really difficult for her. She lived in Brooklyn, worked in Manhattan and went to school in Queens. She also didn't meet anyone new or try to obtain an active social life. She would always complain about a very rude manager she had and I tried to help guide her through these problems. I suggested she join a club at school, try to obtain a job with a day shift in the borough she lives. In addition to this, she was extremely clingy and spent about 95% of her free time with me in my house. I began to get overwhelmed and eventually I cheated on her (something I completely regret doing) with a girl from school. When she found out it completely tore her apart because I was the only person she had in NY (even though I wanted her to have more).

I wish i never did it but I felt so suffocated with my own life and trying to help this person be her own individual (which she did not take any initiative to do at all). We got over this eventually and stayed together. She is a person that does not listen to you at all, thinks she knows it all, hates when you are right, and asks everyone else (her parents, friends from out of state, facebook) for advice on the decisions to her problems (in which they will tell her literally the EXACT same things I told her), & she just likes to avoids problems in general. She was not mature at all compared to me as I was forced to be an adult ever since i was a teenager (grew up poor, single parent home, etc). I began to get tired of her and stopped making her feel special and tell her the things I used to like making her feel she was the only girl in my world, and I was mean a lot, something I also regret. A few months later I found out she was cheating on me with a co-worker.

Her whole clingy attitude changed and she began hiding her phone, coming to my house later than normal, etc. When I confronted her about it she began to lie about plenty of things and I caught her in more and more lies. To make a long story short, she could never make a choice between me and this other guy, but basically chose to lie about her interactions with this other person (because she did not want to lose me). She wanted to have her cake and eat it too (and I fully admit that I probably opened the gateway to all of these problems back when I cheated, which did not manifest themselves until now). She is a big drama queen though, and has even made youtube videos apologizing & claiming she wants to fix things, but at the same time she is still talking and having sex with this third party, & I won't be with someone who doesn't want to be with me fully. This other guy has mentioned to her that if she just wants to be friends with him and return to me that's fine (which leads me to believe he is just using her for sex). They've been having sex for a month now.

I love her to death and I always have, I am willing to forgive her and try to fix things, but she is confusing me by saying she wants to fix things but still talking to this other person. I don't know what she wants, but she seems extremely confused and I find it confusing that she would want to throw away 2 years of ups and downs but full of love to be with someone new (whom I know throws a lot of dirt on my name and makes her feel wanted, something I also stopped doing). I wish I could turn back the hands of time to make things better. I always accepted her for her flaws and never thought once of being with someone else. I also understand that sometimes people make mistakes and do bad things, but I love her so much.

Perhaps this is a time where I just have to give her the space she needs to perhaps date other guys or move on from me? She's from the country though and while I'm not saying I'm the best person out there for her...let's face it...she isn't even mature enough to face reality..NY ? is gonna dog her the ? out if she chooses to stay here. This is hard to do because I've never loved anyone like I've loved her (and vice-versa), and I don't want to be labeled as a stalker. I would like to know If anyone else has been in such a situation. How should I handle this? Should I move on and never talk to her again? Leave her be? Should I try contacting her again months down the line? Wait and see if she contacts me? Do first loves ever get back together again in the future? We had our children's names planned out, planned a future together, and never thought we would end like this, especially on such negative terms. Today I left a few voicemails voicing my goodbyes and wishing her the best and sent her a few goodbye text messages with some pictures of notes she wrote to me that said we would be together forever. She hasn't contacted me at all in 3 days and changed her facebook picture, however she has all of our pictures up on her Facebook page still. Has she moved on? What should I do?

I really want her back as she was the first person I ever loved and I don't think I will meet another girl that will be as good to me as she was. She bought me so many games, cooked dinner all the time, bought so much food, did good things for me, said sweet things for me , etc. Her negatives was just that she was just too immature...I been through too much ? and my reality aint no fairy tale..... She cant face facts or live in the real world. I gave her emotional support, took her out, bought her jewelry, etc. She taught me what it meant to love someone, we both spent 2 years together and did things with each other that we never did with anyone else, had many inside jokes and we were each others firsts. I taught her that she needed to be more mature, responsible and take care of herself..I guess we both passed onto each other what we grew up with. I definitely could have treated her better, but at the same time it could be me post-rationalizing the breakup as my fault....the truth is she made a lot of mistakes too but I just cant help but feel if i did certain things or said certain things that this would have all turned out differently. I am even more upset because I feel the person she is with is just wants her for the sex and definitely does not and will not put up with her flaws and shortcomings and give her the feeling of being wanted that she really wants. I feel as though if he really wanted her he would have waited for her to completely end things with me before doing anything with her..She is going back to North Carolina on December 21st for Christmas and there is a chance she might stay down there. She has mentioned before that she wanted me to stop her from going there to stay come Dec 21 (which again, doesnt make sense cuz shes still rappin and ? with another dude you know? Do you think I should write her a letter to her North carolina house so when she gets there she can read it? Or is this just an L I'm going to have to take no matter what? Speak IC.

