What y'all think about Jamie Foxx as Electro in the next Spidey movie?

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
Jamie Foxx...great acbut, electro is a powerful cat. Should be an interesting dynamic. This series of spidetmy is giving is solid actresses and actors. Far superior to the last one.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last spidey movie was decent. I liked the movie, but the new spiderman didn't really wow me at all.

Hopefully Jamie can make up for spidey's lackluster performance
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that the next Spidey movie is supposed to be darker, more gritty. Mary Jane Watson is supposed to appear, but no word on if Gwen Stacey dies in 2 or 3.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I like Garfield as an actor...I think there is more story to this one.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need another director. Jamie Foxx as Electro is a poor choice. Dude's a good actor but he'd be better off doing a blade reboot tied in to a spiderman movie with morbius or some ? .

? Electro, use shocker, Kingpin, Norman Osborne, Tombstone, Rhino and a cameo of Eddie Brock/Venom.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shocker would've been perfect for the sequel, jamie foxx is such a weird choice.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @sour lol ? , why don't you like electro?
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the Scorpion would make a good villain. him being sponsored by Jameson would make an ill story
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    @sour lol ? , why don't you like electro?

he's overrated.

Mysterio >> electro

Like I said in the other thread, Jason Mamoa would make an excellent electro. It's an easy role.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    take the story somewhere completley diff.

have him battle michael morbius
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Ultimate Spidey, is Electro black or are they doing that comic book diversity ? , where they're changing ? 's races for the sake of changing ? 's races.

If they need a more diverse cast, why have Foxx play Tombstone or better yet, do something I've always been a proponent of, create a new character.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Ultimate Spidey, is Electro black or are they doing that comic book diversity ? , where they're changing ? 's races for the sake of changing ? 's races.

If they need a more diverse cast, why have Foxx play Tombstone or better yet, do something I've always been a proponent of, create a new character.

That's an absolute no no in comic book movies bruhs...? will not be happy...and that's just cheap directin'...All them villains at their disposal and that make a new one?...Nah man...I'm not sayin' that they should make frame by frame copies (word to Watchmen) but get the characters right...all else can be forgiven
  • Sour-Cream
    Options

Na, electro's white or pale skin in the comics which is why I don't understand that ? . They take a good actor and ? it up by putting him in the wrong role all for the sake of money. This gotta be a hoax, otherwise I won't see this ? .
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

That's an absolute no no in comic book movies bruhs...? will not be happy...and that's just cheap directin'...All them villains at their disposal and that make a new one?...Nah man...I'm not sayin' that they should make frame by frame copies (word to Watchmen) but get the characters right...all else can be forgiven

It depends my ? . Unicron and The Fallen were created for Transformers and of course there's everybody's favorite homicidal girlfriend/sidekick:

Harley.jpg

When Bruce Timm introduced Harley, ? were like, "who the ? is that?" and everybody eventually came to love Harley to the point where she was introduced in the comics. The issue isn't whether a new villan or character should be introduced, but the execution of the introduction.

• Sour-Cream
    Options

It depends my ? . Unicron and The Fallen were created for Transformers and of course there's everybody's favorite homicidal girlfriend/sidekick:

Harley.jpg

When Bruce Timm introduced Harley, ? were like, "who the ? is that?" and everybody eventually came to love Harley to the point where she was introduced in the comics. The issue isn't whether a new villan or character should be introduced, but the execution of the introduction.

The transformer's movies sucked and Michael Bay is a horrible choice as he pays no attention to the source.

Harley Quinn was introduced in the cartoon but they had the same writers that were partnered with the comics kinda similar to changing Nick Fury to the Sam Jackson image. You just have to have great writers but make sure that it's in sync with the source.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Venom wont be in till like the 4th movie unless they rush the movies

Gwen is still alive and Green Lantern hasnt been established yet
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Venom wont be in till like the 4th movie unless they rush the movies

Gwen is still alive and Green Lantern hasnt been established yet

@ bolded, don't you mean Green Goblin?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Y'all ? is nitpicking on race? Electro is trill...as far as his powers go especially.
  • RespectedGENlUS
    RespectedGENlUS Members Posts: 53
    Options
    I don't like when they change the character's race just for diversity sake. I mean if it's the right actor for the job, then I can see it. But Jamie Foxx as Electro? I feel like they reaching.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2013
    Options
    foxx-electro.jpg

Jamie Foxx as Electro.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? up there looking like Emperor Palpatine.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Yea, I changed my mind Jamie Foxx will be a GOAT villain. Dope ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint Electro like a C list Spidey villain? hes a henchmen for the main Spidey villains

I think Mysterio is supposed to be the main villain
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    foxx-electro.jpg

Jamie Foxx as Electro.

THis ? looks like a cross between Mr Freeze and Dr Manhattan......unless they changed Elecktro Apperance in comics he doesnt looke like Electro at all.

• Maximus Rex
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    aint Electro like a C list Spidey villain? hes a henchmen for the main Spidey villains

Naw, my ? . Electro is in the mid-to lower tier of the the Spidey's "A," list rogues. I guess if you to compare him to The Batman's Rogue he'd be on par with The Penguin or The Riddler. He debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #9 and he's a strong enough of protagonist to carry a movie assuming it's done properly.

ke-thu-nguoi-nhen-tan-pha-khap-noi.jpg

small_624520.jpg

Ultimate Spidey Electro
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I think Mysterio is supposed to be the main villain

Mysterio is one of Spidey's Rogues, but not his arch nemesis. His arch nemesis' had been The Green Goblin and for a minute Venom. People would also make an argument for Carnage as being Spidey's main villain for a minute.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the Scorpion would make a good villain. him being sponsored by Jameson would make an ill story

that's a great choice for a villain. plus the character design would be ill. a scorpion is a deadly arachnid anyway. why didn't they go with him for a villain in the first place. he would be just as agile as spiderman but bigger and gruesome. also it would be a great way to bring j Jonah jameson . I hope they bring back j.k simmons for that role also they should bring somebody else on as Robbie. also the scorpion would be a great way to pick up where they left of with the oscorp /parker/Connors gene/splice experimentation storyline.