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    got half way into the second paragraph and stop will be back to finish readint it later so for now.

to be continued..
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.D.D. Kick in at Knowing, sorry bruh,
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe the ? should've did a trailer.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn..told ya'll about that hall pass..go on and cheat if you want to..
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many days u been working on this thread bruh?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    edited November 2012
    Options
    L.I.P. wrote: »
    Knowing how hostile the IC is ima get so ? up in feelings and "not reading this ? " gifs for this ? but ? it LOL Ima take my ? like a man... ? yall... now onto my story

I met a wonderful girl about 3 years ago but didn't begin to date her until about 2 years ago. We were madly in love with each other for a very long time. I'm from NY and she's from a small town in NC and the lifestyles are totally different so I tried helping her adjust. Over a period of time things began to get really difficult for her. She lived in Brooklyn, worked in Manhattan and went to school in Queens. She also didn't meet anyone new or try to obtain an active social life. She would always complain about a very rude manager she had and I tried to help guide her through these problems. I suggested she join a club at school, try to obtain a job with a day shift in the borough she lives. In addition to this, she was extremely clingy and spent about 95% of her free time with me in my house. I began to get overwhelmed and eventually I cheated on her (something I completely regret doing) with a girl from school. When she found out it completely tore her apart because I was the only person she had in NY (even though I wanted her to have more).

I wish i never did it but I felt so suffocated with my own life and trying to help this person be her own individual (which she did not take any initiative to do at all). We got over this eventually and stayed together. She is a person that does not listen to you at all, thinks she knows it all, hates when you are right, and asks everyone else (her parents, friends from out of state, facebook) for advice on the decisions to her problems (in which they will tell her literally the EXACT same things I told her), & she just likes to avoids problems in general. She was not mature at all compared to me as I was forced to be an adult ever since i was a teenager (grew up poor, single parent home, etc). I began to get tired of her and stopped making her feel special and tell her the things I used to like making her feel she was the only girl in my world, and I was mean a lot, something I also regret. A few months later I found out she was cheating on me with a co-worker.

Her whole clingy attitude changed and she began hiding her phone, coming to my house later than normal, etc. When I confronted her about it she began to lie about plenty of things and I caught her in more and more lies. To make a long story short, she could never make a choice between me and this other guy, but basically chose to lie about her interactions with this other person (because she did not want to lose me). She wanted to have her cake and eat it too (and I fully admit that I probably opened the gateway to all of these problems back when I cheated, which did not manifest themselves until now). She is a big drama queen though, and has even made youtube videos apologizing & claiming she wants to fix things, but at the same time she is still talking and having sex with this third party, & I won't be with someone who doesn't want to be with me fully. This other guy has mentioned to her that if she just wants to be friends with him and return to me that's fine (which leads me to believe he is just using her for sex). They've been having sex for a month now.

I love her to death and I always have, I am willing to forgive her and try to fix things, but she is confusing me by saying she wants to fix things but still talking to this other person. I don't know what she wants, but she seems extremely confused and I find it confusing that she would want to throw away 2 years of ups and downs but full of love to be with someone new (whom I know throws a lot of dirt on my name and makes her feel wanted, something I also stopped doing). I wish I could turn back the hands of time to make things better. I always accepted her for her flaws and never thought once of being with someone else. I also understand that sometimes people make mistakes and do bad things, but I love her so much.

Perhaps this is a time where I just have to give her the space she needs to perhaps date other guys or move on from me? She's from the country though and while I'm not saying I'm the best person out there for her...let's face it...she isn't even mature enough to face reality..NY ? is gonna dog her the ? out if she chooses to stay here. This is hard to do because I've never loved anyone like I've loved her (and vice-versa), and I don't want to be labeled as a stalker. I would like to know If anyone else has been in such a situation. How should I handle this? Should I move on and never talk to her again? Leave her be? Should I try contacting her again months down the line? Wait and see if she contacts me? Do first loves ever get back together again in the future? We had our children's names planned out, planned a future together, and never thought we would end like this, especially on such negative terms. Today I left a few voicemails voicing my goodbyes and wishing her the best and sent her a few goodbye text messages with some pictures of notes she wrote to me that said we would be together forever. She hasn't contacted me at all in 3 days and changed her facebook picture, however she has all of our pictures up on her Facebook page still. Has she moved on? What should I do?

I really want her back as she was the first person I ever loved and I don't think I will meet another girl that will be as good to me as she was. She bought me so many games, cooked dinner all the time, bought so much food, did good things for me, said sweet things for me , etc. Her negatives was just that she was just too immature...I been through too much ? and my reality aint no fairy tale..... She cant face facts or live in the real world. I gave her emotional support, took her out, bought her jewelry, etc. She taught me what it meant to love someone, we both spent 2 years together and did things with each other that we never did with anyone else, had many inside jokes and we were each others firsts. I taught her that she needed to be more mature, responsible and take care of herself..I guess we both passed onto each other what we grew up with. I definitely could have treated her better, but at the same time it could be me post-rationalizing the breakup as my fault....the truth is she made a lot of mistakes too but I just cant help but feel if i did certain things or said certain things that this would have all turned out differently. I am even more upset because I feel the person she is with is just wants her for the sex and definitely does not and will not put up with her flaws and shortcomings and give her the feeling of being wanted that she really wants. I feel as though if he really wanted her he would have waited for her to completely end things with me before doing anything with her..She is going back to North Carolina on December 21st for Christmas and there is a chance she might stay down there. She has mentioned before that she wanted me to stop her from going there to stay come Dec 21 (which again, doesnt make sense cuz shes still rappin and ? with another dude you know? Do you think I should write her a letter to her North carolina house so when she gets there she can read it? Or is this just an L I'm going to have to take no matter what? Speak IC.

vfuvkz.gif
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few things:

1. Post the apology youtube vids, so we can see if she's worth chasing.
    2. The other guys lays pipe better, if not, she'd not keep him around.
    You give her everything else, so, there's that issue.
    3. once again, post the vid. you cant expect ? to read all that,
    and a vid exists, and you aint postin it. Drop the vid, or paypal everyone
    in this thread $5 for having to read all them feelings.
  • deadeye
    edited November 2012
    Options

A few months later I found out she was cheating on me with a co-worker.

This other guy has mentioned to her that if she just wants to be friends with him and return to me that's fine (which leads me to believe he is just using her for sex). They've been having sex for a month now.

I've never loved anyone like I've loved her (and vice-versa), and I don't want to be labeled as a stalker.

2ns0xa8.jpg

*'Can't relate*

Do you think I should write her a letter to her North carolina house so when she gets there she can read it? Or is this just an L I'm going to have to take no matter what? Speak IC.

Edited and summarized.

(smh @ me for reading all that)

t7jq6c.jpg

Anyway, it's looks like "lunch ? " strikes again.

It's a wrap bruh.

She'll come back to you once she's been used and abused, but...based on what you've said about her...she'll probably come back to you more damaged than she was when she was with you.

'Might even come back with a baby or two as a "package deal."

Cut your losses and move on.

Your girl now belongs to the game.
  • L.I.P.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I already warned that it would be a long read so I don't get what everyone is surprised about. Kai is right...5th grade level reading here. Hopefully this is better? I'll break it down:

1) Met a decent chick 2 or 3 years ago, cook, clean, does my laundry, buys me ? etc. we were both each other's first and both fell in love with each other she is from a small town in North Carolina and I am from New York City

2) We spent a lot of time together, did mad ? , yada yada, she develops a bunch of issues trying to adjust to city life including finding a place to live, a ? manager at work, and literally not making any new friends at school. This girl has big issues/flaws that i accepted: shes born with a silver spoon, doesnt listen, hates constructive criticism, immature, close-minded

3) I told her how to solve these problems but she is hard-headed and doesnt listen at all and spent 95% of her free time around me instead of working on these issues.. I felt suffocated and pushed her away a lot because i felt instead of spending all this time around me you could be better integrating yourself in NYC. I ended up cheating (which i regret), stopped making her feel special and doing the ? I used to

4) a few months down the road we still love each other but our relationship aint as good as it used to be. She finds a co worker who starts telling her the ? i used to tell her and making her feel special again. She cheats on me and lies about it until i catch her in lies

5) I was willing to work things out especially considering i cheated, but she gives me contradictive signals about wanting to fix things (including youtube apology videos 3 of them, emails about how shes sorry, hopes im doing okay and articles on rebuilding trusts, voicemails, and a 6 page hand written letter with a picture of us (but shes still talking and ? this other guy..)

6) She seems confused and this confuses the ? out of me so i go to her house and long story short she put this dude name and # back into her phone, and found mad texts between them still so I know she is still rappin/fukin with the dude not to mention dude is throwing mad dirt on my name cuz he is getting free and easy ? (the girl just isnt from the city so its very easy to manipulate her). I go home and dont contact her for 2 days

7) I send her a voicemail wishing her the best of luck and send a text message saying goodbye. She has not responded in any way shape or form or talked to me for like 3 days. shes leaving to go to NC for xmas (but she might stay there) & mentioned in the past that she wants me to stop her & im the only one that can do so. I'm 24 she's 23.
  • L.I.P.
    Options
    You guys are hilarious lol, i hope my post above is at least SOMEWHAT better?
  • L.I.P.
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

This other guy has mentioned to her that if she just wants to be friends with him and return to me that's fine (which leads me to believe he is just using her for sex). They've been having sex for a month now.

I've never loved anyone like I've loved her (and vice-versa), and I don't want to be labeled as a stalker.

2ns0xa8.jpg

*'Can't relate*

Do you think I should write her a letter to her North carolina house so when she gets there she can read it? Or is this just an L I'm going to have to take no matter what? Speak IC.

Edited and summarized.

t7jq6c.jpg

It's a wrap bruh.

She'll come back to you once she's been used and abused, but...based on what you've said about her...she'll probably come back to you more damaged than she was when she was with you.

'Might even come back with have a baby or two as a "package deal."

Thats what I was thinking....does she basically belong to the game now, am i too late....the mixed signals she sent me aren't helping...Hes most likely ? the ? out of her (admittedly more than likely, better than me) and she caught all these feelings. But OBVIOUSLY shes so ? dumb to recognize game cuz shes not from the city... I mean look at the what the ? hes saying...

I don't want her to ? come back to me after this ? is done using her...I'm from the city man....she goes to the next ? and hes gonna abuse her, next ? ..then the next ? ....etc...smh again im not saying im the best person for this girl..but lets face it theres few people that are going to love you and accept you for everything you are
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    A few things:

1. Post the apology youtube vids, so we can see if she's worth chasing.
    2. The other guys lays pipe better, if not, she'd not keep him around.
    You give her everything else, so, there's that issue.
    3. once again, post the vid. you cant expect ? to read all that,
    and a vid exists, and you aint postin it. Drop the vid, or paypal everyone
    in this thread $5 for having to read all them feelings.

Didnt read but this sounds like a plan.
  • L.I.P.
    Options
    Come on son...people on this site dont even like to post PICS.......So I'm not gonna post the videos. You crazy
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    First titangraph:
    2 pages
    1443 words
    5900 characters (no spaces)
    7349 characters (with spaces)
    1 paragraph
    74 lines
    Second titangraph:
    1 page
    523 words
    2140 characters (no spaces)
    2670 characters (with spaces)
    1 paragraph
    36 lines

U almost there bruh, now if u could just condense it down a lil bit more...................
  • deadeye
    edited November 2012
    Options

2ns0xa8.jpg

*'Can't relate*

Edited and summarized.

t7jq6c.jpg

It's a wrap bruh.

Thats what I was thinking....does she basically belong to the game now, am i too late....the mixed signals she sent me aren't helping...Hes most likely ? the ? out of her (admittedly more than likely, better than me) and she caught all these feelings. But OBVIOUSLY shes so ? dumb to recognize game cuz shes not from the city... I mean look at the what the ? hes saying...

I don't want her to ? come back to me after this ? is done using her...I'm from the city man....she goes to the next ? and hes gonna abuse her, next ? ..then the next ? ....etc...smh again im not saying im the best person for this girl..but lets face it theres few people that are going to love you and accept you for everything you are

If you love her that much just give her an ultimatum and stick by it.

Tell her,

"look, I don't have time for this ? . You need to make up your mind. It's either me or him. Either we get back together or we go our separate ways. What's it gonna be?"

Something to that effect.

Otherwise, you're giving her all the power and she's just gonna keep stringing you along.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    plenty of other ? to get victimized by bruh... godspeed...
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2ns0xa8.jpg

*'Can't relate*

Edited and summarized.

t7jq6c.jpg

It's a wrap bruh.

Bruh, this ? hurt me man lol.
    Let her go.
    let her go man....
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read halfway. Ill say you need to forget bout this chick asap. Nothing good will come from interacting with her. Now go ahead and post that youtube video homie
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you ? or do you just love the abuse? No sarcasm, seriously, get your head straight and move on.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    to keep it 100... the best remedy for these "feelings" is new ? ...
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    I'm sure he already dead tho....
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    theoretically u could hop in a Delorean and ? me before my death in the year 3...